Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 08-06-2006, 06:39 PM   #1
PFunk
Kids at the park dunk on me

PFunk has no real reputation yet.
Default Toni???

Obviously it doesn't seem like Kukoc will be returning, but has anyone heard what he's planning on doing?? Having him on a team like Pheonix would be ideal...
PFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:54 PM   #2
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

I'm not really sure. He is getting older so retirement would be a possiblity. If he has something left in the tank, I can see a few teams interested in him
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:46 AM   #3
Chrispbosh4
I brick open layups

Chrispbosh4 has no real reputation yet.

Toni Kukoc is steal extremely talented and has been throughout his entire career, on a team like Dallas, or somewhere else like N/O with CP3 or in Pheonix where he would had Nash dropping him dimes for the outside shot all night long. I havent heard anything about him returning to the nba next season but i also havent heard retirement.
Chrispbosh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:34 PM   #4
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

He said he'll play another year if some team will have him, and I'm sure somebody somewhere will. The Bucks have made it clear that he won't be staying here though, and I have no idea who will want a veteran around who is such a defensive liability and demands minutes. I'm sure if he was content to be a 12th man, and almost never play, we'd keep him around as a locker room presence.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:01 PM   #5
Lotsadimes
I airball my layups

Lotsadimes has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
He said he'll play another year if some team will have him, and I'm sure somebody somewhere will. The Bucks have made it clear that he won't be staying here though, and I have no idea who will want a veteran around who is such a defensive liability and demands minutes. I'm sure if he was content to be a 12th man, and almost never play, we'd keep him around as a locker room presence.

Nobody on the Bucks plays defense and with T.J. gone he'd be the best playmakers on our team. Well we got R. Patterson now so that's one defender, but Toni fit in perfectly and still would.
Lotsadimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 09:03 AM   #6
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Toni's a good playmaker, but these days he wouldn't have a chance defending me, much less an NBA player. If he steps foot on the court, you can pencil in his man for 25 points. At some point even a great player like him gets too old to be useful. Better to give his minutes to a player who will be part of the future of the team.

Don't forget Bell as a good defender.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:59 AM   #7
Rabs_One
I brick open layups

Rabs_One has an OK reputation so far

Toni Kukoc's name aint on the nba.com players list, maybe he did retire, they usualy still have freeagents, injured players or recently retired players sumtimes. too bad really if he did
Rabs_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:07 PM   #8
adamcz
Bucks fan

I can't really see any team offering Toni a contract. He was hoping Chicago or Milwaukee would, but it hasn't happened. Maybe for a championship contendor like the Heat or Spurs, he would be willing to ride the bench? It's probably his only option.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:17 PM   #9
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Kukoc has said he only wants to play for the Bucks or Bulls
Bucks have passed on him
Bulls might sign him, but probably not
And if so, Kukoc will retire
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:16 AM   #10
adamcz
Bucks fan

I thought his retirement was already announced. There were "goodbye Toni" threads on the main board. Maybe they were just based on an assumption.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: