Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-19-2008, 02:27 PM   #1
cbags3
Can barely lace up my sneakers

cbags3 has an OK reputation so far
Default what do you think we have to do to beat the suns tomorrow night?

coming off a back to back against atlanta tonight, and kobe with that pinky, can we beat them? my opinion is yes...only if we are focused and get a big lead tonight and get most of the starters rest in the fourth and let kobe sit and take care of that pinky. if we do that i think we can handle whatever the suns are gonna bring tomorrow night. i think we'll have an advantage there cuz i think the suns still will be a little bit confused on how they should play with shaq in there. i predict lakers over suns...104 to 98

Last edited by cbags3 : 02-19-2008 at 02:55 PM.
cbags3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:41 PM   #2
abdubaba
Serious playground baller

abdubaba has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: what do u think we have to do to beat the suns tomorrow night?

that kind of mentality can give us a loss tonight against atlanta. we should focus on tonights game first.

p.s

im new btw
abdubaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:54 PM   #3
cbags3
Can barely lace up my sneakers

cbags3 has an OK reputation so far

what kind of mentality? the kind where i said we need to be focused and get a big lead to rest our starters? i dont see how that would translate into a loss
cbags3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:21 PM   #4
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbags3
what kind of mentality? the kind where i said we need to be focused and get a big lead to rest our starters? i dont see how that would translate into a loss

Meaning we should not be looking past Atlanta and thinking about the Suns game. Don't forget we lost to Atlanta on that long road trip. They might be on an extra high with Bibby debuting for them tonight.

Whats up with the Lakers playing in all these debut games for stars new homes??? First Marion, now Bibby, and tomorrow Shaq. Such a crazy season!

Welcome to the boards abdubaba
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:26 PM   #5
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

I agree in getting a big lead and resting our starter but, remember this is Pau Gasol first game at staple center. The lakers should be very hype to play a home game since being on the road for the last 9 games.

However, we do need to take care of business first before thinking about those Suns. The way to beat them we have to play our game and not worry about Shaq the dude is going to be hype to play against us hope Suns have the oxygen on hand for him.

To be honest I don't think we will beat them tomorrow because its on the road and Shaq is going to bring everything he has. Dude has not played a game and is well rested but, in a seven games series lAKERS will win.

Shaq will start losing his motivation and the age will start showing around the end of Feb 08.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:31 PM   #6
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod
Meaning we should not be looking past Atlanta and thinking about the Suns game. Don't forget we lost to Atlanta on that long road trip. They might be on an extra high with Bibby debuting for them tonight.

Whats up with the Lakers playing in all these debut games for stars new homes??? First Marion, now Bibby, and tomorrow Shaq. Such a crazy season!

Welcome to the boards abdubaba
I agree however, its good for the NBA and its also putting us back on the map. Stars against Stars...The league needs the Lakers.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:10 PM   #7
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers

Ryansrams has an OK reputation so far

Since we picked up Gasol Turiaf hasn't played much. I would like to see him get 20 minutes or so, his energy will help against Stoudamire and Shaq. We also need to contain Barbosa he gives the Lakers fits.
Ryansrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:18 PM   #8
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryansrams
Since we picked up Gasol Turiaf hasn't played much. I would like to see him get 20 minutes or so, his energy will help against Stoudamire and Shaq. We also need to contain Barbosa he gives the Lakers fits.

MBenga is going to be useful if we ever seek to apply the Hack a Shaq
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:28 PM   #9
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
MBenga is going to be useful if we ever seek to apply the Hack a Shaq
Never really thought about it but hack a Shaq could be a great technique to get the Suns out of any rhythm they create offensively, not just talking about tomorrow night but for the rest of the year including playoffs. Nothing better than slowing down the Suns with Shaq bricking at the Line!
Old 02-19-2008, 04:29 PM   #10
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
I agree however, its good for the NBA and its also putting us back on the map. Stars against Stars...The league needs the Lakers.

Yep, the Lakers seem to be in the spotlight at every turn since going on that super long 9 games road trip.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:42 PM   #11
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pray. ALOT
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:47 PM   #12
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Pray. ALOT
Thats what you need to do to hold on to the division lead
Old 02-19-2008, 05:16 PM   #13
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Pound the ball inside. Doesnt matter if they have shaq or not. Get Gasol the ball inside and let him cause fouls on amare and shaq. We have to use our strengths against their weakness. With Shaq, they still have bad interior D because Shaq is probably not 100% and hes no where near the presence he once was. I would like Gasol to get a lot of attempts and touches inside throughout the game and more importantly the beginning of the game. Make them use their bench (or their lack of). After Barbosa, there isnt much threat off the bench so make them use the players who are not accustomed to playing big minutes.

I also would like to see farmar get more time than Fish because he has a better chance a staying in front of Nash and is much quicker.

I would also like to see Odom play more inside the paint as well, and driving it into the lane to cause fouls on Amare. LO will probably have the most mismatches because when Amare sits, they will have to put either Diaw or Hill on him and both of those guys cannot handle LO inside.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:25 PM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Pray. ALOT

You're right,

pray that We don't perform the hack-a-shaq with our expendible players. Shaq at the line missing all his free throws will then translate to Pau, Lamar, or anyone else rebounding at the line which gives us more possessions.

Also pray that Shaq can play 25 mpg running up and down.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:42 PM   #15
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
You're right,

pray that We don't perform the hack-a-shaq with our expendible players. Shaq at the line missing all his free throws will then translate to Pau, Lamar, or anyone else rebounding at the line which gives us more possessions.

Also pray that Shaq can play 25 mpg running up and down.

Can I get a amen?
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: