Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-24-2008, 03:01 PM   #1
IMmichael
Can barely lace up my sneakers

IMmichael has an OK reputation so far
Default Lakers among intersted in brent barry

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb.../celtics_blog/

The Sonics waived the 13-year veteran combo-guard Thursday after acquiring him the same day in a trade from the Spurs. The 6-foot-7-inch, 210-pounder will become an unrestricted free agent at 10 a.m. EST on Tuesday assuming he clears waivers, and is expected to get interest from Boston, San Antonio, Phoenix, Denver, Houston, Golden State, and the Lakers.
IMmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:03 PM   #2
Kappy
Local High School Star

Kappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Lakers among intersted in brent barry

I bet he ends up on the Spurs or Rockets. They said that Duncan and Parker, and also Yao and McGrady, were all calling Barry trying to convince him to come to their team. I wonder if Kobe or any of the Lakers have called him?!!!
Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:17 PM   #3
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy
I bet he ends up on the Spurs or Rockets. They said that Duncan and Parker, and also Yao and McGrady, were all calling Barry trying to convince him to come to their team. I wonder if Kobe or any of the Lakers have called him?!!!

Sonics IMO. Rockets have enough guards.
fiddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:28 PM   #4
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Kobe4MVP has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy
Sonics IMO. Rockets have enough guards.

That's pretty funny, considering they're the team that just bought him out.
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:42 PM   #5
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers

Ryansrams has an OK reputation so far

I'm cool with Sasha and Farmar as are guards off the bench. Maybe pick up Barry to hate on other teams in the west.
Ryansrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:42 PM   #6
Kappy
Local High School Star

Kappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat cool

I wonder if the Lakers are really going after him aggressively?...or just, hum, hum, about it?!!!
Old 02-24-2008, 04:44 PM   #7
Kappy
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryansrams
I'm cool with Sasha and Farmar as are guards off the bench. Maybe pick up Barry to hate on other teams in the west.

I agree!!.....That would really P-Off so many teams!!
Old 02-24-2008, 04:45 PM   #8
IMmichael
Can barely lace up my sneakers

IMmichael has an OK reputation so far

I think the lakers have interest in him but not as much. My feeling is that he will sign with boston, but it would be very nice to have brent on the team he has alot of experience and is a 2 time nba champion come playoff time he may be one of those guys that just might shine..
IMmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:46 PM   #9
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy
I wonder if the Lakers are really going after him aggressively?...or just, hum, hum, about it?!!!

Well, with Vlad sitting injured, Luke (arguably) "playing" through his injuries, and Ariza out for another month plus, getting a guy who could play the 3 spot might not be a bad idea.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:49 PM   #10
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Hes pulling everyones chain, hes going back to SA.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 05:03 PM   #11
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Well yeah, but doesn't mean we can't talk about it.

I think he's 'talking' to the other teams to make sure it appears there's no Stackhouse shennanigans going on. SA gets my vote to be sure though.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:36 PM   #12
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP
Well yeah, but doesn't mean we can't talk about it.

I think he's 'talking' to the other teams to make sure it appears there's no Stackhouse shennanigans going on. SA gets my vote to be sure though.

Thats exactly whats happening.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:53 PM   #13
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers13

Agreed. Thats what I believe as well.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:10 PM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers13

I really hope thats the case. I would much rather him play there than on Boston or phoenix.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:13 PM   #15
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I really hope thats the case. I would much rather him play there than on Boston or phoenix.

Stop even being concerned at all... he's not that good... come on now guys, think about it.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: