Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-08-2006, 11:39 PM   #1
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool
Lightbulb T.O. picking up Marcus Banks...

I have a question for all the T.O. fans out there. What would you think of Toronto picking up Marcus Banks? He would be about 3-years/12 Million. It is a good deal considering he was traded to the Minnesota franchise supposedly being a "bad pick" and he comes out and averages 12 points and 4.7 assists in 40 games with the the T'Wolves. Lets get the views...
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:33 AM   #2
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I'd love to see Banks in a Raptors uniform. He fits the umtempo style of play of the team he's a good drive-and-dish kind of point guard, which would benefit Bosh, Charlie, and the newly acquired Humphries. He steps up from time to time in terms of scoring as well. The best part about Banks' game is his defense, he has pretty long arms and he's very quick(the year he got drafted one scout said that whoever drafts him will automatically get the second quickest player in the league behind AI, which may have been a stretch but speaks volumes about his athleticism). I think he's a perfect fit.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:34 AM   #3
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

I don't understand this hype all of a sudden aaround Marcus Banks. I liked him when he was with Boston, then he gets traded to MInnesota plays decent and now he's the guy everybody wants.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:39 AM   #4
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

The hype is mainly because he's a young guy who's shown improvement every year, and now he's a free agent. He's not gonna have every team after him and start a bidding war, but there will be proably 6-8 teams who will at least give him some serious consideration.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:51 AM   #5
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He'd be a good backup PG mainly due to his good aggressive defense but I don't see him ever becoming a good starting option. He isn't too good of a playmaker and he is prone to having some major brainfarts with shot selection.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:57 AM   #6
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

At this point in his career yeah, definetly a backup. Maybe the rest of his career, nobody knows for sure. He does have the potential to be a starter though, not necesarily one of the top points in the league, but a starter.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:57 AM   #7
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Would rather spenmd the money on Jay Williams
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 10:14 AM   #8
J Miles 23
I hit open layups

J Miles 23 has an OK reputation so far

i've liked him since the draft..hes a solid pg IMO
J Miles 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:39 AM   #9
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez26
Would rather spenmd the money on Jay Williams

OK this is the problem with Jay Will.....

1. We don't know if he will be fully good enough for NBA play again. They said in workouts that he has a few things wrong still with his game.

2. Jay Will had the chance to come back near trade deadline and basically blew Toronto off. He could have came back but he wasn't ready but he obviously doesn't like Toronto very much and he is only coming back because of our new management. Not saying that is a bad thing that he is coming back, but I think we need to have heart right from the start.

3. With Marcus Banks, in Boston, he didn't get the min utes he expected to have. But since he joined Minnesota and took the starting role from Marko Jaric, he has displayed numbers no one thought he could.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:51 PM   #10
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Jay Will had the chance to come back near trade deadline and basically blew Toronto off. He could have came back but he wasn't ready but he obviously doesn't like Toronto very much and he is only coming back because of our new management.

Actually he worked out for a couple of teams and his agent said he wasn't ready at that time. His agent said he would sit out till next year. SDo what if he's excited he see's a good oppurtunity. Just like the rest of us would jump at an oppurtunity top play for an up and coming team. I take Jay Will ove banks any day...b/c he's cheaper and could still fill the role just as well.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:59 PM   #11
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
I have a question for all the T.O. fans out there. What would you think of Toronto picking up Marcus Banks? He would be about 3-years/12 Million. It is a good deal considering he was traded to the Minnesota franchise supposedly being a "bad pick" and he comes out and averages 12 points and 4.7 assists in 40 games with the the T'Wolves. Lets get the views...

truth be told, he's already issued a statement through his agent that he will be seeking more than the MLE. He's hoping to get a 4-5 year deal at 24-26 mill.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:04 PM   #12
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

A healthy Jay Williams is better than Marcus Banks for sure. But its true that we don't know just how healthy he is. The fact that he has said he feels ready to play and he loves everything about Toronto tells me he's at least ready to join the team, because last year he didnt "blow off" Toronto, he just wasn't ready to return. Obviously it was the right move because he still isn't 100% right now. I think that the Raptors staff or any other staff of a team he works out for can do a pretty good job deciding whether he's ready or not.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:26 PM   #13
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

23jordan23 has an OK reputation so far

Hes a Shoot first 2nd pass point guard...has trouble finishing at time to the basket no thanks..i prefer to get telfair over him ..atleast he can pass.
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: