Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 08-08-2006, 07:14 PM   #1
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default Who will be our 6th and 7th men?

ASSUMING That Morrison will start, our starting lineup will probably be something like:

PG: Felton
SG: Wallace
SF: Morrison
PF: Okafor
C: Brezec

Knight will probably get the most playing time off the bench because Felton may end up playing some at 2. It's kinda hard to figure this stuff out because we are so stacked with players who can play down low to decide who would play more; and we don't have much talent after Knight at the guard positions. Robinson and Burleson didn't prove much at all last year. Our second string will probably be like this:

PG: Knight
SG: Anderson or Burleson or Carroll
SF: Robinson
PF: May or Voskuhl
C: Hollins or Harrington

Anyone have any ideas because I'm stumped on how this all will work out.

Last edited by Timmeh : 08-08-2006 at 07:18 PM.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:18 PM   #2
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Knight will be our 6th man. After him May will more then likely get the most time off the bench. After that though I have no clue what is going to happen.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 04:17 AM   #3
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

i'll say May... but i don't like Wallace at SG... maybe...

C-Okafor
PF-Morrison
SF-Wallace
SG-Felton
PG-Knight

then Brezec will become 6th man... and i'm expecting something from Robinson...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 04:59 AM   #4
Captian Solo
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Captian Solo has an OK reputation so far

I just going to say this but i think that hollins is a better then primo. Yes primo will start but in the middle of the there year Hollins will start over pimo because he just sucks ass. And then knight and may will come off the bench and well that is about all that can come off the bench after Hollins is starting. and the guy above me that lines sucks ass there is no way morrison can play the 4 are you on drugs. i mean wallace has a better chance then morrison at the 4. but i like it becuase primo is on it. :)
Captian Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 02:53 PM   #5
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
Knight will be our 6th man. After him May will more then likely get the most time off the bench. After that though I have no clue what is going to happen.
I also think it will be Knight. Im just not sure about May for 7th man. Looking forward to watching the Bobcats this season with this new look.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:40 PM   #6
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
I also think it will be Knight. Im just not sure about May for 7th man. Looking forward to watching the Bobcats this season with this new look.

I just think that Oakafor will go to the 5 and May will play the 4 sometimes. Who else do we have to back up Oak at the four?
Old 08-09-2006, 06:53 PM   #7
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Post 6th or 7th man

I think perhaps there may be rotation here depending upon who is a consistent shooter, who is most aggressive defensively., etc.....it will depend upon what the Cats need in a specific game situation and whatever overall weaknesses are discovered as the season progresses.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:36 PM   #8
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
I just think that Oakafor will go to the 5 and May will play the 4 sometimes. Who else do we have to back up Oak at the four?
I think Harrington is the only one.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:26 AM   #9
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
I think Harrington is the only one.

Don't you think that May will get more time then Harrington will?
Old 08-10-2006, 12:13 PM   #10
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

yeah it's more than likely. It's also possible they could end up playing around the same amount of minutes. But Harrington would come in handy if Okafor goes down with an injury for a few games which is possible to happen.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:42 PM   #11
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
yeah it's more than likely. It's also possible they could end up playing around the same amount of minutes. But Harrington would come in handy if Okafor goes down with an injury for a few games which is possible to happen.

Good point.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: