Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 03-06-2008, 07:35 AM   #1
Irk Woodsman
I airball my layups

Default Tinsley keeping himself out

Quote:
HOUSTON -- If it was physically possible, Jamaal Tinsley would kick himself in the rear end for making a mistake that has him on course for another injury-plagued season.

The Indiana Pacers point guard said he originally injured his left knee against the Miami Heat on Dec. 15. Rather than sit out to let his knee heal, Tinsley continued to play, which made the injury worse.
With Tinsley's continuing pain, nobody knows when he will play again. He has played only 39 games this season.
"I think about why I didn't shut it down a lot," he said as he worked on his shooting after the team's morning practice at the Toyota Center on Wednesday. "But being a player, you always want to fight through things and sometimes the best thing to do is sit down, especially after the year I was having."
Tinsley couldn't give a definite answer when asked if he plans to return this season.
"I'm trying," he said. "I'm doing everything I can do. I have to get back into shape."
Tinsley, who routinely attends games, has a slight limp when he walks. He received his second cortisone shot to limit the soreness in his knee earlier this week, but he spends most of practice watching his teammates from the sideline.
"He still has pain in his knee, and I have no timetable whatsoever, nor does he, on when he'll be back," Pacers coach Jim O'Brien said.
Tinsley averaged nearly 14 points and more than eight assists in the season's first two months. His production drastically fell in January and early February, causing him to tell the coaching and medical staff that he needed to stop playing for a while.
"I came up with that; I don't let them pull the plug on me," Tinsley said. "I determined that. If I'm hurting, I'm hurting. It got to the point that I wasn't able to do what I was capable of doing earlier in the season."
I'm not trying to dog him, because I don't know how bad he's hurting. But, anytime I think of a player sitting himself out I always think about how Reggie would harp on people about playing through pain. http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...TS04/803060495
Irk Woodsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:28 PM   #2
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Default Re: Tinsley keeping himself out

Tinsley's always been a bum. I thought he had rejuvenated himself this year, he looked good early on. But he's bumming it up just as much as always. Diener FTW!
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:36 PM   #3
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
Tinsley's always been a bum. I thought he had rejuvenated himself this year, he looked good early on. But he's bumming it up just as much as always. Diener FTW!

he was having such a great year and now this. at least he not lying about it i guess. just our luck to have another injury prone player(the other is JO).
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:53 PM   #4
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
(the other is JO).

ya don't say :
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: