Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-11-2008, 09:36 AM   #1
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default What is your Favourite Airport?

I'm from Toronto, and our Airport is huge.

My top 5 that I visited would be:

1. Las Vegas
2. Charlotte
3. Buffalo (So simple and easy)
4. Detroit
5. Wilmington North Caroline (Probebly smallest airport ever, incredible easy and fast

Honourable Mentions: JFK, Raleigh/Durughm (sp) North Carolina, Toronto, Philly.

What are yours?
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:40 AM   #2
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What is your Favourite Airport?

Denver International, duh.

What other airport was designed by evil Reptilian humanoids that live under the Earth's surface, and built by the always evil Freemasons? There's even a secret base underneath the airport where evil men think of ideas to enslave the population
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:42 AM   #3
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
I'm from Toronto, and our Airport is huge.

My top 5 that I visited would be:

1. Las Vegas
2. Charlotte
3. Buffalo (So simple and easy)
4. Detroit
5. Wilmington North Caroline (Probebly smallest airport ever, incredible easy and fast

Honourable Mentions: JFK, Raleigh/Durughm (sp) North Carolina, Toronto, Philly.

What are yours?

Durughm..... It's Durham.

Detroit isn't bad. I like using those escalator things.

I can't really remember everything about all of them. I remember the one in Nassau, Bahamas is small as ****. The Madison one was pretty big for the size of the city. I mean I live in a city larger than Madison and the airport is probably less than 1/4 the size. Probably the only airport for a huge area though. I can't remember much about Orlando's. Jamaica...nothing.

Calagary has a decent one.

I'll be going to Las Vegas in under 2 months. Can't wait.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:47 AM   #4
Day La Ghetto
Decent college freshman

Day La Ghetto has an OK reputation so far

Detroit is the oldest dirtiest airport besides D.C . Detroit You're just naming airports you've been too, because if you've been to more then 10 then Detroit is the one you tell your friends how ratty it is and leave off the list.

Miami and fort Lauderdales airports are really nice/new.
Day La Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:53 AM   #5
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

I don't ever remember airports but I think by now I can recognize Detroit's if its the one I'm thinking of with the really long terminal that has a little train as the second floor and the water shooting thing. It's pretty nice, I wouldn't judge an airport by its dirtiness it's all about whether they got enough seats and they're comfortable enough to sleep on and US airports always meet that requirement.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:07 AM   #6
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Coolest:

Koh Samui Thailand - all open air (no walls) done like a garden.

Busiest:

JFK - mad hectic, too many terminals

Nastiest:

LaGuardia - WTF New York? Pick your game up.
Mumbai (intl terminal) - mosquitoes anyone?

Ultra modern:

Kuala Lumpur (intl terminal)
Singapore

Best Activities in the departure gate:

Bangkok - foot massage
Boracay (not sure the name on the adjacent island) - $2 pedicure and manicure

Best activity in the airport:

Singapore - Shower/spa

Disappointing:

LAX - should be more fun
Montreal (Trudeau) - same

Most overrated:

Hong Kong - People always brag it up, it is nothing special.

Best to fly into/take off from:

John Wayne (OC) - planes have to land/take off at a harder angle due to near by buildings, cool mountain and ocean scenery.
Vancouver - same (minus the angle)

Most confusing:

Narita (Tokyo)

Fattest people:

St Louis

Connecting Flight on a Sunday and wanting to watch football:

Detroit(intl. terminal) - saw 3 different games on different screens.

Getting drunk:

Newark - what else you gonna do?
JtotheIzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:15 AM   #7
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Being from Toronto... why are you flying so often into NC? Oh, and my favorite airport in the whole wide worldz is Boston Logan.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:23 AM   #8
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Favorite: Sunport in Albuquerque, NM

Least Favorite: ATLANTA. too damn big
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:25 AM   #9
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

DFW Airport in Irving, Texas has a lot of restaurants and bars that are not costly like most airports. They also have pay-as-you-go internet service in various areas. Definitely a good hub to be in if you have a lengthy layover.

People complain about Vegas, but I don't have a problem at all with McCarran. It's convenient, you don't have to walk 1.5 miles from your gate to the baggage claim like most other airlines. You can get from the plane to the luggage area in about 5 minutes and there's plenty of shuttle services that can take you directly to you hotel at a good price.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:47 AM   #10
west_tip
Good High School Starter

west_tip has an OK reputation so far

gotta agree with the above posters with wilmington nc and denver on this one. also quite like minneapolis-st paul and phoenix is good too.
west_tip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:51 AM   #11
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Vegas and Ft. Lauderdale are up there. Vegas was a connecting flight. Didn't get to visit the city, but spent about $50 on the slots there. Ft. Lauderdale is just a really nice, well put together airport. Also like San Diego's airport (God, I would KILL to go back to that city)

Don't like ATL's airport, and the one in Pittsburgh is just enormous.......
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:34 PM   #12
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Singapore by a longshot.

I had a 10-hour layover and just ended up playing XBOX 360 the whole entire time. Yes, they have XBOX 360s in the airport and a huge HD screen as well.

DFW is great as well. Loads and loads of restaurants in the new terminal and is set up really nice. Plus, it's a 5 minute drive from my house.

Last edited by Hawker : 03-11-2008 at 12:59 PM.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:41 PM   #13
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

I've only been through Chicago O'Hare on layovers so I dont know what their baggage claim and check-in and all that stuff is like, but I like the setup, a lot of restaurants/bars and wide open corridors and shopping areas.

LAX has such a huge foreign element to it which I dont 100% love but I do love how you can see the Los Angeles landscape from inside it, especially when you arrive their from the Eastcoast it gets you all excited that you're in LA.

Airports like Dulles, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Houston never really left a lasting impression on me. Altho like someone mentioned about Atlanta, any gate you need to get to seems to always be a million miles away. Buffalo-Niagara Intl. as someone mentioned is kinda cool. Took a field trip there in middle school just after it was built, the architecture to it is kinda interesting.

Last edited by starface : 03-11-2008 at 12:45 PM.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:53 PM   #14
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Quote:
you can see the Los Angeles landscape from inside it, especially when you arrive their from the Eastcoast it gets you all excited that you're in LA.

That's the same feeling you get in Vegas. Everything is right there in front in you when you're landing.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:01 PM   #15
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
DFW Airport in Irving, Texas has a lot of restaurants and bars that are not costly like most airports. They also have pay-as-you-go internet service in various areas. Definitely a good hub to be in if you have a lengthy layover.

People complain about Vegas, but I don't have a problem at all with McCarran. It's convenient, you don't have to walk 1.5 miles from your gate to the baggage claim like most other airlines. You can get from the plane to the luggage area in about 5 minutes and there's plenty of shuttle services that can take you directly to you hotel at a good price.

Not trying to be an ass but it's actually in Grapevine, Irving and Euless. It's so big that it is incorporated in three cities.

The airport is bigger than the actual town I live in.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: