Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 03-14-2008, 07:02 AM   #1
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Is there a good basketball game for Wii? (other sports games besides the basic disc?)

any fun basketball games for wii that incorporate the wii stick and a shooting motion? i heard that EA 08 was awful and the wii controller's movements didn't make sense.

My girlfriend really likes the Wii Sports and I do too but it's a little simple, are there any other sports games that have the same fun sport-like gameplay as wii sports but is maybe a little more involved? madden? is that sweet? do you pass and hand off and all that?
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:39 AM   #2
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Is there a good basketball game for Wii? (other sports games besides the basic disc?)

yeah madden's pretty well done.

the passing is a throwing motion and it calculates your speed to throw bullet passes or lobs. if you're holding the trigger you'll do a pump fake too.

you hike the ball by pulling the wiimote back towards you and same thing with holding the trigger to do a fake.

raise both controllers to catch a pass.

kick offs are done with the wiimote facing downward and pulling it straight up quickly.

you can wave both controllers to make wind on a kick.

and it has a ton of other intuitive motion controlled actions, those are just the ones off the top of my head.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:59 AM   #3
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Is there a good basketball game for Wii? (other sports games besides the basic disc?)

There aren't any basketball games worth getting. Madden is excellent, MLB Power Pros is a very good game, but not a graphical simulation. FIFA is OK, and I like Tiger Woods a lot, but it has a learning curve if you don't have a straight swing.

Sega Superstar Tennis (makers of Virtua Tennis) and Top Spin are coming sometime. THey should both be good.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 01:42 PM   #4
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

oh yeah, pro evo soccer comes out this week or next week and it is going to potentially be the best soccer game ever made on a console.

you can use the wiimote to point where you want your teammates to run, and you can point where you want your pass to end up.

it's completely reinvented soccer on a console, and is using the wiimote technology extremely well.

and it has online play as well.

i've never been a big fan of soccer games, except for super soccer on the snes, but this one looks like a must have if it's as good as it's supposed to be.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 01:58 PM   #5
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Is there a good basketball game for Wii? (other sports games besides the basic di

Yeah I wanted to find a good basketball game for the Wii, but the NBA Live game for it looks horrible. 'Family' controls are just not what a simulation freak like me really wants.

As a guy who is not a fan of NFL, would I still find the Madden game enjoyable? I've watched examples of people playing the game, and the controls do look quite fun.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 03:08 PM   #6
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Is there a good basketball game for Wii? (other sports games besides the basic di

I'm not a NFL fan, but I've always enjoyed Madden. It's a very good game.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: