Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-16-2008, 11:39 AM   #1
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Official PimpCast: Lakers vs. Rockets, 3/16/08, 12:30PM PST, Toyota Center

Hi Everyone,
VS.

12:30PM PST // 3:30PM EST Game Time (early day game)
Television: ABC TV - Nationally
KLAC 570AM LA Laker Radio Station

Season Record vs. Rockets: 1 - 1

This is the official gamecast for the Lakers vs. Rockets.

The battle for first place happens today. Without Pau Gasol AND Andrew Bynum, the Lakers are in a survival mode where they will have to alter the way in which the play out on the court. They do not have a strong front court and will have to compensate with speed, quickness, and intensity to win this game. Similar to what happened with the Rockets, the Lakers will have to leverage the strengths that they have.

Also, the Rockets could be primed for a loss. They have been playing incredible ball lately with 21 incredible wins in a row. In this day and age, that is very difficult to do, and to keep focused for that long is not easy. The Lakers could capitalize on this and force a win out of this game.

Game Preview: ESPN Game Preview

There will likely be a thread in the main forum, so please participate there as well.

Go Lakers!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:08 PM   #2
GMW
Local High School Star

Default Re: Official PimpCast: Lakers vs. Rockets, 3/16/08, 12:30PM PST, Toyota Center

I actually feel we could grab this one... Kobe should be able to get the better of T-mac, that will probably be key. We just need to commit to good D and come out with energy, which shouldn't be a problem in a game this big and considering the circumstances.

Lakers by 7!
GMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:27 PM   #3
SoCalMike

Default Re: Official PimpCast: Lakers vs. Rockets, 3/16/08, 12:30PM PST, Toyota Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMW
I actually feel we could grab this one... Kobe should be able to get the better of T-mac, that will probably be key. We just need to commit to good D and come out with energy, which shouldn't be a problem in a game this big and considering the circumstances.

Lakers by 7!

I hope you are right GMW!!!! And welcome to the forum... I hope you contribute and participate here often!!!!

I will have to say that I am a fan of Belgium trappist beers, so if you can send some Westvleteren 12 degrees to me, I will be your friend for life!!

Old 03-16-2008, 12:32 PM   #4
GMW
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I will have to say that I am a fan of Belgium trappist beers, so if you can send some Westvleteren 12 degrees to me, I will be your friend for life!!
haha, Westvleteren is hard to get, even for people from Flanders like myself, but I'll see what I can do

I wasn't aware that our beers, although excellent, were this famous. My personal favourite is Leffe
Old 03-16-2008, 12:44 PM   #5
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMW
haha, Westvleteren is hard to get, even for people from Flanders like myself, but I'll see what I can do

I wasn't aware that our beers, although excellent, were this famous. My personal favourite is Leffe

Actually, Westvleteren is known as one of the "best" beers in the world and is highly coveted. It is nearly impossible to get in the United States because the abbey does not want to sell it for commercial resale. They only sell it to individuals and even take down your car license plate when you go to the abbey to purchase it and then you can only get a limited amount to take home. I do have a way to get it, but it is not easy. I have about 6 bottles left at home right now!

Leffe is delicious as well, so its a good choice! If you can try some Westvleteren, you might like that too!!!!!

GO LAKERS!!!!!

Old 03-16-2008, 12:56 PM   #6
Laker5
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Go lakers! Gasol is out for the road trip. kobe needs to do a 81 point game. lol. and to watch the game go here http://lakers.zforum.biz
Laker5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 04:43 PM   #7
lakers74ever

These refs SUCK!!!!! That last 2 minute sequence was all refs and VERY LITTLE Rockets. First a phantom trip on Vlade and then a Technical on top and then more free throws for them on a loose ball foul after a no call for Luke. Give me a break. If the league wants the Rockets to break our win streak so bad lets just give it to them and forget about playing the games. I m sure the Spurs and Celts will concur.
lakers74ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:31 PM   #8
GMW
Local High School Star

Alston can't freakin miss
Old 03-16-2008, 05:54 PM   #9
lakers74ever

We had a great chance to win this and then AS USUAL Lamar Odom can t make a damn free throw and the momentum turns and this game is over. LO, i prefer BLO, misses more crucial ft s and easy lay ups than anyone i ve ever seen. He hurts us with his lack of concentration. This is why he has NEVER been a winner.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:30 PM   #10
GMW
Local High School Star

Only managed to see the second half. I wouldn't blame it on Odom, the sequence definitely changed momentum, but from what I saw the whole team just didn't execute well. Defense was slow and without intensity and we didn't get anything done on the other end either. Farmar loves that 3 point shot too much and Kobe embarrased himself on national TV.

Sure we are severely shorthanded, but there is no excuse for losing a very winnable game like this. Kobe needs to step up in these circumstances, if he wants that MVP he's gonna have to do a whole lot better.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:37 PM   #11
lakers74ever

All i can say is that Odom missed the free throws and they scored and i turned off the TV knowing the outcome. You said that it changed momentum. I guess i give that more weight than you. All that comes after is a product of the missed free throws.

PS Do you think we lack toughness???
Old 03-16-2008, 06:43 PM   #12
GMW
Local High School Star

Yes it changed momentum but stuff like that happens, you can't blame the loss on him when you got other guys screwing up as well. Kobe took his share of bad shots, they weren't momentum changers but they were bad nontheless.

And there is no question we lack some toughness, Bynum should give us a boost in that department when he returns.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:00 PM   #13
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMW
And there is no question we lack some toughness, Bynum should give us a boost in that department when he returns.

If the Lakers had Bynum, Gasol and Ariza, the Rockets would not be in their league (and yes, assume Yao in that mix).

Old 03-16-2008, 07:12 PM   #14
lakers74ever

Yes Mike if we had them we beat the Rockets, but we don t and i thought, in fact i still think, this team has enough to win without them as long as they are here for the playoffs. I worry we lose valuable seeding because of these injuries. I worry it ultimately costs us a REAL chance at the title. I hate the words NEXT YEAR! I believe if we play TOUGHER and Jackson steps up here as a coach intensity wise and we play smart we CAN win at least one of these 2 games. Also, Odom must play with some concentration and purpose. I d love to, not be the coach, but be in a position to convey these thoughts to the club. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:36 PM   #15
gts
Sons of Antartica

i only caught the 4th quarter and to me the thing that chnged the momentum the most was having odom not get one shot attempt until the game was out of reach... how many shots did kobe force up in the final 5 minutes? and how amny did he make? i lost count at 0 for 5 from the field...
teams lose games and i'll always stand by that statment, but iwas ot happy with kobe today in the final stretch, he took everyone out of the offense by trying to win this by himself...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: