Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 03-18-2008, 11:43 AM   #1
ZeN

Default Maggette may have strong eye for Orlando during free agency

From Yahoo:

Quote:
Tuesday, Mar 18, 2008 12:01 pm EDT

Maggette may have strong eye for Orlando during free agency

With the Orlando Magic having so many guards in the final year of their contracts and with center Dwight Howard locked in for many years there will be free agents all over the league hoping for a ride to Orlando.

Shooting guard Corey Maggette of the Los Angeles Clippers will be among those looking to see what the Magic will do. Maggette has an option to make $8.2 million with the Clips next season. The Magic probably could get him for the mid-level exception ($5.5 million) if they extend it out for five years. Maggette started his career in Orlando, but he was traded after one year during the salary cap purge of 2000.

"We'll sit down this summer and see where it goes," Maggette said before the Clippers were pounded by the Magic last week. "We're not going to the playoffs, so we'll have plenty of time to make that decision. My parents will be happy wherever I play."

Posting this because it pertains to the Clips...

Gotta say Howard, Lewis, Turk, and CMagg would be an awsome combination... EDIT:

Last edited by ZeN : 03-18-2008 at 02:44 PM.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:44 PM   #2
qrich
King Heno

Default Re: Maggette may have strong eye for Orlando during free agency

This is the stupidest article I've read in a while. Why would Corey sign for the MLE when he wants more money? Why would the Magic sign him when they have Shard and Turk already at the wings?
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:46 PM   #3
ZeN

Default Re: Maggette may have strong eye for Orlando during free agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
This is the stupidest article I've read in a while. Why would Corey sign for the MLE when he wants more money? Why would the Magic sign him when they have Shard and Turk already at the wings?

I was thinking that about CMagg.. Is he not seeking to go else where because he want to get paid more?

And if cash is his motivation, the clippers can pay much more than 5mil per year
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: