Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 03-30-2008, 03:13 PM   #1
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default Who's #1? Beasley vs. Rose.

Beasley has looked like the solid pick for most of the season but these last 2 performances by Rose are mouth watering.

So what's more preferable? A potential 20/10 forward or a potential franchise PG? Sounds crazy but the GM with the #1 pick is going to be in a difficult spot.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:57 PM   #2
cartmanclone

Default Re: Who's #1? Beasley vs. Rose.

you;re making Beasley sound like He doesnt have superstar potential....thats ludicrous and Beasley is the better prospect..

Beasley has the same skills as a Derrick Coleman times 2 , and Derrick Coleman half assing most of his career happened to be a 19 and 10 guy, Beasley has A Better Shot than Derrick Rose, He can dribble the ball like D-Rose, He has better athleticism , and hes been more consistent than D-Rose (26 and 12) and oh lets not forget he's 6'9 245
Old 03-30-2008, 09:43 PM   #3
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would take Beasley unless my team already had a strong frontcourt.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:51 PM   #4
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

I would still take Beasley over Rose unless the latter successfully carried his team to the final game and won the MOP in victory.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:16 PM   #5
AlThornton
Great young streetballer

AlThornton has an OK reputation so far

I would take Rose, he is a special player on and off the court. The kid has the heart of a champion.
AlThornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:41 PM   #6
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
I would take Beasley unless my team already had a strong frontcourt.

Yup thats what Im thinking...

Lets just say that out of some freak accident the Clips get the top pick.. I dont see them picking up Beasley unless they plan on dealing him to another team...

So in this case I would say Rose.. since they need someone for the pg spot..

All that is that said knowing that its damn unlikely that they win the lottery...

But Beasley is gonna be a monster in the NBA once he gets into the feel of the league...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:06 PM   #7
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartmanclone
you;re making Beasley sound like He doesnt have superstar potential....thats ludicrous and Beasley is the better prospect..

Beasley has the same skills as a Derrick Coleman times 2 , and Derrick Coleman half assing most of his career happened to be a 19 and 10 guy, Beasley has A Better Shot than Derrick Rose, He can dribble the ball like D-Rose, He has better athleticism , and hes been more consistent than D-Rose (26 and 12) and oh lets not forget he's 6'9 245

Rose will step in and automatically be the most athletically gifted PG in the league. Beasley is no slouch by any means, but Rose? God damn, that kid is something else.

If I have the #1 though, I'm taking Beasley. Built like a tank, range out to the college 3 line (at least), quickness for his size, touch, and a very solid free throw shooter. 20+ and 10+ career averages in the League is a very realistic goal.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:32 AM   #8
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartmanclone

Wow were you high when you wrote this? Please name two other all american talents on kansas state besides beasley. Oh wait you cant! Cause kansas state only has ok talent at best with walker being a nice compliment to basley. Beasley handle the ball four times more then anyother player on his team. I would hope that if he got thirty five minutes of play and twenty five shots a game that he could average those stats.

You are belitteling what rose has done because his stats arent as good. Rose is more athletic all around then beasley. Except for strength perhaps. Rose has way better handels then beasley. Rose has great size and speed for his position. Not to mention he has good eyes and hands for hitting the passing lanes for steals. Im not saying I would take rose over beasley. But give rose credit. For doing what he has done. He pretty much led the tigers to the final four. He will be a huge factor in trying to keep darron collison from being a factor in the game this week. Oh and where is the great beasley. At home looking up agents.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:07 PM   #9
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

i was pimpin beasley most of hte year..

but now im rolling with rose.

dudes a physical speciman at that position. and hes fast
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:14 PM   #10
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

beasley will go #1.rose should go #1
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #11
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd take Beasley, but reslly can't go wrong with either. I just feel bad for whomever gets #3, talk about a talent dropoff.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:56 AM   #12
heat_LE
I airball my layups

heat_LE has an OK reputation so far

in the end its prob gonna come down to who gets the first pick; its gonna be a question of team needs rather than who ultimately is the better prospect - cuz that might be too close to call anyways....guess we'll see ;)
heat_LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:01 AM   #13
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Beasley is the better player and fits more needs than Rose for the lottery teams. Unless if Portland wins the lottery, I'd say there is a 90% chance Beasley is the pick.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:41 PM   #14
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

People should be wary of bumping Derrick Rose up too much because of the games against Texas and UCLA. He won't face many 5'11" 170 lbs guards in the NBA so those games are not a good reflection of what's to come.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:57 PM   #15
AlThornton
Great young streetballer

AlThornton has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
People should be wary of bumping Derrick Rose up too much because of the games against Texas and UCLA. He won't face many 5'11" 170 lbs guards in the NBA so those games are not a good reflection of what's to come.

I bump him up because of his whole body of work. He is a franchise type point guard no question.
AlThornton is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: