Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 08-13-2006, 07:30 PM   #1
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Question Cats signings

Who besides me wonders whether the Cats should have signed Jumaine Jones instead of Voskuhl? Watching the previous season's games I always felt more confident when Jones came in off the bench, though Jake would be a close second. And what will happen with Jumaine for this upcoming season? I've seen nothing regarding interest from other teams and nothing regarding the Cats having made him an offer. When is the deadline for teams to sign up players? (Meaning--how many mornings do I have to wake up and wonder where Ely will be playing...........)
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:24 AM   #2
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Who besides me wonders whether the Cats should have signed Jumaine Jones instead of Voskuhl? Watching the previous season's games I always felt more confident when Jones came in off the bench, though Jake would be a close second. And what will happen with Jumaine for this upcoming season? I've seen nothing regarding interest from other teams and nothing regarding the Cats having made him an offer. When is the deadline for teams to sign up players? (Meaning--how many mornings do I have to wake up and wonder where Ely will be playing...........)
I do. I was just talking about him in the Lakers forum. He was a big improvement and helped the Lakers when Odom got injured. He started about 15 games and helped the team. Bobcats should have made an effort for him. Hes a good 3 point shooter and provides a bench boost
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 03:03 AM   #3
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Unhappy still Cats signings

Speaking of Odom, when he started for the Los Angeles Clippers, he was the equivalent of Okafor for the Bobcats: tons of promise but seemed to miss most of his potential playing time due to injuries. The Clips let Odom go and now Odom has had a chance to blossom with another team. I hope that it isn't ditto as far as Okafor, but what good is a great player who can't, for whatever reasons, help out his team.... But I do think that the Cats will have a terrific season with or without Okafor. I just wish that we had Jumaine for his three-pointers and Ely for his hustle.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:23 AM   #4
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Speaking of Odom, when he started for the Los Angeles Clippers, he was the equivalent of Okafor for the Bobcats: tons of promise but seemed to miss most of his potential playing time due to injuries. The Clips let Odom go and now Odom has had a chance to blossom with another team. I hope that it isn't ditto as far as Okafor, but what good is a great player who can't, for whatever reasons, help out his team.... But I do think that the Cats will have a terrific season with or without Okafor. I just wish that we had Jumaine for his three-pointers and Ely for his hustle.
Well , Odom left the Clipps because they didnt want him anymore. He had drug issues too. Okafor is different. He hasnt had any drug problems or any problems at all. Okafor deserves some NBA playoffs experience. It should happen this year with Morrison with the team.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:21 AM   #5
BizMarkie
I Hit Open Layups

BizMarkie has an OK reputation so far

The finish line is almost there. Next clue.

The Twins were born here. No, not Mary Kate and Ashley. But there were Stars. What comes after one?
BizMarkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 07:40 AM   #6
RedOne
Can barely lace up my sneakers

RedOne has an OK reputation so far

Ther would be such a log jam at that position. They need some bigs, not more swings.
RedOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 02:43 PM   #7
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

How about Reggie Evans? Denver's looking for offers.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:32 PM   #8
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I completely agree. I really wanted to see Jones back this year but I'm guessing he wanted more than the Cats were willing to offer.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 03:53 PM   #9
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Question

The number 15 spot on the roster is still vacant; no Hermann and no Ely. Anyone have any ideas of what's likely to happen there?
Old 09-05-2006, 05:50 PM   #10
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Ely supposedly signed with the Suns along with Jones, I thought there was a report that Hermann was about to sign
Old 09-05-2006, 06:04 PM   #11
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Ely supposedly signed with the Suns along with Jones, I thought there was a report that Hermann was about to sign

A while back there was a big deal made about Hermann about to sign with the Cats but he's not yet listed on the Cats roster for this upcoming season and although it was reported that the Suns were interested in Ely, I think that they signed Jumaine instead. Jones was apparently satisfied with less pay than Ely wants and signed for a shorter contract. At least that's what I've read.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:16 PM   #12
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Yeah, the Bobcats website is slow about updating (if that's where you're getting your info from). The Cats Insider posted an article saying Hermann and Voskuhl were reportedly signing.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:14 PM   #13
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

I've got SI on my favorites and I haven't seen any new updates since July 31.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:15 PM   #14
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

The last time I checked, Herrman was going to sign and the Bobcats wanted to acquire a draft pick from Melvin Ely, via a S&T I think. I'm surprised there isn't more interest in Melvin. A lot of teams could use a guy like him. The Lakers could use his inside scoring ability.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:51 AM   #15
PFunk
Kids at the park dunk on me

PFunk has no real reputation yet.

hey have to 'cats resigned Melvin Ely? they should even though they have okefor, brezec and may. injuries do happen and you can never have too many big men.
PFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: