Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 08-14-2006, 06:24 PM   #1
Tru Baller 209
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Tru Baller 209 has an OK reputation so far
Default Our Biggest Needs...

1. We need a sturdy back up PG, with pass first capabilities and defensive prowess, preferrably a character guy. examples --> Eric Snow, Jacque Vaughn, Kevin Ollie, Darrel Armstrong.
* I don't think Nate is ready to be a back up PG right now, I still think he has a more of a SG mindset. This guy would bring more chemistry to the locker room, and allow marbury, francis, jamal or even Nate to play off the ball.

2. we need a rugged interior defender: rebounding and shot blocking is a must, toughness, and good character guy. examples --> alonzo mourning, reggie evans, drew gooden.
* I think david lee can mold himself into that this year. this would allow channing to move to center in some scenarios, and we can play an up tempo offense.

3. A consisent mindset. Are we going to be young/athletic or veteran/high priced? I prefer younger, so we need to move Franchise, JJ, Mo T, Jalen. I like Malik and Q cuz they are character guys.
Tru Baller 209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 06:48 PM   #2
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

HKSVIP has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru Baller 209
1. We need a sturdy back up PG, with pass first capabilities and defensive prowess, preferrably a character guy. examples --> Eric Snow, Jacque Vaughn, Kevin Ollie, Darrel Armstrong.
* I don't think Nate is ready to be a back up PG right now, I still think he has a more of a SG mindset. This guy would bring more chemistry to the locker room, and allow marbury, francis, jamal or even Nate to play off the ball.

2. we need a rugged interior defender: rebounding and shot blocking is a must, toughness, and good character guy. examples --> alonzo mourning, reggie evans, drew gooden.
* I think david lee can mold himself into that this year. this would allow channing to move to center in some scenarios, and we can play an up tempo offense.

3. A consisent mindset. Are we going to be young/athletic or veteran/high priced? I prefer younger, so we need to move Franchise, JJ, Mo T, Jalen. I like Malik and Q cuz they are character guys.
or chemistry...
HKSVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 07:24 PM   #3
jordan23

we need a shot blocker, and crawford and marbury can be big play makers.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:01 PM   #4
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Your right you guys do need a shot blocker.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 08:11 PM   #5
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

with a front line of 6'11

curry--6'11
frye--6'11
jeffries--6'11

our shot blocking is going to be improved
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:26 AM   #6
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Its different though. Just because you're tall doesnt mean you can shot block. Do you see Yao getting up and swatting players all the time?
Old 08-15-2006, 06:34 AM   #7
Internet
Kids at the park dunk on me

Internet has an OK reputation so far

Eddy Curry isnt a shot blocker, hes not even a rebounder.

All the Knicks need to make the playoffs is to improve at PG,SG,SF,PF and C. If they can do that then I dont see why they cant make the playoffs.
If they could get a decent coach, GM and owner they would also get better.

Sorry but the Knicks just suck, plain and simple
Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:46 AM   #8
NYKTIMEWARP94
Can barely lace up my sneakers

NYKTIMEWARP94 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

I agree totally with everything you said. I think Mardy Collins may be able to be that type of PG for the Knicks. I believe if we move the players you said, and keep: Marbury, Crawford, Jared Jeffries, Frye, Curry, Q, Robinson, Lee, Balkman, Collins Malik Rose, I also think JJ could be a solid back up at Center, at least for Shot Blocking and Size---- He takes up mad space. Add a few youngsters to develop. We can make the playoffs and even win a series and as we develop I believe we can be a team to be reckoned with.
NYKTIMEWARP94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:51 AM   #9
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

mardy is going to step up and be that sturdy pg, im believing crawford is going to come off the bench and handle the rock but hes not a TRUE point gaurd, hes a smooth point guard though, mardy is a TRUE point gaurd and hopefully he takes that roll
Old 08-15-2006, 03:03 PM   #10
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet
Eddy Curry isnt a shot blocker, hes not even a rebounder.

All the Knicks need to make the playoffs is to improve at PG,SG,SF,PF and C. If they can do that then I dont see why they cant make the playoffs.
If they could get a decent coach, GM and owner they would also get better.

Sorry but the Knicks just suck, plain and simple
Exactly just because your tall doesnt mean you can block shots.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:48 PM   #11
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
Its different though. Just because you're tall doesnt mean you can shot block. Do you see Yao getting up and swatting players all the time?

um yeah i see yao blocking people alot, if you were tryin to be sarcastic?
Old 09-06-2006, 03:15 AM   #12
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

oldknickfan has decent reputation

The main thing the Knicks need is to show some fire and desire this year and they will do much better. Showing heart makes for better chemistry.

And a shot blocker would be nice too.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:15 AM   #13
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

all we need is a shot blocker, i like marbury at 1 i like francis and jamal at 2 i like jeffries q rose at 3 i like frye and lee at 4 and i like curry at 5
Old 09-06-2006, 08:43 AM   #14
irimus
I airball my layups

irimus has an OK reputation so far

I agree.We need first of all a real defender inside..Curry is not! Frye is sophomore...
irimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:16 PM   #15
Rabs_One
I brick open layups

Rabs_One has an OK reputation so far

what you really need for other teams to even accept your players is to get a 3rd or 4th tea minvolved in the trade so you dont just turn another team into the Knicks. As for Player wise i think you should get another big man in the expense or Curry and maybe Rose, Than shorten your little man roster by giving away more than your gonna get. Atleast you might get some chemistry happening. You defenaetly need a leader, and i mean a real leader, not just a guy that gets good stats and makes commercials. Knicks management sure knows how to loose money but gets it back wit promotions of its players no doubt.
Rabs_One is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: