Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 04-14-2008, 09:39 PM   #1
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation
Default Jose Calderon

Jose is a free agent in the offseason...this guy is an amazing PG. Ive watched him play many games in Toronto and personally I'd have him start over Ford. This is one guy the Pacers should go after in the offseason, maybe a sign-n-trade...
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:07 PM   #2
PersiaN
I airball my layups

PersiaN has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jose Calderon

I think he will remain a raptor...since its so multicultural and stuff it fits him better
PersiaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:16 PM   #3
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersiaN
I think he will remain a raptor...since its so multicultural and stuff it fits him better
I think he will too, but hes going to get a lot of offers and Torontos going to have to pay a high price to keep him
Old 04-14-2008, 10:33 PM   #4
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far

This guy is a pretty good point guard. He can shoot, get into the lane, and rack up assists like crazy. It would be nice to see him in a Pacers uniform, but to my knowledge the Pacers have absolutely no cap space at all to sign him. The only feasible way would be (as previously mentioned by another poster) to work out some sort of sign and trade.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:39 PM   #5
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersiaN
Nope, I really think he's gone. Just wait and see...
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:09 AM   #6
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
Nope, I really think he's gone. Just wait and see...
what if he sign back Harrison, and send Shawne Williams and Harrison for Calderon...that'll fix our PG problem...we can be a backup and start, hes good at both position...if Tins is back and healthy, we can have him as a backup, if Tins is injured, as usual, he can start him....we just need some owners that arent scared to pay some luxury tax
Old 04-15-2008, 02:56 PM   #7
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
what if he sign back Harrison, and send Shawne Williams and Harrison for Calderon.

is there enough of a drug scene up there for harrison and williams? calderon is a good player but him being a pacer is just wishful thinking.

i like our the players we have now in that spot(flip and diener).
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:55 PM   #8
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It'd be nice, but I don't see a way for it to happen. Calderon should and probably will get an offer for a deal that's more than Tinsley's so I don't see a trade possible. If we're going to try and trade for a starting PG it should be Lowry, Steve Blake, or Ridnour/Watson. In that order.

And we should be happy we've got owners who care about winning enough to spend right up to the cap. You can't justify going into the luxury tax when the franchise has been losing millions year after year. Sometimes we Pacer fans don't realize how good we have it with the Simons. If they'd ever sold when we were REALLY down in the late 80s/early 90s there's no way the Pacers would be here.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: