Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-16-2008, 05:43 PM   #1
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Are you nervous with playoffs around the corner?

Ladies and gentlemen. How are all your nerves holding up?

I am very very nervous and the playoffs haven't even begun yet. I don't want to jinx or anything but I am really really worried/scared of losing in first round. No #1 seeded team in the west hasn't gone that far the last few seasons. I even told a couple of my friends that Lakers are going to go real far this time. They thought I was a fool and one of them even laughed at me for saying we are definitely getting out of first round this time. If Lakers screw up somehow, I will probably be considered a fool forever!!

How far do you honestly believe we can go? I know some of you may call me a terrible Laker fan but my nervousness is justified IMO. We are a much better team but just look at T-Mac. Rockets fans have a better team every season and they still get out during first round almost every season regardless of who they play. Thoughts?
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:57 PM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Are you nervous with playoffs around the corner?

Either way we can beat Dal, denver, Utah, and Houston.

So if we stay healthy, I say we are garunteed for the WCF.

After that its up in the air.

Next year with Bynum we're going all the way.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:10 PM   #3
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

LuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat cool

yeah im excited atm, but i am pumped for next season. i mean Bynum, Pau, LO, Kobe and fish.....who gona contain that
LuppersGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:40 PM   #4
Droth24
Gonna kick cancers ass

Droth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i believe we have a legit chance to make WCF and possibly make it to the championship and win it but the thoughts of an upset scares the H*** out of me i guess we have to wait and see GO LAKERS!!!
Droth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:15 PM   #5
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

I am nervous right now and I will be when Bynum gets back to see how he plays with Pau
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:13 AM   #6
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm nervous when they play the Grizzlies.
I'm completely mental during the playoffs.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:35 AM   #7
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I am never comfortable during the playoffs... as a matter of fact, i get a bit psycho. I have already made plans for my beautiful pregnant wife and son to be out of the house during the game on sunday. I have a large Laker flag on the house and I will be wearing Laker clothes to represent. I will be a nut job and I will enjoy every moment of it. LOL

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:46 AM   #8
Local High School Star

211269 has an OK reputation so far

Posted this in the main forum and I'll post it here too.

I really dont get what all the concern is about for some Laker fans and why they think Bynum is some magical all star player the Lakers cant win without You DO realize we started 9-8 this year and everyone was saying Bynum sucked right? You DO realize Bynum didnt start to play well until like a MONTH before he got hurt right? I just dont understand why so many think we are doomed without him, its ridiculous.

Newsflash! Lakers with Pau Gasol in the starting lineup are 22-4! Do the math, thats a .803 win % and thats the best in the NBA! In the last few weeks they handed both the Spurs and the Jazz their ass and beat the Hornets. They also went 7-2 in the longest road trip in NBA history AND just finished with the #1 seed, WITHOUT Bynum! Wow!

Bynum will be a great player but I am sorry, a month of solid play from a player who hadnt done jack **** prior doesnt make or break this team. This Laker team with Gasol is for real and fully capable of winning a title.
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:04 AM   #9
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269
Posted this in the main forum and I'll post it here too.

I really dont get what all the concern is about for some Laker fans and why they think Bynum is some magical all star player the Lakers cant win without You DO realize we started 9-8 this year and everyone was saying Bynum sucked right? You DO realize Bynum didnt start to play well until like a MONTH before he got hurt right? I just dont understand why so many think we are doomed without him, its ridiculous.

Newsflash! Lakers with Pau Gasol in the starting lineup are 22-4! Do the math, thats a .803 win % and thats the best in the NBA! In the last few weeks they handed both the Spurs and the Jazz their ass and beat the Hornets. They also went 7-2 in the longest road trip in NBA history AND just finished with the #1 seed, WITHOUT Bynum! Wow!

Bynum will be a great player but I am sorry, a month of solid play from a player who hadnt done jack **** prior doesnt make or break this team. This Laker team with Gasol is for real and fully capable of winning a title.

Besides the fact that playoffs are a whole different animal, I have two things for you:

1. Bynum brings an defensive presence to the paint, can rebound like a madman, and has a nasty edge to him. He's the perfect ying to Gasols yang.

2. Look what Shaqs presence did for Amare.....You just can't guard two quality big men, Bynum and Gasol out on the floor together will have that same effect. One of those guys will have a favorable matchup and you wont be able to contain them.

Look at the Den matchup with and without Bynum.

SF Radman/Carmelo Odom/Carmelo
PF Odom/K-Mart Gasol/K-Mart
C Gasol/Canby Bynum/Canby

Not only does that get Radman out of the starting lineup which would be a huge +, but how on earth is K-Mart going to stop Gasol or Bynum? Huge advantage Lakers. This also gives the Lakers a huge rebounding edge.

Don't forget defense wins championships and Bynum in the most important defender on the team.

Also don't forget that when Bynum got injured they went into a mini tailspin and lost 4 out of 5 games before Gasol arrived.

Bynum is just starting to scratch the surface of what he is capable of, he avg something like 16 and 11 while starting 25 games.

Again defense wins championships!

Last edited by alexthegod : 04-17-2008 at 03:17 AM.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:17 AM   #10
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here

I'm a little nervous, but I have faith. The Lakers haven't made it this far to crumble now.

They are feeling good right now and are very confident which is a good thing.

I feel that having home court will really be a BIG help as well. (even though they have a good road record this season)

I'm just ready for 4/20 to get here!!!!!
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:32 AM   #11
Local High School Star

211269 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod
Besides the fact that playoffs are a whole different animal, I have two things for you:

1. Bynum brings an defensive presence to the paint, can rebound like a madman, and has a nasty edge to him. He's the perfect ying to Gasols yang.

2. Look what Shaqs presence did for Amare.....You just can't guard two quality big men, Bynum and Gasol out on the floor together will have that same effect. One of those guys will have a favorable matchup and you wont be able to contain them.

Look at the Den matchup with and without Bynum.

SF Radman/Carmelo Odom/Carmelo
PF Odom/K-Mart Gasol/K-Mart
C Gasol/Canby Bynum/Canby

Not only does that get Radman out of the starting lineup which would be a huge +, but how on earth is K-Mart going to stop Gasol or Bynum? Huge advantage Lakers. This also gives the Lakers a huge rebounding edge.

Don't forget defense wins championships and Bynum in the most important defender on the team.

Also don't forget that when Bynum got injured they went into a mini tailspin and lost 4 out of 5 games before Gasol arrived.

Bynum is just starting to scratch the surface of what he is capable of, he avg something like 16 and 11 while starting 25 games.

Again defense wins championships!

Some good points but you are right about playoffs being a whole different animal. Like I said, Bynum played well for a MONTH, what did he do last year in the playoffs? Not much of anything. Who knows what he would have done this year. The Rockets played like the best team in NBA history for 22 games and then what? Came back down to earth. Whos to say Bynum wouldnt have peaked and come back down to reality? Too many questions about his play, hes unproven still. Sorry, but I will take a proven all star with more experience like Gasol heading into the playoffs.
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:55 AM   #12
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

who's nervous? not me calm as a cucumber...

OOPS
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:50 PM   #13
SCV42
Buck Foston

SCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this board

Well, I can't even sleep well lately. Had AM570 on my earphone til 4 in the morning so the Mrs. wouldn't squawk about the noise. I am so PUMPED.

And, yeah, I'm as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs right about now. But, as the #1 seed, we just have to go through Denver, and I think the winner of Houston/Utah to get to the WCF! If we get that far, I'm cautiously optomistic about the Laker's chances.

If we get to the finals, I will have the actual key to victory in my posession. You see, since the championship in Magic's rookie year, the only times the Lakers have lost in the finals were those times when my mom jinxed it all by got getting, specifically, a GRAPE fruit roll-up per game of the finals. The other flavors were delicious, but everbody knows only the grape one's have the power. I told her every year, and she only let me down a few times. So hopefully, the Lakers will get to the finals and I will promtly fire up the beater and drive down to my local grocery store. I will be stocked up on grape fruit roll-ups (although they are a bit sweet for me these days) and let the sugar rot my chicklets if I have to! I'll take one for the team, gentlemen.

Well, I gotta go to the store and prepare for the first round...the unsavory and dry plain donut.

ONE SEED, BABY!!!
SCV42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:19 PM   #14
ShowtymeCA2NC
Serious playground baller

ShowtymeCA2NC has an OK reputation so far

nervous,no...anxious and excited..hell the *** yea dude,im ready to see how hungry these guys are after being bounced n the first round the last two seasons..especially Kobester..this isnt going to be an easy first round either...with that being said,i say LAkers in 6....Whaaaaaat tiiiiime is it....Game time..whoot!!!!!
ShowtymeCA2NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:30 PM   #15
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
GRAPE fruit roll-up per game of the finals.
hmm you may have to try trader joes, i think fruit rolls have been recalled, at least the brand sold at ralphs has been... my 3 year old has been going through withdrawls...lol
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: