Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-17-2008, 02:08 AM   #1
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default 1st round set, #1 LAL vs #8 DEN

This is probably the most favorable matchup for the Lakers in the first round. I just hope the Lakers come out with some fire and don't take a sigh of relief. The Nuggets are a dangerous team.

Defense will be the key in this series for sure. I can't wait for the second season to begin!

I really think the entire playoff bracket favors the Lakers too, as they will face the winner of the HOU/UTA series in the second round. That means they will only have to face one of DAL/NO/SA/PHX in the conference finals.

I actually worry about facing HOU though because Battier really shuts down Kobe.

Anyways, Lets take it one series at a time and concentrate on beating Denver, GO LAKERS!
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:39 AM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 1st round set, #1 LAL vs #8 DEN

Bring it on!

Finally a new team to face in the first round.

Some rivalry going on as we got Kobe and Iverson from the finals of 2000. We also have Kobe and the trial for when they go to denver. Should be interesting.

I give the lakers 4 or 5 games to end the series.

Keep in mind while the lakers try to play D, Denver doesn't have existent D.

Should be high scoring for the lakers.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:11 AM   #3
BTrujillo
& got a triple-double

BTrujillo has decent reputationBTrujillo has decent reputation

here it is....

L.A. Lakers vs. Denver

Sunday, April 20: Denver at L.A. Lakers, 3 p.m.
Wednesday, April 23: Denver at L.A. Lakers, 10:30 p.m.
Saturday, April 26: L.A. Lakers at Denver, 5:30 p.m.
Monday, April 28: L.A. Lakers at Denver, 10:30 p.m.
Wednesday, April 30: Denver at L.A. Lakers, TBA, if necessary
Friday, May 2: L.A. Lakers at Denver, TBA, if necessary
Sunday, May 4: Denver at L.A. Lakers, TBA, if necessary

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html
BTrujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:13 AM   #4
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTrujillo
here it is....

L.A. Lakers vs. Denver

thnx
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:26 AM   #5
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here

I'm so excited I can't wait for 4/20 to get here. I'm a little nervous but not worried. The Lakers are feeling it right now and that's the best way to start the second season.!!!

Let's Go LAKERS!!!!!
Laker4Lyfe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:33 AM   #6
LakerDynasty00
High school junior varsity star

LakerDynasty00 has decent reputationLakerDynasty00 has decent reputation

I'm very nervous in my heart! But in my basketball mind I don't think there's any conceivable way we can lose to the Nuggets in a 7-game series. We're 3-0 against them this season, they play no Defense, and we only have to manage to slow down one of their 2 big-time scorers to win.

I say the Lakers take it in no more than 6 games and that might be pushing it.

I will be extremely anxious until we get at least 2 Wins under our belts though. And I really really hope they both come at home in games 1 and 2!!!
LakerDynasty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:58 AM   #7
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here

Some Denver bloggers are worried...

http://www.firegeorgekarl.com/

Quote:
Now for the observations...

-Even though there were champagne buckets everywhere, I never saw one of the players really drinking. Odom - the host - nursed the same glass of champagne for about an hour or so, and waved people off offering him refills. I never saw Ronny Turiaf, Derek Fisher, Pau Gasol, DJ Mbenga, Vladimir Radmonovic, Sasha Vujacic, Luke Walton, Coby Karl or Jordan Farmar drink anything. Trevor Ariza was a frequent visitor to the bar and drank bottle after bottle after bottle...of water. In light of Carmelo Anthony's potentially pending DUI charge, this was incredible.

-None of the players walked in with an entourage of more than two or three friends. In most cases, they just showed up solo or with another teammate (Gasol with Radmonovic, Turiaf with Ariza). The guy with the biggest entourage was Coby Karl, and believe me - his three friends aren't capable of getting him into any trouble.

-All the Lakers players exhibited real affection for one another. I saw every possible combination of teammates hugging each other, shaking hands, high fiving, swapping stories, etc. Their camaraderie was authentic.

here's more from the story

Quote:
Again, it was just one party that I fortunately stumbled into. I'm in no position to say it represents the Lakers or NBA players in general. But from what I gathered and already knew about this year's Laker team, this is a collection of professional basketball players who take their job seriously, genuinely like each other and are primed for a long postseason run. You add the best player and the best coach in the league on top of that, and if you think our beloved Nuggets are beating these guys in a playoff series, you're absolutely nuts.
Laker4Lyfe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:09 AM   #8
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

LuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTrujillo
here it is....

L.A. Lakers vs. Denver

Two early tip offs!
LuppersGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:56 AM   #9
GMW
Local High School Star

GMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuppersGB
Two early tip offs!
sweet

That's at least 2 games I can catch, the other 2 depend on my uni schedule for the day after.
GMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:40 AM   #10
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

LuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMW
sweet

That's at least 2 games I can catch, the other 2 depend on my uni schedule for the day after.
Where abouts are you from?

Anyhoo i am well happy that Dallas won last night for several reasons
1) Denver in the 1st round = money
2) basically the only guy that i can talk nba with supports Denver and i want bragging rights

Last edited by LuppersGB : 04-17-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:13 AM   #11
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Let's enjoy this PO run. Our lakers has already passed many expection by winning the conference with the # 1 seed. No matter what happen throughtout the PO the future is looking GREAT for the lakers.

Lakers to the promise land
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:06 AM   #12
and1
High School Varsity 6th Man

and1 has decent reputationand1 has decent reputation

id rather play dallas
and1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:30 AM   #13
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Fedor - Laker has an OK reputation so far

I can't wait!!!....The anticipation is killing me...

BTW, any news on whether Bynum can play or not?
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:35 PM   #14
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

as far as i know there is no news. though i have a feeling we wont be seeing much of him. but i also hope that the medics and trainers have been lying to us and secretly bynum is back to full strength and running with the team.....lol in my dreams.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:43 PM   #15
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker4Lyfe
Some Denver bloggers are worried...

http://www.firegeorgekarl.com/

here's more from the story

Very nice post.. interesting to see the other side's perspective, even if its from a website that hates George Karl.. lol

Gald to hear the Lakers team unity off the court as well! It does make a difference when you actually like and get along with your team members.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: