Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 08-15-2006, 05:28 PM   #1
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far
Default Larry Brown is guilty.

how come he didnt respond to what isiah thomas and james dolan said about him. u know y he didnt respond is because it was true what they said. for a guy who holds press conferences out his f*ckin car u would think he would respond by now. larry brown is a clown. people keep getting mad at isiah and dolan get mad at f*ckin larry brown. he's makin all this money for a f*ckin 23 win season. he's the blame for last season. yea dolan and isiah should take some blame but not more then larry brown.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 06:00 PM   #2
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

oldknickfan has decent reputation

There is more to it than meets the eye.

On one hand:

LB has a great coaching record and has accomplished a lot including a NBA championship and raising the level of play of many players including Chauncey Billups.

LB's technique depends on several years of work.

On the other:

The Knicks have a very dysfunctional management.

LB seemed to be involved in a power play where he was trying to discredit Isiah and get his own players.

As a result LB hurt the Knicks last year. He bruised player's egos, bad mouthed them in the press, confused many with new rolls and 43 different starting lineups.

Bottom line: On a different team with excellent management, he would have been and excellent coach who would have made progress. On the Knicks, he was a $50-Million disaster!

But he was not the only one to blame. Also bame Charles Dollan, Isiah Thomas and many of the Knicks players

Last edited by oldknickfan : 08-15-2006 at 06:04 PM.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 06:14 PM   #3
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

that is what so crazy about it. larry brown is a great coach. the guy been coachin for like what 40 years. he should know the game more then anybody. y would u have 42 different startin lineups and play basically everybody in every game. makes no sense.

Last edited by brooklynchild155 : 08-15-2006 at 06:19 PM.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:12 PM   #4
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldknickfan

On one hand:

LB has a great coaching record and has accomplished a lot including a NBA championship and raising the level of play of many players including Chauncey Billups.

On the other:

LB seemed to be involved in a power play where he was trying to discredit Isiah and get his own players.

As a result LB hurt the Knicks last year. He bruised player's egos, bad mouthed them in the press, confused many with new rolls and 43 different starting lineups.

Bottom line: On a different team with excellent management, he would have been and excellent coach who would have made progress. On the Knicks, he was a $50-Million disaster!

But he was not the only one to blame. Also bame Charles Dollan, Isiah Thomas and many of the Knicks players

Thankyou somebody finally agrees with me on not blaming brown. thankyou oldknickfan. It was Isiahs fault too.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:35 PM   #5
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
Thankyou somebody finally agrees with me on not blaming brown. thankyou oldknickfan. It was Isiahs fault too.

it was mostly brown, if you would watch the knicks all 82 games you would know he gave up on us
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:07 PM   #6
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

HKSVIP has an OK reputation so far

I need to get NBA League Pass. I only get to see when the Knicks are nationally televised or when they play the Celtics because I'm from Rhode Island. I usually always look at teh CBS Sports Line Gameday or w/e it's called.
HKSVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:41 PM   #7
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

that sucks..msg is the s h i t !!
Old 08-16-2006, 03:04 AM   #8
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24

Wait a minute. I blame Brown BIG TIME!!!

LB tried to make the Knicks look even worse than they were to get the players he wanted and perhaps to become the new GM.

But he was not the only factor. The dysfunctional Knicks management (Dollan, Isia, etc.) did not set acquit boundaries for LB and the players quit trying to win. I tried to tell both sides of the story.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:10 PM   #9
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You have to blame Brown for this mess. He was paid Phil Jackson money to make the knicks winners and from day one he set out to make the players lives a living hell. From blasting them in the press and benching them after they do something good. And out of curiosity why wouldn't you play the rookies more since as some would believe this was a multi-year project? Because he wanted to make Zeke choices of players look bad in front of dolan. he wanted to be the GM. This was totally his fault!!! The players didn't have 43 different lineup. That's more than 1 every two games. How many players spent time on the "I'm not gonna play you list"? "here ride the pine". Who started blasting who in the media? All this started with LB. the players were at fault too because they quit. But can you really blame them? I will tell you this, since all the players including the rookies blamed LB for their season, they better win above 45 games next year. Otherwise we will know for sure what the WHOLE problem was.

By the way there aren't too many coaches who have coached in the NCAA and the NBA. Especially not as long as Brown. Over forty years if I played the same powerball number in forty years I should win something too. Don't give that dude that much credit.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 02:13 PM   #10
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

larry brown is a joke he rode the pistons to a title that team was built by dumars and perfected by carlisle.Larry brown is an overrated *******.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 02:48 PM   #11
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

Quote:

On one hand:

On the other:

i would have to agree with that
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 03:10 PM   #12
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

larry brown is the reason to blame
Old 08-20-2006, 03:29 PM   #13
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Very much so.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 03:53 PM   #14
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
larry brown is the reason to blame

Yes blame Brown.

But also blame most of the players - some came into the season out of shape, some did not try hard enough, some gave up, some rebelled, some complained to the press, some were selfish, most did not hustle, etc.

But also blame Isiah Thomas, Charles Dollan and the Knicks VP for a poorly constructed, over-the-cap team, with not enough defensive players and no roll players and for not supervising and/or controlling Brown.

But also blame the Knick fans for buying Knick tickets and subscribing to MSG rather than protesting.

Yes. There is a lot of blame to go around!

IMHO: If there is another bad season, fans should boycot the Knicks and MSG!

Last edited by oldknickfan : 08-20-2006 at 03:55 PM.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:15 PM   #15
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Quote:
Yes blame Brown.

But also blame most of the players - some came into the season out of shape, some did not try hard enough, some gave up, some rebelled, some complained to the press, some were selfish, most did not hustle, etc.

But also blame Isiah Thomas, Charles Dollan and the Knicks VP for a poorly constructed, over-the-cap team, with not enough defensive players and no roll players and for not supervising and/or controlling Brown.

But also blame the Knick fans for buying Knick tickets and subscribing to MSG rather than protesting.

Yes. There is a lot of blame to go around!

IMHO: If there is another bad season, fans should boycot the Knicks and MSG!

i would never do that to madison square garden, i will be a knick fan and buy tickets no matter what
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: