Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 04-18-2008, 12:01 PM   #1
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here
Default Playoff Discussion: Do Spurs have what it takes?

Not only are the Western Playoffs going to be tough this year, but the Spurs landed arguably one of the hardest team to play against in the first round. After beating the Suns in the Western Conference Semis and going on to win the NBA title for the 4th time in 8 years last season, the Spurs will once again match up with the tough and hungry Phoenix Suns. But this time in the first round.

The question is simple, do the Spurs have what it takes to get through possibly the toughest playoffs that they have seen since in franchise history?

This is possibly going to be the most exciting first round match up of this years' playoffs and voted most likely to go to a 7 game series by NBA.com members, grabbing a huge 55% of the vote.

The Phoenix Suns (55-27) are ready to finally make their playoff push after being kicked out of the playoffs by the Spurs two out of the past three years. Led by All-Star and 2 time MVP point guard, Steve Nash, and All-Star Forward/Center, Amare Stoudemire. Also playing with former All-Stars Grant Hill and Shaquille O'Neal, defending 6th man of the year Leandro Barbosa, Most Improved Player 2 years ago Boris Diaw, and 1st All-Defensive team guard Raja Bell. Headed by Coach Mike D'antoni, the Suns can smell a championship title under there noses and are ready to go through anyone to get it.

The San Antonio Spurs (56-26) have done nothing but win ever since drafting their team leader and All-Star Forward, Tim Duncan, in 1997. Leading the team along with reigning Finals MVP and 2006 and 2007 NBA All-Star point guard Tony Parker and leading candidate for this year's Sixth Man Award and 2005 All-Star guard Manu Ginobili. Also, for the Spurs, the former Phoenix Sun and former 2000 and 2001 All-Star guard Michael Finley, 1st All-Defensive team forward Bruce Bowen, Argentinian forward/center Fabricio Oberto, Point guards Jacque Vaughn and newly added Damon Stoudamire, newly added center Kurt Thomas and forward Ime Udoka. Headed by Coach Gregg Popovich, the Spurs are looking for their first back-to-back titles in franchise history and their 5th title in 9 years.

Do the Spurs have what it takes to get through the Suns or through the Western Conference this year? Discuss.

TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 03:50 PM   #2
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Playoff Discussion: Do Spurs have what it takes?

Nice post, thoughtful.

As I say for this series...

Suns have Shaq now to help shut down Timmy D.

Although the Suns lack Defense on Tony Parker(Steve nash ), we can hope for the best.

Im cheering for the Suns, but i wont be bashing you guys, im just hoping myself for an exciting series!
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:28 PM   #3
PCB Spurs Fan
I brick open layups

PCB Spurs Fan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
Nice post, thoughtful.

Although the Suns lack Defense on Tony Parker(Steve nash ), we can hope for the best.

Im cheering for the Suns, but i wont be bashing you guys, im just hoping myself for an exciting series!

Game 1 was pretty dang exciting, you think??? Great game by both squads! But sure am glad the Spurs prevailed!!!!!
PCB Spurs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:04 PM   #4
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

ScolaFan has decent reputationScolaFan has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
Nice post, thoughtful.

hmm yeah how'd that work out for you guys?

ScolaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:29 AM   #5
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScolaFan
hmm yeah how'd that work out for you guys?

game 1, what can i say? We had some tough moments

How about that Nash 3, ok you have to admit that fadeaway was nice!

I'll give you guys credit for the win, really pulled back after we gave up a lead

Barbosa also played quite well on both ends...

Duncan is a powerhouse, we cannot stop that so much, especially come playoff time
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: