Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-23-2008, 02:22 PM   #1
SCV42
Buck Foston

SCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this board
Default Odom described as Garnett Lite

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?eref=T1

SCV42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:28 PM   #2
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Odom described as Garnett Lite

haha, this time last year, if anyone compared KG to Odom, they would get roasted by everyone and called a troll. But serioulsy he is playing insane lately. I think he a different type of player than KG. He is not as good defensively and has a weaker jumpshot, but he brings ball handling, rebounding, post moves, etc. In the sense of versatilty, he is KG lite. No one else in the league can rebound like him and instantly push the ball up the floor like him. Im glad he is finally comming into this form bc I always thought if he canout it together, he can be a great player. He is setting the table for all of our players
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:32 PM   #3
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
haha, this time last year, if anyone compared KG to Odom, they would get roasted by everyone and called a troll. But serioulsy he is playing insane lately. I think he a different type of player than KG. He is not as good defensively and has a weaker jumpshot, but he brings ball handling, rebounding, post moves, etc. In the sense of versatilty, he is KG lite. No one else in the league can rebound like him and instantly push the ball up the floor like him. Im glad he is finally comming into this form bc I always thought if he canout it together, he can be a great player. He is setting the table for all of our players

jason kidd is the only one i can think about, but hes a PG, and lamar is like 6'10 lol.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:25 PM   #4
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I always thought Lamar Odom was inconsistent overrated trash and I was so angry that we got him for Shaq. My expectations were too high when we first got him and I really thought he was a bust when we first got him.

Fortunately, Odom has completely proved me wrong this season. Odom has been a complete beast this season and I respect him a lot. His defense has improved over the seasons and he has been pretty consistent this season. He is great as the 3rd option and I am really afraid thinking of what he is going to do as the 4th option. I don't know of any team that is deep enough to cover Odom starting as the 4th option next season. Damn, once Bynum is fully healthy and completely implemented into our offense, we will be fu<king unstoppable next season with Odom as the 4th option. I am really really scared for all the other teams, including Celtics.
bladefd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:12 PM   #5
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here

ya i read that, and thats exactly how i saw him since he came to the lakers..

a mini kg
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:36 PM   #6
Emile
National High School Star

Emile is a pretty well-respected posterEmile is a pretty well-respected posterEmile is a pretty well-respected poster

Odom is probably a Shaq/Duncan type who coasts through the regular season and doesn't think too much of it, in the process he frustrates the fans but then turns it up a notch in the end.

I'm still not sold on him. I love how he's been playing since the Lakers got Pau and what's different now for me is that I actually have grown to expect him to do it on a consistent basis. I no longer shake in fear when thinking of Odom before the game. Now I actually see him as a positive.

Whatever it is for him, I don't know. Maybe it's Pau who makes it so much easier. Maybe it's simply that he's all mental, needs confidence, needs this, needs that.. Maybe he's finally found his groove, for example, there's now a meaning to his game and a defined role, you don't see him doing things for the heck of it like shooting 3 pointers and so on.

Dunno what it is. Just hope he keeps it up.

I think the Lakers were on the brink of dumping him and doing it with passion but now, it would be stupid not to keep him although I wouldn't offer him a huge contract.
No matter how good he's been playing, it can't make up for his less that adequate production of the last 3 years and big picture and all, I'd be cautious about him. There's still one more season until his contract expires. he still hasn't sold himself completely, to me at least but as for just now, I love having him on the team.
Emile is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: