Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 04-24-2008, 06:29 PM   #1
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation
Default How long have the turnarounds been on your 360?

If you've had the red circle of death and sent your 360 to Microsoft, how long has it been from when you mailed it to when you get it back?

Just curious. This is the only thing that's kept me from buying one at this point. I went with the PS3 months back, but I consider picking up the 360 more and more each day as well.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:33 PM   #2
Sicknote
National High School Star

Sicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: How long have the turnarounds been on your 360?

I mailed it in on a Friday and got it back the Wednesday of the next week. This was in late 06, I got it on it's release date and it got RRoD a few weeks later. Big dissapointment, my dad thought I broke it and was about to beat my ass after we went around for two hours looking for one. But yeah, that's five days, three business.
Sicknote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:12 PM   #3
meanmonster
I brick open layups

meanmonster has an OK reputation so far

I had my 360 since it launched and never had a problem with mine. I did have a friend who sent one off and it took about a week. Same friends PS3 also burned up, lol... he had no luck!
meanmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:40 PM   #4
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Aw man… I got to find a way to kill my 360. I've had mine since launch (build date is 10-31-2005) and it still hasn't RROD yet I got til November for it to die so I can get my warranty coverage.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:56 PM   #5
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

I bought mine in October 2006. Got the Rings of Death on March 2007. At the time I had a Bestbuy warranty. So I send it in. I don't hear for a few weeks and apparently it got lost on the way there! They gave me no hassles about and send me a gift card for the full value of a new 360. My new one runs cooler and so far has given me no problems.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:48 PM   #6
notorious ai3
OTC semi-lurker

notorious ai3 has an OK reputation so far

i got mine through a contest so i got my system the weekend before launch, then it got the ring (ironically) on labor day of last year. luckily the system was covered and i'd say it was about a 2.5-3 week turnaround from when i sent it in.

sonic, if you want to try to kill your system, the only idea i have is to leave it on for long periods of time. don't leave a game in there, cuz it might ruin the game, but it might help you kill your system.
notorious ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:06 AM   #7
kingsfan
Serious playground baller

kingsfan has no real reputation yet.

12 days, man I got my 360 for cheap, got a RROD premium off ebay, and got microsoft to repair it... cost me like 150$...
kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:21 AM   #8
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
If you've had the red circle of death and sent your 360 to Microsoft, how long has it been from when you mailed it to when you get it back?

Just curious. This is the only thing that's kept me from buying one at this point. I went with the PS3 months back, but I consider picking up the 360 more and more each day as well.
it took exactly 2 weeks
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: