Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 04-25-2008, 10:41 AM   #1
brink666
Can barely lace up my sneakers

brink666 has an OK reputation so far
Default Big man for the draft!

If the Bulls have a chance, I think they should draft Jordan or McGee. Both 7 footers, with a lot of potential. Jordan is being compared to Dwight Howard. Howard did not set the world on fire, the first couple of yrs. McGee is being compared to Bynum, but the skill set is out of the world great, if he can transfer that. I think Love will be around, when they draft. What do you think?

Brink
brink666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:52 AM   #2
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation
Default Re: Big man for the draft!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brink666
If the Bulls have a chance, I think they should draft Jordan or McGee. Both 7 footers, with a lot of potential. Jordan is being compared to Dwight Howard. Howard did not set the world on fire, the first couple of yrs. McGee is being compared to Bynum, but the skill set is out of the world great, if he can transfer that. I think Love will be around, when they draft. What do you think?

Brink
i dont know where you got your compaisons from, but McGee is being compared to Frye (best case) http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/JaVale-McGee-1197/ and Jordan is being compared to Bynum (best case) http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...e-Jordan-1072/

I think the Bulls are stacked with big men, Thomas, Noah, Gray and Gooden. They should draft a PG and trade Hinrich
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:50 AM   #3
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

ILLEFEX has an OK reputation so far

maybe brook lopez.....
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:56 AM   #4
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLEFEX
maybe brook lopez.....
hes going top 5...i doubt you guys will have a top 5 pick
Old 04-25-2008, 02:01 PM   #5
brink666

NBA Draft.net is where I got the comparisions from. Who knows, they could be lesser or greater than Howard. They have the body to grow into.

The Bulls, given the draft order, will be far away from a point guard. Rose and Bayless are gonna go quick. Bulls have (on their record) the ninth pick.

Brink
Old 04-25-2008, 02:33 PM   #6
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

ILLEFEX has an OK reputation so far

lets say they get the 9th pick........now, we can write down the "maybe" top 9 players on this draft.....

1. beastley- 1 or 2
2. d. rose- 1 or 2

3. eric gordon
4. oj mayo
5. kevin love
6. brook lopez

- dj augustin
- c. douglas-roberts

forgot the others..........
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:52 PM   #7
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Big man for the draft!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
I think the Bulls are stacked with big men, Thomas, Noah, Gray and Gooden. They should draft a PG and trade Hinrich

I don't know about trading Hinrich, but we definitely should draft a PG. If we trade anyone, it should be Hughes. I don't mind letting Gordon go, which would leave us with Hinrich, Sefolosha, the draft pick, and maybe resign Shannon Brown. We will also have JamesOn Curry coming back next year, hopefully healthy, but Sefolosha is best suited to play PG of all the guys currently on the team. Kirk can move to the 2 if we get rid of Gordon.

The only big man, other than Beasley, that I would consider drafting would be Brook Lopez. He is more NBA ready than Jordan, Randolph, or anybody else that you can throw out there, and also has a good amount of upside as well. We don't need another developmental big guy, especially when none of the ones in the past have worked out.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 03:17 PM   #8
brink666

Hughes has got a big contract. I don't think Hughes is going anywhere.

I think Lopez will be gone when the Bulls draft. I think Thomas, Noah and Gray have shown potential -they're 21, 22 yrs old. Ed Curry and Stone Hands Chandler were Jerry's babies (the old GM.) I don't think the Bulls have any trouble with big men, provided they are basketball players.

Westbrook, Augustin, etc are too short for the NBA game. See Gordan. Maybe Eric Maynor of Virg Comm, 6' 3" in the second rd.

Last edited by brink666 : 04-25-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:43 PM   #9
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Westbrook and Augustin are 2 PGs that you guys can pick up around the 10th pick...Pacers are looking at them 2 also
Old 04-25-2008, 05:27 PM   #10
brink666

Did you see the beating that Rose put on Augustin, the texas point, in the NCAA tourn? Maybe they'll be there in the second rd, but I would not take 'em even then.

I like Tyler Smith, out of Tenn. I like his game, good passer, scorer, defence, etc. But the ninth pick is a reach.

brink

Last edited by brink666 : 04-25-2008 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:07 AM   #11
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

A few of the mocks have Bulls taking Kevin Love. I honestly like the pick. Kevin Love has all the skills to be a nice player right away. Having Noah as the center and Love as the power forward would be a killer duo in the next 5-10 years. I think they should trade Ben Gordon and try to get another late first round pick. Take Brandon Rush with that pick or if he falls Chris Douglas Roberts. Love will add inside scoring and great passing (Brad Miller ish). Rush or CDR are both good offensive and defensive players. And that makes the guard position bigger.

Hinrich/Duhon
Hughes/Thabo/Rush or CDR
Deng/Nocioni/Rush or CDR
Gooden/Love/Tyrus
Noah/Gray

Having Thabo and Rush or CDR would give them 2 players who can play 2 different positions, and throw Kirk in there who can slide over to the shooting guard. Lots of different lineups.

Maybe try to package Tyrus, Deng, Nocioni, Hughes or Duhon together to get a big time player. I think using Deng and Tyrus as may bait and Hughes as the salary filler would work well. A guy like JO?

Hinrich/Duhon
Thabo/Rush or CDR
Nocioni/Rush or CDR
JO/Gooden/Love
Noah/Gray

JO, Gooden, Noah, and Love would be the major bigs. Real solid all around. Has offense in JO and Gooden - possibly Love. Has defense in JO, Noah, and Gooden is solid while Love could be as well.

Kirk, Thabo and Nocioni all can hit open shots which JO would bring to the team. Still have a solid bench - maybe look for a better backup poing guard (vet?)
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:19 PM   #12
brink666

I like Love, but don't think his game will translate into the NBA that well. I like his outlet passes, but they are gonna be few due to quicker defences in the pros. The bad things about him are supposedly slow legs.

JO has had injury problems since he came into the league. The Pacers played better w him out, this yr. He's got a 21 mil/ per yr for 3 yrs? I think that's right. I'm not sure what's to recommend him.

Duhon is a free agent now

Last edited by brink666 : 04-26-2008 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:11 PM   #13
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far

I dont think we need another big man, but if we did it wouldnt be too bad of a thing. Theres alot of good bigs in this years draft. It would help especially if Pax ends up dealing Thomas, Noah, or Gooden. As much as we need a point gaurd, I get the feeling were not going to draft one. Remember, Paxson doesnt draft based on need, he shoots for the best available talent. thats a good thing by the way.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 05:27 PM   #14
brink666

Gooden has a contract that calls for one more yr @ 7 million. That is most valuable, due to the arcane laws of the NBA. Gooden is a decent player, and if he could be signed for an appropriate amount- good. Otherwise, he's prime bait for trading.

This draft is loaded w big men- Lopez twins, Georgetown center Hibbert, Jordan, McGee, Koufos, Love, Arthur, etc. If Paxson thinks any one of these would make a suitable NBA player in 2-3 yrs, go for it. Size counts.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:18 PM   #15
mjbulls23
6 World Championships

mjbulls23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
hes going top 5...i doubt you guys will have a top 5 pick

you never know :)
mjbulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: