Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 04-26-2008, 01:26 AM   #1
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Default What about Amare?

Do you think there's a chance that Phoenix would look into offers for him if they lose in the first round? I don't think anyone is going to take Shaq so they can't trade him and I doubt they'll get a great deal for Steve Nash so Amare is the only one that teams would be willing to offer a lot for.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:46 AM   #2
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

Default Re: What about Amare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Do you think there's a chance that Phoenix would look into offers for him if they lose in the first round? I don't think anyone is going to take Shaq so they can't trade him and I doubt they'll get a great deal for Steve Nash so Amare is the only one that teams would be willing to offer a lot for.

YES!

I think he will be shopped this off-season.....the Suns are on the decline and I dont think they keep the same roster next year.....expect changes.....
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:34 PM   #3
brink666
Can barely lace up my sneakers

The Suns have one player, who's coming into his own star quality play, and you expect them (Kerr) to deal him? What have you been smoking? Do you have any more?
brink666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:01 PM   #4
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Its a possibility. I dont understand why they would even consider trading Amare. He's there most well rounded player. Lets see, they already traded away Marian and Kurt Thomas so they have no defense to speak of. They replaced them with a Washed up Shaq and Grant Hill who also have no defense. So who knows, maybe they'll deal him for Eddy Curry or somebody lol. I hope there learning something from this a$$ wipin the Spurs are dishing out. If it aint broke dont fix it.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:46 AM   #5
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

I only bring up Amare because if they were to make a big move this offseason it would have to be him if they want a great deal in return. I don't think any team would be willing to take Shaq's contract or Steve Nash's. For Amare the Bulls can offer so much and would make the Suns a really good team while it puts the Bulls right up there in the east.

Again like the other trade I mentioned I know this has little to no chance of happening. It's just a "what if?" question.

PG: Steve Nash/Kirk Hinrich
SG: Raja Bell/Larry Hughes
SF: Andres Nocioni/Grant Hill
PF: Drew Gooden/Tyrus Thomas
C: Shaq/draft pick

Bulls:

PG: ?
SG: Sefolosha
SF: Luol Deng
PF: Amare Stoudemire
C: Noah

The Suns get a good backup PG in Hinrich, a solid PF in Gooden a player who could still turn out to be really good in Tyrus Thomas a first round draft pick where they can pick a C to back Shaq and they'll have Larry Hughes who will be an expiring contract in a couple of seasons.

The Bulls could start Sefolosha at SG, sign Luol Deng and keep him at SF, Amare at PF and Noah at C. They'd need to get a decent bench and sign a solid PG but I like this for the Bulls a lot.

Last edited by ConanRulesNBC : 04-27-2008 at 12:51 AM.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:47 PM   #6
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardBullsFan
YES!

I think he will be shopped this off-season.....the Suns are on the decline and I dont think they keep the same roster next year.....expect changes.....

I think they should just build around Staudimire and Nash.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:57 PM   #7
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

not a chance, NOWAY!

you think kerr is gonna shop amare? possibly there greatest scoring 4 in the game today? why would they do that? what would we offer that the suns need?

SORRY NOT HAPPENING
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:51 AM   #8
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: What about Amare?

Amare would be great for the Bulls, but I really can't see us giving the Suns any package of players and picks that would be worth giving him up. Kirk/Hughes/Gooden/TT/1st rounder? That's half our team! Not to mention that it amounts to about $30 million in cap space for a team that already has Shaq and Nash on the books and hates to be anywhere close to the luxury tax threshold. We would have to give up Deng, TT, and at least two 1st rounders, probably more. That's what I would ask for if I were Kerr.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:59 PM   #9
mjbulls23
6 World Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
Amare would be great for the Bulls, but I really can't see us giving the Suns any package of players and picks that would be worth giving him up. Kirk/Hughes/Gooden/TT/1st rounder? That's half our team! Not to mention that it amounts to about $30 million in cap space for a team that already has Shaq and Nash on the books and hates to be anywhere close to the luxury tax threshold. We would have to give up Deng, TT, and at least two 1st rounders, probably more. That's what I would ask for if I were Kerr.

ya if PHX wouldn't trade him for KG last summer, then I doubt that we have any kind of attractive offer that they would accept without dismantling nearly half of our team
mjbulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:13 PM   #10
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

I dont think hes going anywhere. Hes probably one of the only untouchable players in PHX. Shaq has about 3 years left on his contract (and career), and this will clear up over $21 Million per year for PHX. Imagine pairing up Amare with another big named C (with the free cap space).
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: