Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 04-28-2008, 05:02 PM   #1
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Big Board of Top 115 NBA Draft Prospects, by Position, w/Analysis

Great article, with listings of draft prospects and a brief analysis by position from draftexpress. link to the article

It seems the 2008 draft's strength will be in PGs and then in SFs, while a lot of prospects with the potential label in C's and PF's. Pretty interesting the mention it makes on the lack of great SGs -not combo guards- in recent years, including this next draft.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:59 PM   #2
TB3
Can barely lace up my sneakers

TB3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Big Board of Top 115 NBA Draft Prospects, by Position, w/Analysis

After Mayo and Gordon, and maybe CDR, the shooting guard position looks like a bunch of borderline 1st round-2nd round picks.
TB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:01 AM   #3
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB3
After Mayo and Gordon, and maybe CDR, the shooting guard position looks like a bunch of borderline 1st round-2nd round picks.

what about courtney lee? buddinger? bill walker?

i am starting to wonder if im crazy or if some of you do your talent evaluations by watching sportscenter & reading mock draft lists- courtney lee is way closer to oj than alot of people must think- only difference may be that lee has an inch or two on oj- dont get me wrong, im a huge oj fan and watched nearly every telivised sc gam- i believe mayo is a stud and a legit top 10 pick- but no lock to be top 5

lee will be a starting 2 gaurd in the nba- will gordon be a starter? sixth man?- i feel gordon will be a good nba scorer, but in no way is he a lock to be the star some of you sportcenter anylists see him as
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:45 AM   #4
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Can't say I really disagree with many of the rankings. Only things that stood out to me are:

- Robin Lopez being ranked ahead of Jason Thompson.
- DeAndre Jordan and JaVale McGee being ahead of Roy Hibbert
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:45 AM   #5
Hanator

Hanator has an OK reputation so far

This draft will be intresting, ı want to everybody to pay attension

Ímer Faruk Aşık

6.11 Turkey Centre

Ímer is intresting player, he is as long as a good centre but very agile player to other centres in nba. Lets we can say like a Biendris in GoldenState. He is fast, he likes blocking. And he was the EuroLeague BlockLeader this season and at the Top16 in Eurolague he made 19blocks in 6matches avarage 3.2 and it was a Euroleague AllTime Record. And he is only 21years old. Other Averages can see at http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...r?pcode=000709 and can u look at the Domestic league avarages at http://www.tbl.org.tr/beko/oyuncu.asp . But on the tbl he got only half of the season avarages coz he changed team between the season.

I told some statictis but i several times watch him live. First time in İzmir u19 Basketball Championship. At the that championship he isn't the first player in rotation and he is even 3th prefernence. At that team other Draft entery Semih Erden was playing and first choise at that team. But he playerd nice several matches and Turkey again lost at Final we lost final 3 finals with same team against to Spain. bu this time we lost against to Serbia . After the championship 1season Ímer did nothing and like a free season but after the free season he made sth for the basketball and many player focus on him . But actually ı want to say sth about this season for Ímer. First half he is at the Alpella. And alpella is a underavarages team in Turkey. And many people says " alpella will be elimanted from first league". But after the matches alpella went up and try to enter the playoffs . At that time many people focus on Ímer Aşık. Because he made scores at charge, blocked who enter paint area. He grapped offensive ribos and dunked them all with power. U could say Alpellas all load was on the Ímers Shoulder. But after the half break of the season. Fenerbahce Ulker transfered Ímer. It was tough for Ímer because Ulker is a EuroLeague team and champion nominee at the Domestic league. But he lost some times at playing but he countinued that amazing season . became a RecordHolder at the EuroLeague. And now he is playing with Fenerbahce Ulker in DomesticLeague Playoffs. And he is making well.

And my thinks

i think he is the most poteansial player in Turkey as a Real Centre. Not like a memos state. He can deal with all players in Nba in deffance in few years, actually other season. He need to be more stronger. On the offens he need a lot of pratice. New skills and New moves. Because of that weakiness he need one more season in Europe. After that he can be player at the nba, and ı advise everybody to attension to Ímer Faruk Aşık.

he got many videos at the youtube u can check them.
Hanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:13 PM   #6
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanator
This draft will be intresting, ı want to everybody to pay attension

Ímer Faruk Aşık

6.11 Turkey Centre

Ímer is intresting player, he is as long as a good centre but very agile player to other centres in nba. Lets we can say like a Biendris in GoldenState. He is fast, he likes blocking. And he was the EuroLeague BlockLeader this season and at the Top16 in Eurolague he made 19blocks in 6matches avarage 3.2 and it was a Euroleague AllTime Record. And he is only 21years old. Other Averages can see at http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...r?pcode=000709 and can u look at the Domestic league avarages at http://www.tbl.org.tr/beko/oyuncu.asp . But on the tbl he got only half of the season avarages coz he changed team between the season.

I told some statictis but i several times watch him live. First time in İzmir u19 Basketball Championship. At the that championship he isn't the first player in rotation and he is even 3th prefernence. At that team other Draft entery Semih Erden was playing and first choise at that team. But he playerd nice several matches and Turkey again lost at Final we lost final 3 finals with same team against to Spain. bu this time we lost against to Serbia . After the championship 1season Ímer did nothing and like a free season but after the free season he made sth for the basketball and many player focus on him . But actually ı want to say sth about this season for Ímer. First half he is at the Alpella. And alpella is a underavarages team in Turkey. And many people says " alpella will be elimanted from first league". But after the matches alpella went up and try to enter the playoffs . At that time many people focus on Ímer Aşık. Because he made scores at charge, blocked who enter paint area. He grapped offensive ribos and dunked them all with power. U could say Alpellas all load was on the Ímers Shoulder. But after the half break of the season. Fenerbahce Ulker transfered Ímer. It was tough for Ímer because Ulker is a EuroLeague team and champion nominee at the Domestic league. But he lost some times at playing but he countinued that amazing season . became a RecordHolder at the EuroLeague. And now he is playing with Fenerbahce Ulker in DomesticLeague Playoffs. And he is making well.

And my thinks

i think he is the most poteansial player in Turkey as a Real Centre. Not like a memos state. He can deal with all players in Nba in deffance in few years, actually other season. He need to be more stronger. On the offens he need a lot of pratice. New skills and New moves. Because of that weakiness he need one more season in Europe. After that he can be player at the nba, and ı advise everybody to attension to Ímer Faruk Aşık.

Pekovic destroyed all centers in Izmir that year, he totally dominated...
jamal99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:30 PM   #7
tsforthrees
red vines cray

tsforthrees has decent reputation

deandre jordan is no where near nba ready, and doesn't have this "sky is the limit" potential that people associate him with. just cuz he looks like dwight howard doesn't mean he's going to be anything close to him. this kid couldn't even carry diop's bags.

eric gordon i wouldn't touch in the first twenty picks, i can't find a single skill he has that translates well to the nba.

if i had the first pick in the draft, it would be beasley unless i really needed a point guard.

the best player that will come out of this draft is jerryd bayless. thats just my opinion, but that kid is going to be special.

because players have to go one year in school, and a lot of people end up staying longer, the draft classes are going to be much more balanced i think. you'll see a lot more starters emerge from the second round than in the past.
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:05 PM   #8
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanator
This draft will be intresting, i want to everybody to pay attension

Ímer Faruk Asik

6.11 Turkey Centre

I told some statictis but i several times watch him live. First time in Izmir u19 Basketball Championship. At the that championship he isn't the first player in rotation and he is even 3th prefernence. At that team other Draft entery Semih Erden was playing and first choise at that team. But he playerd nice several matches and Turkey again lost at Final we lost final 3 finals with same team against to Spain. bu this time we lost against to Serbia . After the championship 1season Ímer did nothing and like a free season but after the free season he made sth for the basketball and many player focus on him . But actually i want to say sth about this season for Ímer. First half he is at the Alpella. And alpella is a underavarages team in Turkey. And many people says " alpella will be elimanted from first league". But after the matches alpella went up and try to enter the playoffs . At that time many people focus on Ímer Asik. Because he made scores at charge, blocked who enter paint area. He grapped offensive ribos and dunked them all with power. U could say Alpellas all load was on the Ímers Shoulder. But after the half break of the season. Fenerbahce Ulker transfered Ímer. It was tough for Ímer because Ulker is a EuroLeague team and champion nominee at the Domestic league. But he lost some times at playing but he countinued that amazing season . became a RecordHolder at the EuroLeague. And now he is playing with Fenerbahce Ulker in DomesticLeague Playoffs. And he is making well.

And my thinks

i think he is the most poteansial player in Turkey as a Real Centre. Not like a memos state. He can deal with all players in Nba in deffance in few years, actually other season. He need to be more stronger. On the offens he need a lot of pratice. New skills and New moves. Because of that weakiness he need one more season in Europe. After that he can be player at the nba, and i advise everybody to attension to Ímer Faruk Asik.

that was one of my favorite posts ever on this site- im cheering for you boy and wish i could figure out how to put those letters in so i can type his name

the only question i have is if he is in this years draft or next

he could be a valuable as a 2nd rd pick to teams like portland and seattle who have 3 or 4 2nds and would love a player willing to continue playing another year in europa

i hope he becomes a denver nugget whenever you think hes ready-
i would trade allen iverson for the pick for westbrook and the pick for Omer

great post hanator keep posting about omer& some of these other guys if you know anything we should- any thinks on goran dragic or briesbois?
Old 05-15-2008, 08:20 PM   #9
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsforthrees
deandre jordan is no where near nba ready, and doesn't have this "sky is the limit" potential that people associate him with. just cuz he looks like dwight howard doesn't mean he's going to be anything close to him. this kid couldn't even carry diop's bags.

eric gordon i wouldn't touch in the first twenty picks, i can't find a single skill he has that translates well to the nba.

if i had the first pick in the draft, it would be beasley unless i really needed a point guard.

the best player that will come out of this draft is jerryd bayless. thats just my opinion, but that kid is going to be special.

because players have to go one year in school, and a lot of people end up staying longer, the draft classes are going to be much more balanced i think. you'll see a lot more starters emerge from the second round than in the past.

couldnt agree more on jordon

i thought i was maybe a hater(or more really hoping for a good fit) in gordon thinking 12ish to sac- i dont think you are way off but you are underestimating that he will be a scorer in the nba- i would bet it all on gordon making an immideate impact for any team- a whole lot of these guys have much less chance to impact teams so its hard to push him to far, but if he makes it the 20 im really happy for the nuggets

wow- are you saying you have it 1&2 bayless& beasely and rose at three ...

do you like brook lopez or oj mayo

who are some guys that you see as the locks to be in the top 10-15 to keep gordon to "slide"
Old 05-15-2008, 09:29 PM   #10
tsforthrees
red vines cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
couldnt agree more on jordon

i thought i was maybe a hater(or more really hoping for a good fit) in gordon thinking 12ish to sac- i dont think you are way off but you are underestimating that he will be a scorer in the nba- i would bet it all on gordon making an immideate impact for any team- a whole lot of these guys have much less chance to impact teams so its hard to push him to far, but if he makes it the 20 im really happy for the nuggets

wow- are you saying you have it 1&2 bayless& beasely and rose at three ...

do you like brook lopez or oj mayo

who are some guys that you see as the locks to be in the top 10-15 to keep gordon to "slide"

i realize 1 and 2 will be a combo of beasley/rose, i'm just saying if i was a gm, i would probably take bayless before any of them, i'm that high on him. i'm probably one of the few people in that category. gordon i am just not sold on, just seems to short and unathletic to be a good 2 guard. i think brook lopez is a future starter, but only in the right situations. i think he is no more than a role player as a big man. if he's asked to take on a large role, he will fail imo. i really like mayo, but i don't think people have the right idea of him. he's not going to challenge for the reigns to the league like kobe or lebron, nor will he ever. i think in his prime he'll average 20 plus points tho, with 5 assists and a few boards a game.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:50 PM   #11
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

If you took Jerryd Bayless with the first or second pick you'd be out of a job the very next day.

I'm not especially high on Derrick Rose but there is really no reason at all to pick Bayless over him.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 04:18 AM   #12
tsforthrees
red vines cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
If you took Jerryd Bayless with the first or second pick you'd be out of a job the very next day.

I'm not especially high on Derrick Rose but there is really no reason at all to pick Bayless over him.

well considering i am high on bayless and not as high on rose, i would pick him first. so that's my reason. and i'm pretty sure i'd get a season to prove i'm right about it too, not one night.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:40 AM   #13
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
what about courtney lee? buddinger? bill walker?

i am starting to wonder if im crazy or if some of you do your talent evaluations by watching sportscenter & reading mock draft lists- courtney lee is way closer to oj than alot of people must think- only difference may be that lee has an inch or two on oj- dont get me wrong, im a huge oj fan and watched nearly every telivised sc gam- i believe mayo is a stud and a legit top 10 pick- but no lock to be top 5

lee will be a starting 2 gaurd in the nba- will gordon be a starter? sixth man?- i feel gordon will be a good nba scorer, but in no way is he a lock to be the star some of you sportcenter anylists see him as

I agree for the most part on Courtney Lee - I'm not sure what would make teams pass him up in the first round, besides being a senior in a draft full of freshmen and maybe not having the all-out explosiveness of a guy like Mayo. Judging by his lack of hype, he could end up being a steal somewhere in the 20's. He'd be a nice piece for the Sonics with their other 1st round pick, or a good young add for the Spurs a couple picks later.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:58 AM   #14
Hanator

Hanator has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
Pekovic destroyed all centers in Izmir that year, he totally dominated...

ı think check, u should look at now, ı know pekovic dominated in İzmir but know this year look at the Ímer's play agaist to pekovic and other centers in Partizan.

http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...r?pcode=000709

13p, 9ribo(4def), 2b, 25rating point in 24min ...

And CaptainOwlClub ı can write sth on Dragic too, he is very talented player too, and 1-2 times ı watched him live.
Hanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:21 PM   #15
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

I still don't understand this OJ vs Lee thing. Lee may be just as good, but he has 3 more years of college basketball experience. 127 games played against 33 games played. It is like pointing out that Nick Fazekas was just as good as Greg Oden the year before. Give OJ 3 more years and he is probably getting 30ppg. All of his weakness are probably not nearly as great as they are now. He would be a much more complete player.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: