Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Old 05-05-2008, 02:06 PM   #1
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board
Default Round 2, Spurs at Hornets Game 2, Monday, 9:30 ET

Starting 5

Chandler - Duncan
West - Oberto/thomas
Stojakovic - Bowen
Peterson - Finley
Paul - Parker

Discuss....

I hope to see a 2 -0 go hornets....
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:17 PM   #2
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Round 2, Spurs at Hornets Game 2, Monday, 9:30 ET

David West was on the radio and said he's well aware that Duncan will be coming to destroy them, and definitely play better, so that's the #1 thing they need to step up, their defense fo Duncan, even though he didn't do much in Game 1.

I think this will be a good game. Strange where the Spurs are in a situation where if they lose, they will be in a bit of trouble. That's rare.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:19 PM   #3
gpfanz
National High School Star

gpfanz has an OK reputation so far

Prepare for another rain of alley oops Duncan CP3 is coming to Chandler/ West
gpfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:40 PM   #4
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

hahahahahahaha well cp3 will make a name for himself thru this game yet again...
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:56 PM   #5
yeesterbunny
chicken nugget addict!

yeesterbunny has an OK reputation so far

i don't care who wins. I just hope it's not a blow out again
yeesterbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:56 PM   #6
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

don't expect another 5/3 night from duncan.

also, the spurs didn't practice yesterday. meaning pop didn't see the need to make any huge adjustments.

it'll be interesting to see if we keep the same strategy though of throwing any and everybody at david west. i don't think pop's ready to relegate to doubling him.

will we see duncan on west some? does pop even care if west goes off for 30+?

one safe bet is that peja is not allowed to go for 20+ in this one.

excited about this game though. it's gonna be a good one.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:06 PM   #7
Vilmatic
I airball my layups

Vilmatic has an OK reputation so far

Its funny how all these naysayers and so called experts have picked the spurs and they thought the mavs would beat the Hornets.LoL i laugh at them...

CP3 is the real MVP the hornets will win this series in 6 games. cp3 will show you next round when the play the lakers who the real MVP is.

hornets vs. cavs.

thats your NBA finals... it should be an exciting finals watching 2 of the games youngest and best players in this league.

go hornets
Vilmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:34 PM   #8
Travis_Bickle
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Travis_Bickle has an OK reputation so far

I really wish I could watch this game. Unfortunately I have work early in the morning and I will have to miss the second half. I'm rooting for the Hornets though! Hope it goes 2-0.

Hopefully the Hornets win the series. If the Spurs end up being in the finals I won't be interested in it, just like last season.

Last edited by Travis_Bickle : 05-05-2008 at 07:36 PM.
Travis_Bickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:41 PM   #9
Hoggle
I airball my layups

Hoggle has an OK reputation so far

Duncan is gonna have to do some major stepping up, not to mention they need to make up another 17 points because Bowen isn't going to be a top scorer for the spurs again. I'd say look for Finley and Ginobili to pick up a little bit more of scoring.

Hopefully it'll be a close game, and hopefully people don't miss dunks like they did last game
Hoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:52 PM   #10
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

30/17/5/5 from duncan tonight

tp and manu with 20+ each

110-87 spurs
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:00 PM   #11
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm curious what the Spurs do. I get the feeling they think they don't need to adjust anything. I don't think that's the case. NO was kind of out of sorts in the first half last game but they still stayed close. Duncan sucked, but SA got a lot more than usual from the other suspects.

SA is going to have trouble if Parker doesn's dump the ball to Duncan. If he hold onto it to try to get his own offense, then Duncan will have to deal with too much congestion and quick double teams. Parker needs to sacrifice the drive and drop it inside to Duncan. Duncan needs to control this game, make NO big men work and not allow them to float on defense.

I must be nuts but I think NO wins this one going away. I think SA is going to try to control West and Paul by clogging the middle, and I think NO bombs away.

I say 102-92 NO with the score being closer because of a late SA run.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:31 PM   #12
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

I think SA is going down for the second time. I'm not writing them off, because they'll probably make at least it a 6-game series, but this is NO's time.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:53 PM   #13
DMizzle
Great young streetballer

DMizzle is considered somewhat coolDMizzle is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
30/17/5/5 from duncan tonight

tp and manu with 20+ each

110-87 spurs

Hell no
DMizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:56 PM   #14
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

that was a clean strip by chandler, stupid ass refs. now he's gotta sit.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:57 PM   #15
joe
College star

joe is considered somewhat cooljoe is considered somewhat cooljoe is considered somewhat cool

Two predictably quick calls against Chandler. Every time someone on the Spurs gets shut down in a game, the person who defends them is suddenly in foul trouble for the next game.
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: