Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2008, 12:28 AM   #1
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 575
CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default russel westbrook

i may have made the mistake of watching every pac-10 game that was televised instead of reading mock draft sites and looking at stats- but

i have westbrook as the #2 point gaurd(and 3rd overall) in the draft and imo anyone thinking that either oj or bayless translates to the nba a whole lot better than westbrook has either not watched them play each other or possibly not seen much of any

i would not argue with you for ranking either bayless or oj above westbrook- im just saying that they are cleary at worst all in the same league as each other- i believe in both oj and bayless as legit top 5-8 picks so dont take this as an attack on either-

lets get some things straight(not that it matters a whole lot)- westbrook is AT LEAST 6-4 and possibly 6-5- listing him as 6-2 or 6-3 kind of tips it off that you have done your research by reading some bogus info instead of actually looking- and most importantly, westbrook WILL be an nba point gaurd- the reason that he was a "combo gaurd" at ucla had a little bit to do with a guy named darren collison who happened to be a starting point gaurd on 2 and now 3 final 4 teams-

i will be the first to admit that westbrook has some work to do offensively to make the full time adjustment to point gaurd, but he has all the physical tools to do so

nobody covers the point gaurd as well as westbrook- even against derrick rose who was running at the hoop like nobody was even covering him while being checked by collison, when westbrook was shifted over to him he didnt even try to get past him- in the same game i was suprised to see that westbrook did have trouble with cdr and his size- imo this proves that that while westbrook "can" cover 2 gaurd that his natural defensive position is clearly pg

offensivly the only player in this draft more explosive in getting to the basket is probobly rose- westbrooks other deficiancy may be the lack of a consistant outside shot- westbrook led the pac in assists for most of the year, though once collison returned from injury the assist lead slowly faded away- imo westbrook shows evey sign of being a playmaker with the dribble and the pass- his ball handling is constantly improving and will continue

when comparing the 3 of bayless oj and westbrook, i would say westbrook is clearly the best defensive player, the best size and quickness of the 3 and imo the one with the most star potential- bayless is the best shooter and it could be argued that oj is the best scorer but imo westbrook has most best combination of skills to translate to a franchise point gaurd- if you add in the attitude, team play,& character westbrook shows all time you get the perfect addition to any team

i understand that he will not drop to #20 for the nugs, but that wont stop me from dreaming that the nuggets will trade up to grab him- westbrook could fill the role of the iverson defensive body gaurd or (hopefully) be the perfect long term back court partner of jr smith

westbrook was chosen as the pac- 10 defensive player of the year for a reason and if you watched the difference between mayo and bayless the rest of the season compared to against westbrook you would have seen some of those reasons- while these two ran wild against most of the league it was not that way when westrook was on them

i have been on westbrook for a long time and have seen his "stock" rise along way- i just wanted to warn you that in 5 years his stock will still be rising while many other players will have leveled off- in 10 years you will look back on this draft and wonder why he wasnt a lock top 3 pick

not huge into comparisons, but westbrook is the best defensive point gaurd to come along since gary payton and he has all the ability to be at least his eqaul all around imo(exept he never says a word as opposed to the glove who...)- covering paul, parker,& williams may be important over the next while to a western conference team

i have been known to be off the experts though as i thought(and still do)that rating mike conley over rodney stuckey was the most illogical part of last years draft- sorry for getting so long i just wanted to be sure you understood that i dont "kind of" like him as a prospect
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:50 AM   #2
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star
 
InspiredLebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Birthplace of basketball
Posts: 26,270
InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: russel westbrook

What do you think about the Pacers being able to get him at #11 (based on record). I'd absolutely love the pick, but I doubt he's still on the board at that point.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:36 AM   #3
monthh
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 971
monthh has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: russel westbrook

I have become a fan of Westbrook, but you are overlooking a lot of things. First off, people tell me that Douglas-Roberts isn't strong enough and will get pushed around in the NBA. Westbrook will get knocked over by the wind. Bayless is about the same size, but seems stronger on drives, and Mayo is bigger and stronger.

You talked about his outside shot, which is the weakest of these 3 by far. Mayo and Bayless will be able to hit 3's right from day one, but I think Westbrook as a lot of work to do to get to that point.

The other thing that I would knock him on are is natural PG abilities. When he gets pressured or things break down, he tended to make a bad decision. I know this is a small thing, but I think it shows that he doesn't have a ton of experience at PG.

I think all this could point to teams laying off him because he isn't a great shooter, and then knocking him around on drives. If you are physical with him at the NBA level he will not be as effective. Athletic ability will only take you so far when you have strong men leaning on you. I don't think he has the ability to score on the NBA level like Bayless or Mayo, and if these things aren't reason enough, he didn't prove it on the college level either.

I think everyone will remember his best game in college, which of course happened in the Final Four. Nobody will remember the Texas A&M game which if they had lost, the Memphis game would have never happened.

Again, I like Westbrook, I am just trying to show the flipside. I think this is why he won't go top 5. I do think he could be around for the Pacers at 11. I think right now I think most people would have him in the 8-14 range.

And CaptainOwl, I understand the problems with this argument, but that is why Westbrook is not going #3. You bring out what he could be if everything goes as well as it can and he reaches his full potential. What I bring up is the bad stuff that could hinder him reaching that potential. I think most NBA people will realize that if you take this stuff into account you get a little more reasonable expectation.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:19 AM   #4
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 575
CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: russel westbrook

thank you both for responding- not trying to suck up but i recognize both of you and like checking out both of your stuff

lebowski i agree with you that you should be thrilled with westbrook at 11 and like the fit with the pacers if he happens to slide that far- if westbrook doesnt slide to you i think you will have to forget about point gaurd in this draft as imo selecting augustine would be a huge reach- another player i personally like that doesnt seem to be getting alot of hype as a top prospect is 7-1 french center alexis ajinca( i have love going 11 in my mock)

monthh i havent had anyone give me more legit constructive feedback since ive been on this site- thanks again- i dont believe that westbrook will go #3, but im not backing off in thinking that he is the 3rd best- you are right about both shooting and desicion making-

i agree with alot of what you said, but i also want to mention that both bayless and mayo also have some weaknesses that will show through also- both may be more nba ready immidiatly but i believe both have lower cielings-

-bayless is not strong defensively or physically- in no way would you be able to accuratly say that bayless is stronger than westbrook imo
- oj also has some flaws when it comes to potential super stardom- his quickness is not quite world class and although i would love to see him coached up and turned into a point, i just wonder -this is the nba- do you expect that he will get that tutoring and coaching or will someone get impatiant and try to use him as a scoring 2 gaurd? if so, his lack of size could be a disadvantage

i definitly dont believe that westbrook will go 3( b lopez depending on team) but my main thought was to say that neither bayless or oj should be considered locks as top 5 picks either- who is the #3 prospect in your minds? most everyone seems set on the first two and it would be hard to argue against either one-for the record i believe rose is a near lock to be #1- this #3 pick argument may not be able to be made until the order is set

so, basically i wouldnt argue that oj and bayless may make a bigger impact earlier, but russel westbrook will be the best of the 3 in the long run- all three have alot to improve on to reach their max but i see westbrook working harder to get there- i know this wait years argument is a tough one to make but that doesnt mean i dont think westbrook will make an immediate impact, because i believe he will- i am hoping all of these gaurd get into good situations and will be supporting all 4 of the top gaurds as well as # 5&6 gordon and courtney lee
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:04 PM   #5
monthh
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 971
monthh has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: russel westbrook

I don't think Mayo should be turned into a PG. He is a scorer, and I think he will be best suited as a scorer. I know it isn't a great comparison, but he kind of reminds me of Ray Allen, of course with no where near the jump shot. He is about the same size and while neither are points, they can make passes at the 2.

Bayless to me will be a PG, but he will take time to develop as well. He is my #3 player, and I see huge upside for him. To me he just didn't get knocked off when drove to the hoop, and that is why I would say he is stronger. He of course has things to work on, but he is the more natural guy at the point. If he learns the game better, he will be a really good passer. You can tell he has spent a lot of time at the point. He just needs to become a smarter playmaker.

Honestly, I'm really not thrilled with many guys after Rose and Beasley. I think all of these guys have major flaws. From 3 (Bayless) to 13 (Koufus) I think everyone is pretty much even. There should be a lot of movement before draft night. I have Westbrook at 9 right now, but I still have DeAndre Jordan ahead of him, and I am still trying to figure him out.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 02:04 PM   #6
Qlippers
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 332
Qlippers has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: russel westbrook

OJ Mayo is not a PG. He's more of a scorer, I like the Ray Allen comparison. I was going to say he reminds me of a Latrell Sprewell, He can score in bunches but will he help your team?

As for Bayless, He has the best chance of making the jump at PG. He's a good shooter but still needs to learn to run a team. It may take him some time to develop a la Billups.

Westbrook is a hawk on defense and a streaky scorer. He gets most of his pts. on breaks and a great finisher. I do not see him as a PG, I see in a similar role as Barbosa. He's a decent dribbler but you want a PG on the floor w/ him to capitalize on his scoring ability.
Qlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:29 PM   #7
disco
Great young streetballer
 
disco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 467
disco has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: russel westbrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qlippers

Westbrook is a hawk on defense and a streaky scorer. He gets most of his pts. on breaks and a great finisher. I do not see him as a PG, I see in a similar role as Barbosa. He's a decent dribbler but you want a PG on the floor w/ him to capitalize on his scoring ability.

I agree. Not saying he won't be good, but he'll have tough time to become a pro point guard. I know he played well against Memphis, but in general he wasn't tested as a ballhandler in PAC 10 play. If he played in let's say Big East or Big 10, where the style of play is different and guards are pressured more in half court game, people could question his PG more than they now do. Nevertheless, I think Westbrook can be a solid NBA combo guard, but I see him being picked somewhere between 12 and 20.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:19 PM   #8
monthh
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 971
monthh has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: russel westbrook

CaptainOwl, just so you know we are doing that Mock Draft thing that is a sticky at the top of the page if you want to join. It would be good to have another intellegent poster join.

Same for you Disco, I just realized that you haven't picked a team either if you want in.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:20 PM   #9
disco
Great young streetballer
 
disco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 467
disco has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: russel westbrook

Cool. I'm definitely in.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 04:44 PM   #10
Efunk7
Serious playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 461
Efunk7 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: russel westbrook

to the OP, i like your assessment if westbrook but you are overestimating his NBA potential in comparison to mayo and bayless...for one, as far as size, mayo is easily the biggest of the 3 both in height and weight while bayless is pretty obviously bigger in body/strength than westbrook...the advantage westbrook has on bayless physically is superior length...all 3 are great defenders, but the advantage mayo and bayless have offensively are pretty superior to westbrook's advantage over them defensively...westbrook is gonna have to really improve his shooting and overall PG play before you can say he's worth selecting before his 2 pac-10 counterparts...my assessment below:

Defense:
1) westbrook
2) mayo/bayless

Shooting:
1) bayless
2) mayo
3) westbrook

Passing/PG play:
1) bayless
2) mayo
3) westbrook

Handles:
1) mayo
2) bayless (although he needs to go left more often)
3) westbrook

Size:
1) mayo
2) westbrook (b/c of his length)/bayless

Athleticism/speed/quicks:
1) bayless/westbrook
2) mayo

Comparisons:

bayless - jay williams/monta ellis (a stronger, more PG version)
mayo - a bigger arenas or billups
westbrook - barbosa

At this point, it would be a big reach for a GM to pick westbrook over either of these 2 although I think westbrook will be able to compete in the nba defensively right away...he had trouble alot of times running point while collison was out, and i can't imagine him doing much better right now in the nba...
Efunk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:59 PM   #11
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 575
CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: russel westbrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efunk7
to the OP, i like your assessment if westbrook but you are overestimating his NBA potential in comparison to mayo and bayless...for one, as far as size, mayo is easily the biggest of the 3 both in height and weight while bayless is pretty obviously bigger in body/strength than westbrook...the advantage westbrook has on bayless physically is superior length...all 3 are great defenders, but the advantage mayo and bayless have offensively are pretty superior to westbrook's advantage over them defensively...westbrook is gonna have to really improve his shooting and overall PG play before you can say he's worth selecting before his 2 pac-10 counterparts...my assessment below:

Defense:
1) westbrook
2) mayo/bayless

Shooting:
1) bayless
2) mayo
3) westbrook

Passing/PG play:
1) bayless
2) mayo
3) westbrook

Handles:
1) mayo
2) bayless (although he needs to go left more often)
3) westbrook

Size:
1) mayo
2) westbrook (b/c of his length)/bayless

Athleticism/speed/quicks:
1) bayless/westbrook
2) mayo

Comparisons:

bayless - jay williams/monta ellis (a stronger, more PG version)
mayo - a bigger arenas or billups
westbrook - barbosa

At this point, it would be a big reach for a GM to pick westbrook over either of these 2 although I think westbrook will be able to compete in the nba defensively right away...he had trouble alot of times running point while collison was out, and i can't imagine him doing much better right now in the nba...

good post - i agree with alot of what you said

i dont undestand how you could give any size or strength advantages to bayless, i just dont see it- westbrook is much bigger person-

bayless is such a talented basketball player that he will be a factor from day 1- i dont see him not being an all star player- he is skilled and can shoot the ball very well-i almost posted him as the best pure shooter in this draft but didnt want to argue with any of their loftons or whoevers- imo bayless will go down as the best pure shooter from this draft

i wonder if the entire draft will shakedown due to who picks bayless at what pick- 3-5?

i however think from your list bayless is clear #3 on defense as mayo was actually one of the better defenders in the pac (imo)

i think that seatle new york and many other teams would like to pick him - i would like to see the suns trade into a spot to grab him

for any of you who ever watched alot of pac 10 basketball noone could argue against many of these guys to be good pros- half the lottery?

bayless 6-3 pg arizona
westbrook 6-4 1/2 pg ucla
mayo 6-3 1/2 g usc

buddinger 6-8 sg arizona
d jefferson 6-9 1/2 sf usc

love 6-9 1/2 pf ucla
b lopez 7-0 c stanford

every one of those guys has skills that will transfer immidiatly in the nba and will all be 10+ career guys imo

no one here but some of the opinins i read on this site make it clear that they have never seen any of the pac 10 games- it makes hard when people write they dont play in a tough league when these guys and a couple handful more close the this level- pac 10 is by far the best conference when it comes to nba talent
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 12:29 AM   #12
Efunk7
Serious playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 461
Efunk7 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: russel westbrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
good post - i agree with alot of what you said

i dont undestand how you could give any size or strength advantages to bayless, i just dont see it- westbrook is much bigger person-

bayless is such a talented basketball player that he will be a factor from day 1- i dont see him not being an all star player- he is skilled and can shoot the ball very well-i almost posted him as the best pure shooter in this draft but didnt want to argue with any of their loftons or whoevers- imo bayless will go down as the best pure shooter from this draft

i wonder if the entire draft will shakedown due to who picks bayless at what pick- 3-5?

i however think from your list bayless is clear #3 on defense as mayo was actually one of the better defenders in the pac (imo)

i think that seatle new york and many other teams would like to pick him - i would like to see the suns trade into a spot to grab him

for any of you who ever watched alot of pac 10 basketball noone could argue against many of these guys to be good pros- half the lottery?

bayless 6-3 pg arizona
westbrook 6-4 1/2 pg ucla
mayo 6-3 1/2 g usc

buddinger 6-8 sg arizona
d jefferson 6-9 1/2 sf usc

love 6-9 1/2 pf ucla
b lopez 7-0 c stanford

every one of those guys has skills that will transfer immidiatly in the nba and will all be 10+ career guys imo

no one here but some of the opinins i read on this site make it clear that they have never seen any of the pac 10 games- it makes hard when people write they dont play in a tough league when these guys and a couple handful more close the this level- pac 10 is by far the best conference when it comes to nba talent

i live in dc but i watch alot of pac-10 ball when it comes on late on FSN and also when i can find live streams over the internet and i agree that this year it was the best for high quality overall nba talent...

as far as westbrook/bayless in regards to size, i think westbrook is 1 inch taller while bayless is about 10 lbs heavier, i'll have to look it up again later to confirm...even just looking at the 2 of them with the eye test, bayless definitely appears to be thicker/more muscular both in upper and lower body than westbrook, but once again westbrook is longer which allows him to play bigger than his position; maybe that's why you think he is a bigger player...as far as defense, westbrook is the clear cut top dog out of the 3, and i put mayo slightly higher than bayless only b/c of his size advantage - bayless is a serious competitor on the defensive end of the ball and he is not that far behind the other 2 in that category...and bayless is definitely one of the best shooters in the draft, perhaps not the best "pure" shooter, but def near the top of the list as far as being a "pure" scorer goes - same can be said for mayo...i agree with your assessment about the draft order - i def can't see bayless slipping past #5...as far as your list of pac-10 guys in the lottery, budinger is on the fringe - i see him more likely picked at 15-20 and jefferson late first round to early 2nd - there's just way too much talent in the draft right now...

edit: i was just about exactly right - they are both listed at 6'3", but bayless is listed at 199 and westbrook 189, both at espn and cbssportsline...

Last edited by Efunk7 : 05-17-2008 at 12:32 AM.
Efunk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:38 AM   #13
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 575
CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: russel westbrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efunk7
edit: i was just about exactly right - they are both listed at 6'3", but bayless is listed at 199 and westbrook 189, both at espn and cbssportsline...

it is not important but bayless is closer to 170 than to 200 and westbook is closer to 6-5 than 6-3

is there going to be a time where all of these prospects are measured and wieghed together?- many people will be suprised if they think either mayo or bayless will measure out bigger than listed- is this all taking place at the orlando pre draft camp? i sure wish the nba did an nfl combine like televised couple days for us to be able to see all the guys do some different things- am i right that none of the top 20 guys do anything other than height/weight

like i said this size thing isnt an issue- i just wonder where the idea of this big strong bayless has come from-

off topic a little, i still believe stephan curry had a place in this draft- i feel like he made a better 14-23 pick in this years draft than he might fit a top 10 pick next year
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:56 AM   #14
monthh
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 971
monthh has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: russel westbrook

There is a lot of good debate in here, but I think this is all of kind a moot point in a way. To me Bayless will be a full-time PG, Westbrook will be a part-time PG, and Mayo will be a SG. I think that is how teams will see them as using their potential to the best.

I think the hard guy to peg is Westbrook. I think his best fit would be for a team like the Lakers or Cavs where he could play the point, but wouldn't be the "lead guard." I think he would work out well with the Hawks with Johnson being able to handle the ball, but they picked kind of a similar player to Westbrook last year with Law and that didn't go so well. Looking at the teams that are in his range (or my own personal opinion of his range) I don't think anyone is a great fit. Portland might be a good fit because he could share the ball with Roy and Phoenix might be a good fit depending on who the new coach is. After that I think maybe Washington at 18 to play next to Arenas or the Cavs at 19 would be the best fit.

My point is that I think there is a good chance he gets selected by a team that won't fit him well. Either they will force him to be a full-time lead guard, or just use him off the ball. Or just bring him off the bench as a guard in a similar role as Barbosa, with the obvious issue being that he is not really a pure scorer. If they want him in that role he is going to have to add weight to attack the basket and improve his shot to keep defenders honest as I have said.

CaptainOwl, I may be way off, but when I saw Bayless play he was physical going to the hoop. I'm not good at predicting weight, but he has good power. I think they end up being the same weight, but Westbrook is longer and looks leaner because of that. I think that also makes him look taller than he is. I sometimes see a list before the draft where they take into account arm length to determine height. Westbrook may only be 6-3 1/2 or something, but with his arm length he covers the area of a 6-4 1/2 guy or something. Hopefully someone will put out numbers like that this year.

Last edited by monthh : 05-17-2008 at 12:06 PM.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 02:58 PM   #15
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 575
CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: russel westbrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by monthh
There is a lot of good debate in here, but I think this is all of kind a moot point in a way. To me Bayless will be a full-time PG, Westbrook will be a part-time PG, and Mayo will be a SG. I think that is how teams will see them as using their potential to the best.

I think the hard guy to peg is Westbrook. I think his best fit would be for a team like the Lakers or Cavs where he could play the point, but wouldn't be the "lead guard." I think he would work out well with the Hawks with Johnson being able to handle the ball, but they picked kind of a similar player to Westbrook last year with Law and that didn't go so well. Looking at the teams that are in his range (or my own personal opinion of his range) I don't think anyone is a great fit. Portland might be a good fit because he could share the ball with Roy and Phoenix might be a good fit depending on who the new coach is. After that I think maybe Washington at 18 to play next to Arenas or the Cavs at 19 would be the best fit.

My point is that I think there is a good chance he gets selected by a team that won't fit him well. Either they will force him to be a full-time lead guard, or just use him off the ball. Or just bring him off the bench as a guard in a similar role as Barbosa, with the obvious issue being that he is not really a pure scorer. If they want him in that role he is going to have to add weight to attack the basket and improve his shot to keep defenders honest as I have said.

CaptainOwl, I may be way off, but when I saw Bayless play he was physical going to the hoop. I'm not good at predicting weight, but he has good power. I think they end up being the same weight, but Westbrook is longer and looks leaner because of that. I think that also makes him look taller than he is. I sometimes see a list before the draft where they take into account arm length to determine height. Westbrook may only be 6-3 1/2 or something, but with his arm length he covers the area of a 6-4 1/2 guy or something. Hopefully someone will put out numbers like that this year.

i think this years draft is hard to guess on- but if teams make good picks for what they need there could be some great picks 3-14 and even throughout the rest of the first rd atleast

nobody seems to argue the top 2 but how do you rank the next 10 prospects- it seems as if bayless & maybe oj / lopez? seem pretty set as the top 5?

i think alot of the players could go 3-4 or could go 13-14-

my top 10

1- rose
2-beasley
3- westbrook
4-lopez
5- bayless
6- oj
7-ajinca
8-randolph
9-gallinari
10-love

i understand that isnt how a draft will break down thats just how i put them in order of how good of nba players theyll be- but i do think any of those other 8 could be deserving of a # 4 pick anywhere till the middle of the first rd

how do these guys get sorted out? who is the perfect fits on the perfect teams?who are the other lottery locks?

if portland got westbrook, they are legit and have a chance to win in the wc plaoffs down the road with westbrook covering the pauls, dwilliams, & parkers- like you said for westbrook roy could be the perfect match

i just dont see mayo being a lock to be chosen in the top 5 even though i do think he will have a great nba career- e gordon could very well be selected before him, and there is always a chance to see teams take a 7 footer 5- 10- it just shouldnt be looked at as a slide imo if he isnt taken 3,4, or 5

i would love to see oj mayo in new jersey with devin harris, if rj or vince could be moved

i would also like seeing(even though i like seeing twolves suck) brook lopez teaming up with al jefferson

and of course i dream of the nugs landing westbrook to play with melo and jr, and kliza& nene

i would bet it all that robin lopez wouldnt last past utah's pick- he is exactly what they describe as wanting- i could see utah trying to grab brook by maybe even moving boozer for a pick

i really want to see beasly to the kings but think he will go to charlotte( im excited for the lottery- i think it could be weird)

i really see alot of players potentially moving on draft day- m redd, z randolph, r jefferson/or vince, iverson, camby, marbury, ridnour and/or e watson, and many more possibly hinrich, baron davis, ??- there would also be lot of parts moved in deals for those guys- j james, b simmons, gaddzurich, kristic/nachbar? .....

the order of the draft will determine the amount of craziness possible- do any teams have a player that they could see there team trading into get?
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:54 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy