Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 05-12-2008, 02:46 PM   #1
PCB Spurs Fan
I brick open layups

PCB Spurs Fan has an OK reputation so far
Default Game 5 Expectations?

What is everyone's thoughts for Game 5 tomorrow? I feel like we have to go in there playing like we have been the last 2 games. I am trying not to get overly confident, but I really feel like the Spurs have taken that cockiness in the Hornets down a few notches, after game 3 I really expected them to recover and play ball but last night they looked like crap and I'm hoping they continue to look like crap. I use the .04 shot in 2004 as an example. After that Derek Fisher shot the Spurs just never recovered during that series (s**t I was at that game I still haven't recovered! ) and I feel that the Hornets are in the same boat. Thoughts?

Spurs in 6
PCB Spurs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:34 PM   #2
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation
Default Re: Game 5 Expectations?

I am hoping this carries over to Game 5, but they will have home court, maybe that'll give them a boost. I think they could win at home, but then we win at home and then go into New Orleans and win Game 7.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:27 PM   #3
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here

Big game for us. This is really going to be where we have to prove ourselves as the defending champions. Defense is going to be the key once again.

I like our strategy the last two games compared to the first two. Instead of playing Bowen on Paul 1 on 1, we play Tony on him and use help side defense. It's good to have Bowen on Stojakovic and shutting down their best three point shooters because it takes out one of Paul's biggest weapons. Bowen has been dominating him as of late. We just need to be aggressive and get in the paint. Make their big guys get in foul trouble and let their garbage big men get some early minutes off the bench. Tim, Tony and Manu were very aggressive drawing fouls like crazy and when we had guys like Finley, Udoka and Bowen hitting wide open three pointers it made life much easier for us. We're just going to have to keep it up and take the New Orleans' crowd out of the game and we could possibly slip out of there with an away win and head back home.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:28 PM   #4
PCB Spurs Fan
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMT
Big game for us. This is really going to be where we have to prove ourselves as the defending champions. Defense is going to be the key once again.

I like our strategy the last two games compared to the first two. Instead of playing Bowen on Paul 1 on 1, we play Tony on him and use help side defense. It's good to have Bowen on Stojakovic and shutting down their best three point shooters because it takes out one of Paul's biggest weapons. Bowen has been dominating him as of late. We just need to be aggressive and get in the paint. Make their big guys get in foul trouble and let their garbage big men get some early minutes off the bench. Tim, Tony and Manu were very aggressive drawing fouls like crazy and when we had guys like Finley, Udoka and Bowen hitting wide open three pointers it made life much easier for us. We're just going to have to keep it up and take the New Orleans' crowd out of the game and we could possibly slip out of there with an away win and head back home.

Definitely I agree! I think the switch from Bowen to Parker guarding Paul and putting Bowen on Peja makes a hig difference and it doesn't hurt that TD is back to 100% health wise. It was a better match up and really threw the entire Hornet team off their game. We made them play our tempo and I really think that we can carry this momentum thru tomorrow's game and steal a game in NO tomorrow. They should really look at like a game 7 a win or go home deal and play their hearts out!
Old 05-12-2008, 08:31 PM   #5
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here

As long as we make Chris Paul a shooter instead of a distributer I think we will be alright.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:57 PM   #6
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

ScolaFan has decent reputationScolaFan has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMT
As long as we make Chris Paul a shooter instead of a distributer I think we will be alright.

Exactly... let him score all the points he wants and contain everyone else.

Spurs in 6
ScolaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:28 AM   #7
PCB Spurs Fan
I brick open layups

Well, that game was painful to watch the 2nd half! What a bummer!

Oh well, time to re-group and focus! It won't be easy but we can still overcome.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:33 PM   #8
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

ScolaFan has decent reputationScolaFan has decent reputation

ScolaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: