Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 05-13-2008, 05:50 PM   #1
final.wrath
Banned

Default Pistons Fan: The Celtics Are Too Good to Give Up On

I turned on ESPN today and felt disgust to hear some commentator imply that KG and the big 3 as a whole are not winners. She was using the 0-5 road record as proof. The she said the T-Wolves franchise fell apart because KG was disinterested. The media is so fickle. They were ready to give up on Lebron and the Cavs a week ago... that idiot Skip Bayless saying he was not a clutch player.

I know true Celtics fans can't be too down on this team. They are probably the most complete team in the league and the fact that they haven't won on the road in the playoffs isn't as bad an omen as some have made it out to be.
The Hawks had 2007 GS-like momentum in front of their home crowd and I'm glad the Pistons got the 76ers instead.

The Cavs are such a pain to deal with. Pistons fans know from the last two playoffs. It would be horrible to watch Lebron singlehandedly lead a ragtag bunch of roleplayers to the ECF once again. The Celtics should be too deep and play too good defense for the Cavs to win this series. KG needs to stay in the post and the offense needs to go from the inside out.

As a Pistons fan I don't know who I'd rather face in the ECF if we make it, probably the Cavs, but my heart has me rooting for KG against the one-man-show Lebron.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:55 PM   #2
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

Default Re: Pistons Fan: The Celtics Are Too Good to Give Up On

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
I turned on ESPN today and felt disgust to hear some commentator imply that KG and the big 3 as a whole are not winners. She was using the 0-5 road record as proof. The she said the T-Wolves franchise fell apart because KG was disinterested. The media is so fickle. They were ready to give up on Lebron and the Cavs a week ago... that idiot Skip Bayless saying he was not a clutch player.

I know true Celtics fans can't be too down on this team. They are probably the most complete team in the league and the fact that they haven't won on the road in the playoffs isn't as bad an omen as some have made it out to be.
The Hawks had 2007 GS-like momentum in front of their home crowd and I'm glad the Pistons got the 76ers instead.

The Cavs are such a pain to deal with. Pistons fans know from the last two playoffs. It would be horrible to watch Lebron singlehandedly lead a ragtag bunch of roleplayers to the ECF once again. The Celtics should be too deep and play too good defense for the Cavs to win this series. KG needs to stay in the post and the offense needs to go from the inside out.

As a Pistons fan I don't know who I'd rather face in the ECF if we make it, probably the Cavs, but my heart has me rooting for KG against the one-man-show Lebron.

Yeah uh.. I think the turd I dropped off about 45 minutes ago would be a better sports analyst then skip bayless. Serioulsy, calling LeBron prince james??? really?!

I think "ragtag bunch of role players" is a little harsh for LeBron's cast. Yeah, he doesn't have the best players around him but Delonte West has proven to be a solid starting point guard. Wally Szczerbiak's been very consistent thus far from the perimeter and Zydrunas Ilgauskas has probably been the most consistent center for the past 5 years. He's so underrated and gets no credit whatsoever. And LeBron's obviously not single handedly keeping the cavs in this. If you've noticed his shooting percentage this series, you could see that. People are finally stepping up finally, plain and simple.

Last edited by InLebronWeTrust : 05-14-2008 at 03:59 PM.
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:55 AM   #3
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

It's all talk. I've long become accustomed to the high flung exaggerations of analysts and commentators when teams stuggle, and it's even worse when great teams like the Celtics, who haven't accomplished much with their present roster, struggle.

Individual players are struggling... Ray Allen and Pierce in particular... at the worst time possible. The press is fickle. Nothing can really be done about it.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:41 AM   #4
Maniak
Warm Winds

alot of commentators/analasysts(sp?) are really running their mouths on good NBA players. Just because they never where/could have been as good, doesnt imply all the hate
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:34 PM   #5
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath

Skip= G.O.A.T. I love his nicknames...
Prince James
Me, Myself and Iverson
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 12:12 PM   #6
RUFUS IS GOD
Can barely lace up my sneakers

i can't believe how overrated the celtics are
RUFUS IS GOD is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: