Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-19-2006, 10:32 PM   #1
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy has a bad reputationDaHeezy has a bad reputationDaHeezy has a bad reputation
Default Carmelo Anthony Should be the sole captain of Team USA

He is proving to be the leader among leaders. The go to guy on a team of go to guys. I just hope he doesn't become the scapegoat if heaven forbids they lose a game (which they won't). Why have three captains? So that the Two other posters boys don't get their egos trampled? I smell a ploy in the upper NBA ranking. If Bron and Wade were true leaders, they would give the C to Melo.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:51 PM   #2
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters

Young HkM is considered somewhat coolYoung HkM is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
He is proving to be the leader among leaders. The go to guy on a team of go to guys. I just hope he doesn't become the scapegoat if heaven forbids they lose a game (which they won't). Why have three captains? So that the Two other posters boys don't get their egos trampled? I smell a ploy in the upper NBA ranking. If Bron and Wade were true leaders, they would give the C to Melo.

I agree with you that Melo should be the sole captain, but I don't think Coach K sees him fitted as somebody who could lead a wholoe team by himself considering the rep that he has. LeBron's a good leader and has been putting up descent-good numbers while Wade has been playing pretty bad. So I'd go Melo-Bron co-captains, but in 2008 who's knows who'll be the best leader, so I guess it doesn't hurt to take all 3. My only thing is that Melo should easily be option #1 on offense.
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:55 PM   #3
lakersfoelyfe
I airball my layups

lakersfoelyfe has an OK reputation so far
Default just my opinion.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young HkM
I agree with you that Melo should be the sole captain, but I don't think Coach K sees him fitted as somebody who could lead a wholoe team by himself considering the rep that he has. LeBron's a good leader and has been putting up descent-good numbers while Wade has been playing pretty bad. So I'd go Melo-Bron co-captains, but in 2008 who's knows who'll be the best leader, so I guess it doesn't hurt to take all 3. My only thing is that Melo should easily be option #1 on offense.

well said.......
lakersfoelyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:57 PM   #4
ronron15
High School Starter

ronron15 is considered somewhat coolronron15 is considered somewhat cool
Default re

melo is nice n is provin he can play with the best in the league...

but bro, the choice of puttin those 3 for co-captains are correct.
ronron15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:04 PM   #5
The Mamba
High School Starter

The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board

Melo / Bron should be co-captains. They are the head of the team, where as Battier / Johnson / Hinrich are the glue that allows for flrexibility, and holds the team together. Wade plays pretty piss poor, and doesn't mesh well if he doesn't have the ball in his hands 24/7.
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:08 PM   #6
Uncrowned King
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Uncrowned King has an OK reputation so far

I agree and I love Wade but I have to say he isn't the player he is when he has the ball 85% of the time. It does seem like he's throwing alot of circus shots up for no apparent reason, he's just lost alot of time without having the ball apparently.
Uncrowned King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:10 PM   #7
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncrowned King
I agree and I love Wade but I have to say he isn't the player he is when he has the ball 85% of the time. It does seem like he's throwing alot of circus shots up for no apparent reason, he's just lost alot of time without having the ball apparently.

**Hijacks thread**

Nice avatar, H&O?
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:11 PM   #8
The Mamba
High School Starter

The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncrowned King
Exactly.

And it is only amplified because he doesn't have strong fundamentals, and can't really hit open jumpers to save his life. Which is extremely weird. Like, maybe he puts too much pressure on himself when he is open? In the NBA Finals, my man was pulling up over Josh Howard and hitting bank shots, etc. It's like he needs someone to be guarding him, in order to hit a jumper. My man had like wide open 15 -25 foot shots, and missed all of them BADLY in last night's game.
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:18 PM   #9
Uncrowned King

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mamba
Exactly.

And it is only amplified because he doesn't have strong fundamentals, and can't really hit open jumpers to save his life. Which is extremely weird. Like, maybe he puts too much pressure on himself when he is open? In the NBA Finals, my man was pulling up over Josh Howard and hitting bank shots, etc. It's like he needs someone to be guarding him, in order to hit a jumper. My man had like wide open 15 -25 foot shots, and missed all of them BADLY in last night's game.

I know, one mintue he's domianting with mid range game and ect..His first shot last night was a circus shot, he's throwing up those one handed Elgin baylor wannabe shots up and there hitting the side of the rim. I'm like that kind of too. When I'm wide open I tend to put more pressure on myself and think about it way more then when i'm being defended. But he should be more mentally prepared
Old 08-19-2006, 11:18 PM   #10
Uncrowned King

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
**Hijacks thread**

Nice avatar, H&O?

crown me
Old 08-20-2006, 12:21 AM   #11
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

I still can't believe Mark Madsen wasn't invited to the US camp. He would demanded double and triple teams every time he touched the ball and it would give us a lot of open shots. The NBA is really scandalous for this. What has become of the Sports of Kings?
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:37 AM   #12
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy

melo may be the best player so far but i have no problem with tri captains.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:53 AM   #13
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

Wade along with Melo was the best player on the team in the exhibition games, so I don't know where this Wade bashing is coming from. He was leading the team in assists and shooting 57 percent from the field.

One bad game and he's garbage?

Nonsense.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:56 AM   #14
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

^^

LOL, Exactly. Alot of overanalyzing off what was 1 bad game going on here.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 01:05 AM   #15
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Disagree. If anyone of them 3 should be captain. LeBron is the man for that job. Luckily all 3 of them are captains which is really cool because they're all from the same draft.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: