Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-20-2006, 11:37 AM   #1
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default impressed with yao so far

i thought he would take longer to recover. he scored 30 against italy, then 21 and 10 against the US. granted, both were losses, but really, who else is on that team besides Yao? teams are having the luxury to focus on him and he's still getting his. i can't wait for a healthy season of t-mac + yao!
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:08 PM   #2
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

C'mon he is playing nobody and the us has no real bigs.His teams are getting dismanteled yeah he looks great.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:14 PM   #3
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

um...he just came back from a broken foot? he basically played the US team alone? lol yao haters
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:59 PM   #4
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

Good perormance but the World's show that an average NBA player with a team ran solely around them can dominate 95% of the time. Not sure how ready Yao is but I can't wait to see him with a healthy T Mac.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 02:15 PM   #5
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
C'mon he is playing nobody and the us has no real bigs.His teams are getting dismanteled yeah he looks great.
No real bigs?

Dwight Howard? Led the NBA in rebouding. Good shot blocker. Ring a bell?

Anyway, I love how people are like saying stuff like this...
Quote:
Good perormance but the World's show that an average NBA player with a team ran solely around them can dominate 95% of the time.
.....when Yao has already shown that he can do everything that he did against Team USA AND MORE against NBA competition on a consistent basis.

People just don't want to give him credit that he's finally turned the corner. Whatever, they'll see this season. Fear the Yao.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 02:18 PM   #6
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

What real bigs are you expecting? If anything Yao hasn't performed as well against inferior competition at center/power forward. Playing Shaq or Duncan, he always brings his A game.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 02:23 PM   #7
jailer
MillionDollarException

Dur thats what I am saying there are no powerhouses like shaq and guys who use brute force.Howard is a finess guy that can play power vs weaker guys,bosh and miller are not power guys either.If amare were there he would have jammed all ove yao.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:26 PM   #8
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Dwight is a finesse guy?

News to me.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:26 PM   #9
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Do we really need to bring out Yao's career stats against Shaq? He's already proven he can play against players of his caliber, tool. What he has shown in the past on occasion is the inability to dominate inferior/undersized competition.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 02:30 PM   #10
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
No real bigs?

Dwight Howard? Led the NBA in rebouding. Good shot blocker. Ring a bell?

Anyway, I love how people are like saying stuff like this... .....when Yao has already shown that he can do everything that he did against Team USA AND MORE against NBA competition on a consistent basis.

People just don't want to give him credit that he's finally turned the corner. Whatever, they'll see this season. Fear the Yao.

I'm not discrediting the man just saying that he did look a 1/2 step slow still to me, I not a Yao fan or hater but I was impressed with what he did in the end of the year and from what I've seen right now he's not yet the same player.

Quote:
Dur thats what I am saying there are no powerhouses like shaq and guys who use brute force.Howard is a finess guy that can play power vs weaker guys,bosh and miller are not power guys either.If amare were there he would have jammed all ove yao.

Dwight is far form a finesse player, even though sometimes I wish he'd stop throwing up those soft shows just to get offensive boards a la Moses Malone and just go up hard for the dunk like Shaq. He has the power and athleticism to do it, but I guess thats just how he plays. But for the record he is still brute force, no finesse at all.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 02:33 PM   #11
fatboy11

Quote:
I'm not discrediting the man just saying that he did look a 1/2 step slow still to me, I not a Yao fan or hater but I was impressed with what he did in the end of the year and from what I've seen right now he's not yet the same player.
Well.........he is recovering from a broken foot that left him relatively inactive for awhile. I don't think his full recovery should even be in doubt. He'll be ready by the start of the season.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:01 PM   #12
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Yao did great. I am proud.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 05:36 PM   #13
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Howard is a finess guy that can play power vs weaker guys,bosh and miller are not power guys either.
someone hasnt even seen Dwight play and is making up stuff. and yao will suck back in the league because every team has a shaq or an amare, sure.

its good news to hear Yao is healthy already. the injury was said to be pretty bad, and i thought he rushed his comeback. i dont think the stats he is getting are any indicative of the upcoming season, but atleast you can tell he is healthy.

Last edited by artificial : 08-20-2006 at 05:38 PM.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:12 PM   #14
BullRaps
I airball my layups

BullRaps has an OK reputation so far

One thing the US vs. China game showed was that the chinese guards suck! They don't know how to feed the post and they can't handle the ball. Put any pressure on them and they'll turn the ball over. And there were long periods in the game that Yao didn't even touch the ball. But I agree that Yao's recovery is looking pretty good. I'm expecting a good year from him in Houston. Hopefully, the team will learn how to get him the ball in the post.
BullRaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:13 PM   #15
jailer
MillionDollarException

You guys are insane to sit there and call dwight pure brute force.Its like you here one thing and see stats and make conclusions.Dwight has problems dominating people who are obviously inferior in terms of strength.Like uh pau gasol who will dominate the entire us squad again.When dwight tries to play his so called ''brute'' game pau will eat him for breakfast,lunch,and dinner.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: