Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-21-2008, 06:16 PM   #1
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Who Will The Dallas Mavericks Pick At #51?

I'm thinking that going for a young SF wouldn't hurt with the pick,Keith Brumbaugh was a beast in JC and has the size to play in the NBA.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:23 PM   #2
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Who Will The Dallas Mavericks Pick At #51?

If there's a 6'9+ guy who plays very little in the paint, isn't a great athlete, and prefers jumpshots over banging in the paint from Europe somewhere, we'll take him.

If we're listing to DatZ and trying to get younger and more athletic and just want some solid role players who can play in this league, then Daron Washington or Pat Ewing Jr
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:30 PM   #3
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
If there's a 6'9+ guy who plays very little in the paint, isn't a great athlete, and prefers jumpshots over banging in the paint from Europe somewhere, we'll take him.

If we're listing to DatZ and trying to get younger and more athletic and just want some solid role players who can play in this league, then Daron Washington or Pat Ewing Jr
Patrick Ewing Jr will go undrafted,I gurantee you that and he could be had as an undrafted free agent.

Dallas has a stupid roster,its still amazes me that they waived Rayshawn Terry although he could've possibly developed into a good role player for them.

Maybe with Rick Carlisle as HC they can clear space on this roster and give some younger guys a chance to play rather than filling out their bench with old scrubs like Devean George,Juwan Howard,and Eddie Jones.

And scrubs who aren't going to contribute at all like Antoine Wright,Tyronn Lue,Malik Allen,and Jamaal Magloire.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:18 PM   #4
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

I know, and you can possibly get Daron Washington as an undrafted FA too, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised either to see a playoff team add them to the end of their bench late in the second half of the 2nd round.

NBAdraft.net shows us getting Othello Hunter. I'd love that, but somehow I imagine him going earlier than 51. They got Sasha Kaum at 60 too, if he's still there at 51, I like him. I know, they also compared Deshawn Stevenson to Michael Jordan so not to put too much weight into what they say.

I'd just gut the team, everybody's available and try to go the young and exciting hungry route, even if it means a few seasons of not making the playoffs.

I don't even like the Mavs and I say it every year, but I'm really going to get League Pass and Satellite next yr so I don't have to watch them.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:19 AM   #5
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sonny Weems, Bryce Taylor, or Malick Hairston

Last edited by Dasher : 05-31-2008 at 06:11 PM.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 04:38 PM   #6
d_white089
Let's Go.....

d_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
I'm thinking that going for a young SF wouldn't hurt with the pick,Keith Brumbaugh was a beast in JC and has the size to play in the NBA.

His maturity is also comparable to that of a 4 year old.
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 05:45 PM   #7
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Mavs need some new players. They have a bunch of cr@ppy role players far past their prime. Stackhouse needs to go he is total garbage he just chucks and airballs 3's. They can keep Kidd or possibly trade him(expirer) and get a very good player and move terry back to the point if anything. They definetly need help at Center. Brandon Bass is a good player though.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 12:30 AM   #8
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

I think Danny Green would be a good fit. He is a guy that accepts his role, plays well off the bench, plays hard, and can do a lot of things. He is very good on defense, and can shoot the ball. He is a really solid player who you know could play in the league as a role player. Sometimes I think guys like Green who are career role players, even in college, can make better role players than guys who are used to being the star. I am seeing a Morris Peterson type of player with less expectations.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: