Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Old 05-23-2008, 12:32 PM   #1
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far
Default How does this trade look?

The memphis grizzlies send over mike miller, and either jarvis critteton or kyle lowry. And a little money if needed. Like three million or so.

The sonics send fransisco elson and the fourth pick in the draft. Maybe another player depending on making the money work.

What do you think?
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:02 PM   #2
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How does this trade look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
The memphis grizzlies send over mike miller, and either jarvis critteton or kyle lowry. And a little money if needed. Like three million or so.

The sonics send fransisco elson and the fourth pick in the draft. Maybe another player depending on making the money work.

What do you think?

no thanks

we need a first rate point or center

miller and jarvis would just be decent bench players; it isnt worthy of the fourth pick
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:56 PM   #3
jailer
MillionDollarException

Did you forget that miller won sixth man of the year. He is a great role player. And could come in and be the second best player on your team. Javaris wants to run a team and is very talented. The problem here is that we have three young point guards. We can lose one of these players. You guys have no second scoring option and no playmaking guard. Besides ridnour who has fallen out of the rotation. I think it works on both ends.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:50 PM   #4
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Did you forget that miller won sixth man of the year. He is a great role player. And could come in and be the second best player on your team. Javaris wants to run a team and is very talented. The problem here is that we have three young point guards. We can lose one of these players. You guys have no second scoring option and no playmaking guard. Besides ridnour who has fallen out of the rotation. I think it works on both ends.

this cannot be denied

do you think presti and co. imploded the team in order to win today? do you think that the reason to trade (no give) away all our vets at the end of last season was to improve?

no, it was to marginalize the seattle fan base in order to more easily move to okc

luke is a local favorite and washington native and had decent seasons up until last year. after his injury, p.j. would not give him consistent minutes nor did he define his role. luke lost a lot of confidence through it all

it is all a concerted effort to tank

i doubt if part of the plan is to take a 27 year old miller whose numbers have dipped since winning the 6th man award

we will probaby package more of the lower picks for someone with more of an upside than miller

crittenton fascinates me still; but not enough to give up the fourth pick. i havent seen the salary numbers, but i would give ya earl w for him plus a second round pick

what say you?
Old 05-24-2008, 04:21 PM   #5
jailer
MillionDollarException

Earl left here years ago. Because he thought he was good enough to start. He is a feisty defender and gets the ocassional dunk. But his offense is worst then lowrys. I think both the sonics and the grizzlies are in a huge rebuilding phase. To think about it now the grizz would have a better shot at trading to a playoff contender that dosent need the lottery pick.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:47 PM   #6
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Earl left here years ago. Because he thought he was good enough to start. He is a feisty defender and gets the ocassional dunk. But his offense is worst then lowrys. I think both the sonics and the grizzlies are in a huge rebuilding phase. To think about it now the grizz would have a better shot at trading to a playoff contender that dosent need the lottery pick.

earl is best off the bench-- good energy and defense as you mentioned

but he is not a decent starter

i felt badly for you grizz fans after the organization gave away pau. it was a total throwaway trade. if you have an all star, you ought to get at least 90% of what that player is

the lakers are laughing their way to the finals
Old 05-27-2008, 02:55 PM   #7
jailer
MillionDollarException

What hurts worse is that other fans love to mention that we gave away pau. But they forget we didnt give him away! We are just the fans that got screwed over.

Do you think seattle will take bayless?
Old 05-27-2008, 06:37 PM   #8
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
What hurts worse is that other fans love to mention that we gave away pau. But they forget we didnt give him away! We are just the fans that got screwed over.

Do you think seattle will take bayless?

i would prefer the sonics package two of our current centers (swift, petro and/or sene) in a trade for anything

and then take brooke lopez

for point guards, i usually prefer a veteran as the point is the hardest positions to excel immediately for rookies
Old 05-28-2008, 05:02 PM   #9
paytonfan
I airball my layups

paytonfan has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
i would prefer the sonics package two of our current centers (swift, petro and/or sene) in a trade for anything

and then take brooke lopez

for point guards, i usually prefer a veteran as the point is the hardest positions to excel immediately for rookies

Agreed... look at my trade idea from the other thread (sorry should have put it in here)
paytonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:43 PM   #10
jailer
MillionDollarException

How man years in a row did seattle try and draft a big man Yet they al became busts and a waste of a high pick. Like four or five?
Old 05-28-2008, 08:18 PM   #11
paytonfan
I airball my layups

paytonfan has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
How man years in a row did seattle try and draft a big man Yet they al became busts and a waste of a high pick. Like four or five?

Long live the big man experiment!!!!!!
paytonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:38 AM   #12
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by paytonfan
Long live the big man experiment!!!!!!

haha its very hit or miss when it comes to big men. Keep rolling the dice seattle.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:00 PM   #13
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:

but none have been as high as #4

swift's injuries have been his problem-- there is no way to foresee that
Old 06-06-2008, 08:41 PM   #14
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
but none have been as high as #4

swift's injuries have been his problem-- there is no way to foresee that
Who have they taken though? Swift, Sene, Petro are the three right? Or am I forgetting someone?

As for the trade idea, I can't see the Sonics accepting that trade. They would probably want more in return if they are dealing away the 4th pick because I believe that whichever player they take with the 4th pick (Bayless, Mayo etc...) will be better then either Miller or Crittenton.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:58 PM   #15
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
Who have they taken though? Swift, Sene, Petro are the three right? Or am I forgetting someone?

As for the trade idea, I can't see the Sonics accepting that trade. They would probably want more in return if they are dealing away the 4th pick because I believe that whichever player they take with the 4th pick (Bayless, Mayo etc...) will be better then either Miller or Crittenton.

I think those are the right centers.

What I dont get is that people think that if we offered that to miami that we would be on the losing end. But if we offer seattle the same trade their on the losing end. I dont really get that.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: