Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 08-21-2006, 11:07 AM   #1
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Will the Nets Ever pick up a 4 who can rebound and play D?

With the injury to Josh Boone sidelining him fer la forseeable future do u think the NEts will make a run at MElvin Ely or Reggie Williams when they get Deshawn Stevensonned because their contract demands are too much.

Uncle Cliffy is aiight but the NEts have not had a competent rebounding big man since the days of Jaimie Feick and Jayson Williams.

<I ommited Kenyon cause I always thought his game was a lot of chestpuffery, he could have been the richman's Charles Oakley but he wasn't>

I see RJ JKidd gettin a little too much wear and tear goin into the lane for rebounds, especially with Larry FRank seeming to have a hatred for bench players.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:30 AM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

the Nets are just fine for rebounding. they are +0.5 in RPG.

then again, that does cry for improvement.

Collins is always in position for rebounds, but he often blocks off the offensive rebound so one of the guards on the Nets can grab it.

COllins gest 5RPG, but if he polished his offensive game to grab some offensive boards, he could easily snag 2 more rpg and people would stop calling him useless.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:29 PM   #3
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
With the injury to Josh Boone sidelining him fer la forseeable future do u think the NEts will make a run at MElvin Ely or Reggie Williams when they get Deshawn Stevensonned because their contract demands are too much.

Uncle Cliffy is aiight but the NEts have not had a competent rebounding big man since the days of Jaimie Feick and Jayson Williams.

<I ommited Kenyon cause I always thought his game was a lot of chestpuffery, he could have been the richman's Charles Oakley but he wasn't>

I see RJ JKidd gettin a little too much wear and tear goin into the lane for rebounds, especially with Larry FRank seeming to have a hatred for bench players.
Deshawn Stevenson???????

They're good...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 04:37 PM   #4
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

BlockShot has an OK reputation so far

Kevin Garnett there's something to think about..but then you guy will for sure havta give up VC JKidd or RJ
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 04:47 PM   #5
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

KG sucks. Mr "play only for 3 quarters"
Old 08-21-2006, 05:08 PM   #6
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

BlockShot has an OK reputation so far

his stats are pretty impressive for 3 quarters dont you think
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 08:19 PM   #7
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockShot
his stats are pretty impressive for 3 quarters dont you think

doesn't make the playoffs
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 03:35 PM   #8
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Webster's defines being DeShawn Stevensonned as opting out of a contract/ or entering free-agency thinkin' you are gwan to get paid a gang of cash only to be given the cold shoulder by teams and having to accept a pact way below market value.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:26 PM   #9
Nygher
Banned

Nygher has an OK reputation so far

Mind you that the Nets had Shareef Abdur-Rahim for a day then they didn't like the trade so they voided it and sent Rahim back to Portland, where he would later sign with Sacramento.
Nygher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 05:24 AM   #10
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygher
Mind you that the Nets had Shareef Abdur-Rahim for a day then they didn't like the trade so they voided it and sent Rahim back to Portland, where he would later sign with Sacramento.

I think that was a poor move by the Nets, letting him go. He could defend and score. Kristic could play center and Rahim pf, but that's just lost opportunity. So get k-mart, well that's not going to happen eather.
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:09 AM   #11
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re:

SAR had scar tissue which probably would not be an impediment, but... with the NEts experiences with ALonzo Mourning, they did not want to take a chance wit ha possible long term injury, especially since SAR wanted a 6 year deal.

this was done from a business standpoint and JAson Kidd okayed it afterward. i think, personally, SAR has subpar defense.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:28 AM   #12
Internet
Kids at the park dunk on me

Internet has an OK reputation so far

They should have kept Shareef IMO, he was perfect for the Nets. The scar tissue he played with his whole career so no big deal there. Nets would be the team in the east nobody wanted to play with him cos he fills their biggist hole, and he is a good defender I thought. But im not complaining cos I dont like the Nets
Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 06:56 PM   #13
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

RichMo has decent reputationRichMo has decent reputation
Default Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher

Kenyon Martin not good? You gotta be kidding me! Kenyon grabbed so many boards. More importantly, he would give it up to Kidd right away to start the break. He would also finish a lot of those fast breaks dunking on someones mouth. He could also post some one up. He could face them up. He could evan hit the 10-15 foot jumper. I liked Charles Oakley and have a lot of respect for the man but, He is no Kenyon Martin. Lets go through it one time.

Offensive rebounding- K-Mart
Defensive rebounding- K-Mart
Pick and rolls- K-Mart
Running the floor-KMart
Passing- Oak Tree
Shooting-Oak Tree
Low post scoring-K-Mart
Block shots-K-Mart
Defense-K-Mart
better athlete-K-Mart
Enforcer-Tie (Remember..Oak was tough but, Mason & Ewing had his back) K-Mart enforced on his own.
better Dunker_K-Mart

K-Mart 10 Oak Tree-3
Both Awesome players
If you still disagree with my K-Mart opinions, Check out the K-Mart montage on YouTube.com (Sick Dunks & Blocks)
Know your Nets Kid.
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 07:14 PM   #14
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re:

it was not just the boards. it was fierce man to man defense.

Martin could guard all 5 positions (though that would depend on how fast or strong the guards and centers are), play tremendous help defense, and swat shots.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:36 PM   #15
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

RichMo has decent reputationRichMo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
it was not just the boards. it was fierce man to man defense.

Martin could guard all 5 positions (though that would depend on how fast or strong the guards and centers are), play tremendous help defense, and swat shots.
TRUE DAT.
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: