Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-30-2008, 06:03 PM   #1
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far
Default Which top draft pick will be a bust?

Who do you think is going to be a bust once they get into the NBA?

At this point I'm not sure who it will be, but it may be someone in the top ten because there is always one team in the draft that will make a bone head move.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 12:30 AM   #2
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Which top draft pick will be a bust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Crew
Who do you think is going to be a bust once they get into the NBA?

At this point I'm not sure who it will be, but it may be someone in the top ten because there is always one team in the draft that will make a bone head move.
deandre jordan
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 01:16 AM   #3
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

I don't think Eric Gordon, Anthony Randolph, JaVale McGee, or Kevin Love will live up to expectations. I also don't think Darrell Arthur, Mareese Speights, or DeAndre Jordan will be great players. Basically, I don't think this will be a very good draft, and if teams are expecting more than backups and poor starters, then they will not be happy.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 03:16 AM   #4
d_white089
Let's Go.....

d_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation here

Eric Gordon, Anthony Randolph, DeAndre Jordan.
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:15 AM   #5
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Any of the big name kids can be a bust because they all have significant flaws. Contrary to popular belief none of these guys are "can't miss" prospects.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 12:32 AM   #6
monthh
Local High School Star

I agree KO. Rose and Beasley are close, like Oden (injuries) and Durrant (defense, weight) last year, they are not sure fire prospects. After that all of these guys have major flaws.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:11 AM   #7
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Deandre Jordan, Javalee Mcgee, Roy Hibbert, Kevin Love and Joe Alexander.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:18 AM   #8
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Randolph will be a stud.

As for the rest I agree. Agree with KO King, though the only prospect I think can be an absolute star is OJ Mayo, and is the reason I want the Heat to trade down for him.
plowking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:32 PM   #9
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

Hold a gun to my head, first name i spit out is Deandre Jordan
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:10 AM   #10
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Roy Hibbert
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:15 PM   #11
jtfacts
I airball my layups

jtfacts has an OK reputation so far

Hmmm, Roy Hibbert a bust? I bet you thought JJ Reddick would be the best player in the NBA by now? Please don't confuse the college game with the pro game. Every time Hibbert touched the ball the referees was ready to call a offensive foul. Let me ask this board a simple question. Why was a guy shooting 60% only touching the ball a few times in the game? People question his agressiveness, but he could only be so agressive in the college game. There is very little "backing down" in the college game without a foul being called. In the NBA it is different.
jtfacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 03:39 PM   #12
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfacts
Hmmm, Roy Hibbert a bust? I bet you thought JJ Reddick would be the best player in the NBA by now? Please don't confuse the college game with the pro game. Every time Hibbert touched the ball the referees was ready to call a offensive foul. Let me ask this board a simple question. Why was a guy shooting 60% only touching the ball a few times in the game? People question his agressiveness, but he could only be so agressive in the college game. There is very little "backing down" in the college game without a foul being called. In the NBA it is different.
hibbert wont be a "bust" because not much is expected from him. he shot 60% but so did a lot of players. marreese speights shot 62%,scored more,and played less. david padgett from louisville shot 67% and you dont even see him on any mock. its his slow feet and inability to grab any kind of rebounds that will make him a so-so role player in the league,not his offensive aggressiveness.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:11 AM   #13
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfacts

Your right the NBA game there is more flopping and the players are better. That's fine you want to come to Hibbert's rescue, but maybe you should hold your tounge untill you see him play a few NBA games? And sorry, if it wasn't for his height, this guy wouldn't even be considered a solid NBA prospect. The guy is huge, and can't move for sh!t.

An NBA guard could go from the 3 point line to the basket before Hibbert could get from one side of the lane to the other.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:33 AM   #14
Hopper15
Serious playground baller

Hopper15 has not been impressing people

Brook Lopez, no quickness and no athleticism.
Hopper15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:43 AM   #15
monthh
Local High School Star

Hibbert is actually doesn't have half bad speed. Playing against smaller, quicker players in the Big East, he would often drive past guys. Hibbert also has nice touch on his shot, can pass the ball pretty well, and even handle the ball well for a guy his size. He is also good at blocking shots one-on-one, but that won't be the case so much in the NBA, and he isn't as good helping on D as he will need to be in the NBA. The main problem is that he is soft. He doesn't hustle for rebounds, he doesn't use his size well (and as jtfacts pointed out, that does have some to do with the college game), and I don't mean this to be offensive, but he plays kind of like a girl. He really reminds me of a younger Yao in this way.

The thing that I think really keeps him from being a much higher pick is that you can't keep him on the court for much more than 20 or 25 minutes. Any more than that and he tires out and isn't as effective. If he plays for much more than a 5 or 6 minutes stretch, he will get tired and pick up stupid fools.

In the end I think you either start him and he splits time with a backup or comes off the bench and splits time with a starter. When he is in the game they get him the ball and see if he can create a couple of hoops for himself. He acts big on defense trying to alter shots, but not be too risky, and you teach him how to block out to grab boards. When you are using a lottery pick on a player, you are looking for a full time starter. With Hibbert I think almost everyone realizes that you are not going to get over 25mpg with him and that puts him a step below all the ohter centers right from the start.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: