Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2006, 11:34 AM   #1
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default My thoughs on Team USA's performance so far

They are kicking ass and taking NAMES. Wade's dunk and salute was amazing.

Wade, Bron, Melo, Paul, Howard are just doing the damn thing. USA is controlling the tempo and entertaining the fans/crowd. Team is focused, determined with the EYE on the prize.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:36 AM   #2
Kobe24
Banned
 
Kobe24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 14 NBA Championships
Posts: 6,188
Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool
Default

We have the EXACT same thread as this. Just put your opinon into that thread. You don't have to create a topic about everything that pops into your head.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:37 AM   #3
saKf
Roy = my new fave.
 
saKf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Not offended by low scores.
Posts: 4,206
saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

Anyone else have some thoughs on the US team?
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:39 AM   #4
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced
 
TheReturnofCed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cedville
Posts: 1,061
TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
We have the EXACT same thread as this. Just put your opinon into that thread. You don't have to create a topic about everything that pops into your head.

Exactally.

GoBB being an egomaniac. This stuff is just too hard to pass up. Jeff can you delete mine and Kobe24's posts and move GoBB's to Applenader's thread please?

Thanks Ced.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:42 AM   #5
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 583
dgbigballer9329 has an OK reputation so far
Default

No because GOBB is just doing the opposite of what AppleNader does, which is be hypercritical of our team. I like the thread, as it's true. F*ck all this skepticism, we're dominating teams and we are the best. As we'll continue to be for the rest of the tournament.
dgbigballer9329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:42 AM   #6
JordanPippenRodman
Banned
 
JordanPippenRodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: *
Posts: 642
JordanPippenRodman has no real reputation yet.
Default

double post, made the first post vanish.
JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:42 AM   #7
Peter MacIntosh
Banned
 
Peter MacIntosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dragon's Club Chairman,Jamaica
Posts: 23
Peter MacIntosh has no real reputation yet.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
Exactally.

GoBB being an egomaniac. This stuff is just too hard to pass up. Jeff can you delete mine and Kobe24's posts and move GoBB's to Applenader's thread please?

Thanks Ced.

^bati

Dun fight yerr own bahtulls
Peter MacIntosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:43 AM   #8
Peter MacIntosh
Banned
 
Peter MacIntosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dragon's Club Chairman,Jamaica
Posts: 23
Peter MacIntosh has no real reputation yet.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbigballer9329
No because GOBB is just doing the opposite of what AppleNader does, which is be hypercritical of our team. I like the thread, as it's true. F*ck all this skepticism, we're dominating teams and we are the best. As we'll continue to be for the rest of the tournament.

'e dunn know ya know

respect
Peter MacIntosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:45 AM   #9
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanPippenRodman
What do you guys think about Team USA being compromised of nothing but filthy rich people? think that plays a part on the court when the Americans are beating the snot out of peasants from China?

i always wondered how our filthy rich players on Team USA effected the game on the court. some of the other countries have piss poor members. i wonder if they get thrown off by the filthy rich, supremely confident Americans.

If those peasants want to make money come to America. If they want to be filthy rich learn how to play basketball at a higher level and TRY to make the elite basketball league on EARTH. Its really that simple. And when you claim its not, its hard well there is your answer. Those filthy rich people are doing something many cant do in an elite league that has been turned into a multi billion dollar entertainment industry. So accept it and enjoy Team USA whup ass because other teams have rich people as well. China included *cough*Yao Ming*cough*.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:45 AM   #10
JSub
Decent college freshman
 
JSub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,372
JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbigballer9329
No because GOBB is just doing the opposite of what AppleNader does, which is be hypercritical of our team. I like the thread, as it's true. F*ck all this skepticism, we're dominating teams and we are the best. As we'll continue to be for the rest of the tournament.

How can you be the best when you're not a defending world champion? Only Argentina has the right to say that, so until USA dethrones them, stop with the patriotic bullshiz.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:45 AM   #11
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,485
Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default

Havent been paying too much attention to the games.....Playing times are strange.....

Highlights look good tho.....Carmelo seems to be taking the lead....

keep up the good work...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:47 AM   #12
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?
 
ALBballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,675
ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbigballer9329
No because GOBB is just doing the opposite of what AppleNader does, which is be hypercritical of our team. I like the thread, as it's true. F*ck all this skepticism, we're dominating teams and we are the best. As we'll continue to be for the rest of the tournament.

Exactly. If you look at other teams boxcore, they are in no way dominating like us. PR just beat China by 5 and Greece (a supposed Powerhouse) beat Austrailia by 3. , I'm not saying we're the best, but all this pestimistic posts by Applenader and Chris Sheridan articles just seem like a way of getting attention, b/c most of the world knows we're the favorites.
ALBballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:48 AM   #13
Kobe24
Banned
 
Kobe24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 14 NBA Championships
Posts: 6,188
Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
If those peasants want to make money come to America. If they want to be filthy rich learn how to play basketball at a higher level and TRY to make the elite basketball league on EARTH. Its really that simple. And when you claim its not, its hard well there is your answer. Those filthy rich people are doing something many cant do in an elite league that has been turned into a multi billion dollar entertainment industry. So accept it and enjoy Team USA whup ass because other teams have rich people as well. China included *cough*Yao Ming*cough*.

Why are you excited? They played teams that are not even top 5 teams and allowed them to score so much. The real challenge is against teams like Spain,Argentina and Greece. Being excited over team usa beating these teams is like being excited that San Antonio beat ATL by 19 points.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:48 AM   #14
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?
 
ALBballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,675
ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
How can you be the best when you're not a defending world champion? Only Argentina has the right to say that, so until USA dethrones them, stop with the patriotic bullshiz.

Argentina won the Olympics, this is the World Championship. More teams and supposebly it's more competetive, so it's a new ballgame now.
ALBballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:49 AM   #15
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1
 
AppleNader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,307
AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanPippenRodman
that's how the repubs work. it may sound a little paranoid, but i wouldn't put it past the bush family...

the tv delivers powerful messages. think about how much time we devote to it. if you look at somebody watching tv, they look like a Zombie! they're being fed tons of information. Americans take pride in sports. And the government has found a way to tie patriotism for ones country into sports through the singing of songs such as God Bless America and our National Anthem. If one feels pride watching their hero Dwyane Wade, then they'll feel pride watching Wade salute the American troops. And we all know the American troops have a direct tie to the War on Terror. Sure, it sounds out there. but it is fun to think about. many wrong doings throughout American history sounded utterly blasphemous when first heard, but were later revealed to be truth.

AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:40 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy