Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-03-2008, 08:48 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Long, terrific interview with Bird and Magic today

http://www.insidehoops.com/bird-magi...e-060308.shtml

They talked current finals, old celtics/lakers stuff, and a zillion other things. Too long and good to post parts of here. The whole thing is worth skimming
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:51 PM   #2
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Long, terrific interview with Bird and Magic today

I'll bookmark and finish reading later. I would have fell asleep on the phone. You must have a cool job though Jeff. I would love to do that.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:53 PM   #3
LakersLaLaLand
Local High School Star

LakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this board

Magic makes a great point at the end of his 1st speaking part.

Different people are in the uni's. This isn't Magic, Worthy, Captain, Rambis, Bird, Mchale, Chief, Dj and the other personalites.

Anybody expecting a remake of the 80's games will be sorely disappointed. If i am wrong about this...we will all be happy.
LakersLaLaLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:58 PM   #4
juju151111
Very good NBA starter

juju151111 has not been impressing people

lmao larry said that houston kicked there ass and didnt give them a rematch in 86 and magic said the same with u guys when detriot beat u
juju151111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:57 PM   #5
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation

I feel bad for you, Jeff. I read it.

It may have been different over the phone but in writing... there is just way too much asskissing going on there between those two. They sure have many different ways to talk about how great they were.

Magic: Larry, you were the man!
Larry: No, it was you, Magic. But yeah, I was good.
Magic: But you were even better than me - not to say I wasn't good enough.
Larry: I was very good indeed, but you were the best.
Magic: No, I think you were the best - but I agree I was very good.
Larry: We both were the greatest.
Magic: Exactly.

elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:48 PM   #6
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I thought it was well done...

I dont think it was ass kissing... it was two rivals who are very reflective of the past, over 20 freaking years ago...who have learned to respect each other after competitive hate.

Those two were awesome to watch. Anyone have a youtube to the splitscreen NBA commercial of Magic/Bird???

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:25 AM   #8
KenneBell
What set you claim?

KenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation here

I'm still surprised at how highly Bird regards Kobe.
KenneBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:01 AM   #10
Ron Mexico
I make up lots of nonsense

Ron Mexico has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealFact25
Keep in mind Bird likes to drink beer, and that has clouded his judgment. I am betting he started drinking even more after the whole brawl in Detroit.

Ron Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:26 PM   #11
Da_Realist
College superstar

Da_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation here

I really enjoyed reading that. Thanks for posting.
Da_Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 03:50 PM   #12
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
That is a great article, props to Jeff for doing the interview, but it's not as great as this one:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3422313

Absolutely one of the greatest articles of all time. Anytime a sportswriter from a major publication rips a league-endorsed team, it's always a good article.

This article is actually one of the biggest piles of garbage I've read for a long time. It's semi-OK if it's written by a Boston fan wanting to just make fun of his rivals. Anything beyond this will find me (and many others) completely disagreeing.

"Frank Selvy was a nobody for the Lakers"
"L.A lost to Houston on purpose in 1986"
"Boston vs LA is not a real rivalry"

Total bull.
Psileas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 03:58 PM   #13
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation

Quote:
This article is actually one of the biggest piles of garbage I've read for a long time.

Finally. Someone with some common sense. Are we (you and me) the only ones who don't like it? Why is that? Maybe we are old enough to have seen those teams play back then and don't need these kinds of BSing?

This article was almost as awkward as Garnett's 'interview' with Bill Russell.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: