Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 06-07-2008, 09:53 PM   #1
Fudge
NBA Legend

Fudge is a pretty well-respected posterFudge is a pretty well-respected posterFudge is a pretty well-respected poster
Default The Offseason of hell

Post up some potential moves(as in Trades, Free Agent Signings, Draftees, etc) that you can see happening. Now let's keep it in the 'reality zone' folks.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 01:30 AM   #2
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: The Offseason of hell

Well I know Adelman said he was going to try to get some bigger guards, I heard we have a chance at getting Mike Miller, Michael Redd, or Ron Artest. Shane Battier, Chuck Hayes, and Luther Head, and Bobby Jackson are the names that have been floating around as far as getting traded. I also heard were getting Gerald Green back. This Offseason should be interesting.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:48 PM   #3
LutherHeadJob
Local High School Star

LutherHeadJob has an OK reputation so far

Head + 1st round for Mccants would help this team A LOT
LutherHeadJob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:39 AM   #4
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation

McCants would be an intersting player to get. 14.9pp in 26.9mpg but i doubt Timberwolves will let him go. I think they will try to build around the trio Jefferson-McCants-Foye.

One thing that bugs the hell out of me is scoring. we dont have another person outside yao and t-mac that dribble and create their own shots especially somebody off the bench. We need a third person that can score on their own. Ive been looking at Corey Maggette and J.R. Smith. Michael Redd or Mike Miller would also be intersting.

Something like..

Rockets trade:
PG: Rafer Alston and 1st round draft pick

Nuggets trade:
G: J.R. Smith and Steven Hunter

Denver might feel like they are losing too much by letting go of J.R. Smith but they are desperate for a point guard. They can score the ball, but they cant manage their leads or play defense, but thats a different story i cant help em on dat.

Houston gets instant offense off the bench. Smith is also dangerous frombeyond the arch. Steven Hunter's should make the deal work but also, he is a 7'0 feet tall. he should make a decent backup for Yao.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:11 AM   #5
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Trade Scenerios. Keep in my mind, the team were trading for has to be interested in what we are giving and the salary has to work. Also that I am neither a GM or agent so, Im just trying :)

Feel free to criticize, comment, or adjust the trades

For Ron Artest
Rockets trade:
F: Shane Battier
G: Bobby Jackson
F: Luis Scola (attract the Kings)

Kings trade
F: Ron Artest
F/C: Shelden Williams (backup center)

For Corey Maggette
Rockets trade:
G: Rafer Alston (need point guard)
F: Luis Scola (attract clippers because of potential)
G: Luther Head
1st round pick

Clippers trade:
F: Corey Maggette (He is their offense so i dont know how the clips will feel about the trade. Really it matters if corey wants out.)

For Mike Miller
Rockets trade:

F: Luis Scola
G: Bobby Jackson (makes the trade work and he is an expiring contract)
F:Steve Novak
1st round pick

Grizzlies trade
F: Mike Miller

For Michael Redd if we dont trade T-mac, this is assuming Buck just want to rebuild without Redd.

Rockets trade:
G: Bobby Jackson (last year of contract)
F: Luis Scola (potential, attact Bucks)
1st round draft pick

a third team would have to get involved because the i dont think the contracts would match up. I had Battier up there but come to think of it, we might be giving up too much with battier. any thoughts?

Bucks trade:
G: Michael Redd (positive: pure shooter, should get alot of shots from Yao and T-mac) (negative: we now have 3 stars, 3 injury prone stars)

... Kinda off the top of the dome, really hard to put thougt into it when your not sure what other teams feel about your players and their players value.

Last edited by Jordandunk23 : 06-09-2008 at 08:33 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:16 PM   #6
Jordandunk23
Rockets

rodney stuckey is also on my radar, could be a very special player
Old 06-10-2008, 03:42 AM   #7
LutherHeadJob
Local High School Star

I really want Artest because he is the only person that we can involve Battier in a deal with, not that i want battier gone but it is going to be hard to get someone like Artest with just Expirers. Artest can defend the best player on the other team and create for himself, he is a headcase but we got people like Yao and Tmac who are chilled guys, should fine.

Now if we get mccants on top of that barring injury we should make the finals

Man if only things turned out the way we wanted....
Old 06-11-2008, 03:56 AM   #8
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

Bobby Jackson and Shane Battier works straight up for Michael Redd by itself.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...10&te= &cash=
Old 06-14-2008, 03:01 AM   #9
LutherHeadJob
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
Bobby Jackson and Shane Battier works straight up for Michael Redd by itself.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...10&te= &cash=

We can't trade Battier unless he is invovled in getting Artest, if we do that trade hwo is going to defend the Lebrons and Kobes?

Plus Redd is just as injury prone as Tmac and Yao
Old 06-14-2008, 05:22 AM   #10
Q.E.C
нυєy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LutherHeadJob
We can't trade Battier unless he is invovled in getting Artest, if we do that trade hwo is going to defend the Lebrons and Kobes?

Plus Redd is just as injury prone as Tmac and Yao

I was just saying, instead of giving up Bobby Jackson, Luis Scola, and a 1st round pick, that right there works.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:13 PM   #11
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
I was just saying, instead of giving up Bobby Jackson, Luis Scola, and a 1st round pick, that right there works.

yeah but thats why i suggested a third team involved or an alternate solution because we cant get rid of battier... but its true, the main concern if we do this trade is that we end up with 3 injury prone superstars.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:58 PM   #12
CAYO
Serious playground baller

CAYO has an OK reputation so far

This Is My Idea Francis Head And Jackson (expiring Contracts)to The Pacers For Troy Murphy(Bad Contract) And The 11 Pick The Pacers Save At Least 25 Million I Think Is A Good Trade For Both Teams

Alston
Tmc
Battier
Murphy
Yao

Bench

Brooks
Landry
Scola
CAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 02:13 PM   #13
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've heard so many trade rumors so far. One that continues to pop up all over the place is:

Shane Battier
Chuck Hayes

for

Hedo Turkey-glue
J.J. Reddick

This is from a plethra of fan sites, from both teams. Though as far as I know the actuall organizations themselves have not discussed anything.

This would be a bad trade IMO because JJ Reddick has done nothing, so it would basically be Hayes and Battier for Hedo. And that's too much value.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:16 AM   #14
Fudge
NBA Legend

Fudge is a pretty well-respected posterFudge is a pretty well-respected posterFudge is a pretty well-respected poster

PT is screening Redick's chances of being, at the very least, a solid role player. Seriously now, who knows how far his full potential can reach. Dude was beastin' it at Duke.

Anyone hear about that Maggette-for-Battier, Head, and Pick swap? Rumor that is. It's been going around for a bit now.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:25 AM   #15
Jordandunk23
Rockets

come to think of it i just enjoy hearing about and making fantasy trades... truth is rockets probably wont make any big moves!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: