Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-15-2008, 06:19 PM   #1
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Metal Gear Solid 4

I take it this wont be coming on xbox 360

Anyone play it for ps3? Holy crap, it has me literally wanting to buy the ps3 package. Game is sick.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:12 PM   #2
~LA's fine$t~
WIF Champion

~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Metal Gear Solid 4

I am waiting for my Ps3 (80GB) with this game to come late June.
It got a perfect score on IGN, a site that hasn't given out a perfect score since 1999 (Soul Caliber), GTA 4 and MGS 4 both received that honor.

Can't wait.
~LA's fine$t~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:23 PM   #3
~LA's fine$t~
WIF Champion

~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here

Gamespot.com also gave this game a perfect 10.
~LA's fine$t~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:16 PM   #4
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

It's funny, I don't see the point in buying anything less than the 80 gig system the way the articles I'm reading are saying that the new games are taking up to 5 gigs of memory space on the PS3 hard drive.

But I've also been adamant that I won't spend $500 on a video game system.

Weird thing is though, I saw the price of Blue Ray players, and lately I'm thinking the price of a PS3 isn't that bad afterall.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:46 PM   #5
gyu
Good college starter

gyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
It's funny, I don't see the point in buying anything less than the 80 gig system the way the articles I'm reading are saying that the new games are taking up to 5 gigs of memory space on the PS3 hard drive.

But I've also been adamant that I won't spend $500 on a video game system.

Weird thing is though, I saw the price of Blue Ray players, and lately I'm thinking the price of a PS3 isn't that bad afterall.

Mathius
Well most games don't take up ~5gb of space so that's why the option for a 40gb is there.
And I'm not sure if you've been a MGS fan before or not, but Hideo Kojima always over achieves for his games which probably explains the reason for the install because he's maxed out the capacity of the blu-ray disc (he's complained about that problem earlier in the year).
But yeah if you are looking for a blu-ray player, the ps3 is the best one for your dollar.

Oh and for those who are going "OMGzzzz ~5gb install!!! its gonna take foreverrrrr", it really doesn't take that long, about 7-8 minutes.

Last edited by gyu : 06-17-2008 at 02:01 AM.
gyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:06 PM   #6
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yes MGS4 takes 5.7gb of space, but I wouldnt be too worried about fillilng up a 40gb too fast. I havent heard of any other games taking up anywhere near that amount of space.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:47 PM   #7
Mathius

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
Yes MGS4 takes 5.7gb of space, but I wouldnt be too worried about fillilng up a 40gb too fast. I havent heard of any other games taking up anywhere near that amount of space.

That's not true. That's what I was trying to say. All the newer games are taking up huge amounts of space. The latest Devil May Cry takes 4.7gigs. GameInformer did a list. I could get it if you're really that interested, but the point being, that 40 gig is going to fill up fast. At roughly 5 gigs apiece, that's 8 games.

BTW, I've played every Metal Gear except Twin Snakes (game cube only) and the handheld versions, including the UK only Nintendo releases that were re-released with MGS3 Substance. Great stuff from Konami every time.

Snake Eater was amazing. MGS3 Substance isn't worth the extra dough, unless you really have to have those extra 8-bit nintendo games. The camera option is really unnecessary. The camera in Snake Eater was fine once you got used to it.

Mathius
Old 06-20-2008, 09:18 AM   #8
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

The game itself is amazing.

That said, the cutscenes piss me off to no end. Seriously, I'm sick of watching 15 minutes worth of moronic stuff 14-year-olds regard as cool. I'm also tired of the game's juvenile mangesque setting (guys flashing dramatic poses every coupla seconds, white haired mullets, half-undressed female researchers, the lot).
And please get outta my face with those childish jokes. I know the game is Japanese, but you can't try to be mega-cynical about the "war economy" and have characters literary crap their pants for comic relief at the same time.

Apart from that, great game.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:58 AM   #9
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

a lot of the games take a few gigs, BUT, you play about 4-5 at a time and then you REMOVE them

how hard is that really?

you can't possibly tell me that you are playing so many games that you are filling up 40gb of space just like that
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:37 PM   #10
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

Addendum to my rant:

So well, I'm one of the bosses, a raving mad female victim of war crimes. I live only to inflict pain on others and to kill the game's hero.
But, as I'm also and completely coincidentally stunningly beautiful, I of course owe it to myself and the player to spot perfectly coiffeured hair. I am also wearing make-up under my full face camo mask.

I just wish the game didn't rely so heavily on fulfilling pubescent boys' dreams. Really.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:32 PM   #11
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
a lot of the games take a few gigs, BUT, you play about 4-5 at a time and then you REMOVE them

how hard is that really?

you can't possibly tell me that you are playing so many games that you are filling up 40gb of space just like that

Yeah, ok. I said the same thing about the hard drives on my computer.

Now I'm looking into getting a terabyte (sp?) drive.

Mathius
Old 06-20-2008, 09:11 PM   #12
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

40gb is fine for me. You can always upgrade it yourself, 100-125$ can get you a 200gb one...

The 40gb version currently also has the better chip, runs cooler and more efficient.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:39 PM   #13
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't know how other people use their systems but i basically just play through one game at a time. The only things that STAY saved on my memory are basketball rosters and stuff. But as far as saved game files, I play through one game, then when i finish that i move on to the next game. If i get to the poitn where I need more memory I just delete the oldest game that i beat. I would def. never buy anything over the 40 gig.

I've had the thing for 7 months now and I've only used up about 4-5 gigs at the most.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:15 PM   #14
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
40gb is fine for me. You can always upgrade it yourself, 100-125$ can get you a 200gb one...

The 40gb version currently also has the better chip, runs cooler and more efficient.

It's upgradable? This is the first I've heard of this. What does it take? An internal SATA drive?

Mathius
Old 06-20-2008, 10:27 PM   #15
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yea you need an internal 2.5 size SATA HD ... also doesn't void your warranty.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: