Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-16-2008, 08:17 AM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Default bill walker reinjures knee

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=3445779
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:35 AM   #2
Qlippers
Decent playground baller

Default Re: bill walker reinjures knee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246

He's had knee injuries over his career, I don't know if a team will take that chance in the 1st round. I think he should go back to school
Qlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:35 AM   #3
Qlippers
Decent playground baller

Quote:

He's had knee injuries over his career, I don't know if a team will take that chance in the 1st round. I think he should go back to school
Qlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:57 AM   #4
Interminator
Banned

He needs to return to school because he will have the chance to be the "star" player next season at Kansas State and if his body is in as good of shape as it is now he could improve his stock next season espescially if he can be more consistent shooting jumpers and from behind the arc.

Because if he's a 2nd round pick,there is a chance he will have to fight for a roster spot in the summer league and/or spend the entire season in the D-League.

Then theres always a chance that a team trades up for him early in the 2nd round and values him like a 1st rounder and will give him a spot in their rotation.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:13 PM   #5
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

If he goes back to K State, he can be a 22ppg scorer. Michael Beasley's 26ppg scoring will be hard to make up...and anyone who watched this team play last year knows how hard it is for them to score. There was one game Beasley and Walker had all besides what, 6 points in the starting lineup?
Old 06-16-2008, 12:20 PM   #6
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
If he goes back to K State, he can be a 22ppg scorer. Michael Beasley's 26ppg scoring will be hard to make up...and anyone who watched this team play last year knows how hard it is for them to score. There was one game Beasley and Walker had all besides what, 6 points in the starting lineup?
If Walker averages 22 PPG it's going to seriously sacrific his FG% and then bring up the questions whether he's just a volume scorer.

You also have to remember that he's going to be playing out of position at the 4 next season which may help him develop a decent post game but it's not going to help him defensively if he's dropped weight.

He's going to make his decision at the last minute so hopefully he knows whats best.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:27 PM   #7
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
If Walker averages 22 PPG it's going to seriously sacrific his FG% and then bring up the questions whether he's just a volume scorer.

You also have to remember that he's going to be playing out of position at the 4 next season which may help him develop a decent post game but it's not going to help him defensively if he's dropped weight.

He's going to make his decision at the last minute so hopefully he knows whats best.
I think the question of whether he's just a volume scorer has already been brought up. If he was anything more than that he wouldn't be at the end of the 1st round. He's not a great passer, defender, or outside shooter. Just a a scorer, that's pretty much it.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:32 PM   #8
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

He has announced he will stay in the draft, despite the knee injury...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=3446626
Old 06-16-2008, 03:52 PM   #9
AAD
I brick open layups

he might of got a promise from someone
AAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:55 PM   #10
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAD
he might of got a promise from someone
That promise shouldn't be worth anything if you injure your knee a couple days later, ESPECIALLY if you've already had knee problems.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:47 PM   #11
disco
Great young streetballer

I don't believe in promises (in 99% of cases, there's no point for a team to "promise") especially when it's a "post-lottery promise". In a draft like this year's there can be surprises and if someone in the region 20-30 "promises" Walker they'll pick him, what happens if someone like Jordan or Anthony drops? It's not likely, but every year there's someone who "drops" over 10 places from consensus mocks.

I think the real reason why he stays in is because he is an NBA player by heart. And whether it's a lottery pick (which I think could still happen, or at least could have happened before the injury) or a second round pick, it's 100% sure Walker will play in NBA next year and he will be there for at least the next 5 years. He simply decided to turn pro and he will become a pro. Whether it's lottery money or second round money, it's still nice money and he's a kind of player who believes in himself and is sure that he will make it in the NBA.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:08 PM   #12
d_white089
Let's Go.....

If he falls out of the first round, and if he can stay somewhat healthy, someone is getting an absolute steal.
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:48 AM   #13
thesportsking21
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Personally I think that walker would be a Great fit in detroit coming off the bench to rest Tayshaun....With that you would get a backup cast of Stucky/Walker/Acker/Amir Johnson/Jason Maxiell which is loaded with future potential. This would be a very smart move for Joey Dumars
thesportsking21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:07 PM   #14
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

I've heard of detroit being interested in bill walker. imo i dont think he'd be a great fit, especially after you drafted afflalo last year and signed jarvis hayes. i don't think he's going to give you any more production this year than those guys would.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:32 PM   #15
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
I've heard of detroit being interested in bill walker. imo i dont think he'd be a great fit, especially after you drafted afflalo last year and signed jarvis hayes. i don't think he's going to give you any more production this year than those guys would.
I believe Hayes is a free agent. Walker is also a lot bigger than AA and has more potential. If he falls to them at #29, I would call that a huge steal. He could be a very good player if he his knee doesn't become an issue.

But if they take him, he would likely take Hayes' spot in the rotation.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: