Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-24-2006, 07:17 AM   #1
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool
Default USA vs Bogut

From the looks of Australia's previous box scores, it's seeming unlikely that this will be a very competitive game. I'm looking forward to seeing Bogut again (and hopefully some progress out of him) though.

Will the US double Bogut consistently since he's their only player? If so, we probably won't see much scoring out of him. Hopefully his guards can knock down open shots.

Anybody seen Australia play?
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:21 AM   #2
sydneyking
Banned

sydneyking has not been impressing people

USA should win comfortably but I'll always have hope. With that said, Australia should really be 4-1 (the losses to Turkey and especially Greece resulted from mainly stupid errors).
sydneyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:24 AM   #3
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
From the looks of Australia's previous box scores, it's seeming unlikely that this will be a very competitive game. I'm looking forward to seeing Bogut again (and hopefully some progress out of him) though.

Will the US double Bogut consistently since he's their only player? If so, we probably won't see much scoring out of him. Hopefully his guards can knock down open shots.

Anybody seen Australia play?

Australia is undersized and CJ Bruton is the only one that steps up. Bogut has too much pressure placed on him IMO.

Jason Smith is streaky, and the team really needs Bradtke and Gaze back. Bradtke would be the perfect compliment to Bogut, or Anstey would do it well. Where's Ben Pepper too? Instead they have Russell "freakin" Hinder, who played for my local team that I made. Damn chump.

Australia has some hope against the Americans, but it depends on how well the role players play, they need to play big on D and have good shooting games. Bogut and Bruton will bring their games but its the others that need to perform. Bogut plays very well in the high-post for Aussie too, his passing is amazing. Very Vlade. He looks lost on D though.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:50 AM   #4
Run&Gun=Fun
128 time NBA All Star

Run&Gun=Fun has decent reputation

America will bully Aussie off the court...They have too many skinny youngsters.
Run&Gun=Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:52 AM   #5
Milkman

Bradtke and Gaze are retired (Bradtke still plays NBL).

Australias best shot is CJ Bruton playing well for us and a couple shooters (Smith, Worthington and Newley) getting really really hot. Ive seen all the Australian games, even a couple live and Bogut hasnt impressed me much, cant believe he was the number 1 pick as he rarely looks like the best player on the floor in all the games i saw even against crappy teams.

Biggest knock i have on Bogut from seeing him in international play is that he has been unable to establish himself in the low post and he passes too much when we need him aggressive.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:53 AM   #6
Milkman

Also watch out for Mackinnon to get a double dub against the usa
Old 08-24-2006, 07:55 AM   #7
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman
Bradtke and Gaze are retired (Bradtke still plays NBL).

I mean they need those type of players, guys with some experience, and not just atheltic freaks like Sam Mac.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:01 AM   #8
Milkman

Mackinnon hasnt been an athletic freak for ages now (prolly around the last 6-7 years) because he done both his knees and had surgery. Now he doesnt have much hops but he's a lot bigger and stronger than his athletic days
Old 08-24-2006, 08:05 AM   #9
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman
Mackinnon hasnt been an athletic freak for ages now (prolly around the last 6-7 years) because he done both his knees and had surgery. Now he doesnt have much hops but he's a lot bigger and stronger than his athletic days

I don't watch a lot of him mind you. I don't like the beard either. He seems like a more talented version of Dillon Boucher, I used to view him as a similar level talent to Darnell Mee
Old 08-24-2006, 08:41 AM   #10
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

clearly the goal of this thread is to connect the careers of Bogut and LeBron, which is a clear indication of Bogut's desire to learn Mandarin Chinese
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:49 AM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I still hate Bogut for what he said about Kobe before he got drafted.

I cant believe a rookie actually tried to call out Kobe. And look what happened Kobe went off on the bucks (as he did with every other team)

And USA will kill Australia.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 09:11 AM   #12
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

Hate is a strong word. Way to hold grudges. I could mention quite a bit about Kobe, but I don't hold grudges.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:34 AM   #13
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

I cant believe a rookie actually tried to call out Kobe. And look what happened Kobe went off on the bucks (as he did with every other team)

So basically you've admitted to being a 5 year old. Good job.

I've been following Australia throughout the tourney...they will live and die by the three against the US. They don't matchup very well here. The US guards are gonna own the court. I'm just looking for Bogut to have a strong game.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:36 PM   #14
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
get a life, bozo. you should appreciate that he's got the balls to say what he feels, if you think he's the only player in this league who thinks that then you're delusional.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:11 PM   #15
eboloid
Flash Gordo

eboloid has an OK reputation so far

I hope Australia lose in a close game decided by a Bruton turnover. I absolutely can't stand that guy.
eboloid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: