Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-17-2008, 03:03 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Chad Ford Mock Draft 5.0

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ckDraft-080617
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:16 PM   #2
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Chad Ford Mock Draft 5.0

I really hope OJ Mayo does not land in Minnesota.

Last edited by Mr_Basketball#1 : 06-17-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:04 PM   #3
Blackeagle
I hit open layups

Blackeagle has an OK reputation so far

Mayo absolutely fills a need in minnesota - he's a shooting guard, which we need since brewer will be a 3 and mccants seems to have a personality conflict with the coaching staff and will probably be traded, and foye is the point guard (needs the ball to be effective, can't guard 2's)

More importantly, he's probably the most talented player available. And don't dismiss the fact that the timberwolves need some excitement, which mayo brings.

Now Kevin Love, he's a bad fit. He's unable to play the 5, which is our biggest position of need, and Al shouldn't be playing the 5 either. Al is our best offensive player, and you don't want him matched up against bigger guys in the paint if you can avoid it. And one of the strongest parts of Love's game is his outlet passing, which is really only utilized on the fast break - wolves have been at or near the bottom of the league in fast break points for years, and will remain that way until they get a new coaching staff.

Brook Lopez just isn't particularly good and doesn't excite anyone. His passion for the game of basketball is also questionable.

I've been saying for months that the wolves should take mayo at 3, and it looks like people nationally are finally catching on.
Blackeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:37 AM   #4
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

that mock draft is getting more logical- i like lee to the magic, thouh i really liked lester hudson to them, hought i saw he was going back to school?

you never win cheering for the draft- from last year to the middle of this one im hoping for westbrook to the nugs- way to high now- so i switch to ajinca and for now he is at #20 to the nuggets- i love that pick, but now he is sure to move up

one time when i was hoping for either one of josh smith or jr smith i watch the whole dreft and then boom 2 &3 picks before nugs are up they both go- so the next year i think im lowering my hopes and have hakim warrick picked as the future nug and he goes one spot before the nugs pick

befor that was the year i was hoping for a pf named amare and we got one named skita- and then got another pick and took another pf- nene who i would be thrilled with as the other pick besides amare- or even the crowd fav that year caron butler and amare or even nene

oh dont get me started on when the nugs picked raef lafrentz- i remember everyone really wanted paul peirce- would have loved dirk also & been happier w vince or jamison too

the only time you know the draft will be good is when the nba gives you one of the players- like the best day in nugs history when we got melo- the rest of the picks can be such crapshoots

even this guy is saying randolph should be taken at 4 but might slide all the way to sac at 12- wich would be great, but guys that good and tall seem to "move up" somehow-its why ive given up on ajinca at 20

the "this isnt what it should be, its what it will be" is kind of like a week copout- shouldnt you do what "should" be done so why not put what they should pick- wont they end up doint that??
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:57 AM   #5
d_white089
Let's Go.....

d_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation here

I donno how well Alexander would fit in Milwaukee with Villy and Yi. I'd rather see him go to NY.
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:36 PM   #6
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't care how bad Deandre Jordan's workouts are or how bad his work ethic is. He is not dropping to 21.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:37 PM   #7
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
I don't care how bad Deandre Jordan's workouts are or how bad his work ethic is. He is not dropping to 21.
Agreed.

I'd be surprised if he made it out of the top 10. Back end of the lottery at worst.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:23 PM   #8
RobertSwift31
High School JV MVP

RobertSwift31 has an OK reputation so far

Ford has used the same picks / explanations for the sonics for his past few drafts. I wish he at least updated the explanations with new Info. I've been reading the same thing about Serge Ibaka at 24 since 1.0. Just put some effort in and give a few updates
RobertSwift31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:50 PM   #9
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertSwift31
Ford has used the same picks / explanations for the sonics for his past few drafts. I wish he at least updated the explanations with new Info. I've been reading the same thing about Serge Ibaka at 24 since 1.0. Just put some effort in and give a few updates
same with the sixers takin marreese speights. I don't mind them taking him every mock because I want the sixers to take him, but some updated info would be good
Old 06-18-2008, 05:59 PM   #10
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Yeah, he's had the Rockets taking Batum for almost a month.

I think he's just too lazy to change it.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:25 PM   #11
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertSwift31
Thats because you will be drafting Jerryd Bayless at #4.

Theres nothing more he can say about it.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:15 PM   #12
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackeagle
Mayo absolutely fills a need in minnesota - he's a shooting guard, which we need since brewer will be a 3 and mccants seems to have a personality conflict with the coaching staff and will probably be traded, and foye is the point guard (needs the ball to be effective, can't guard 2's)

More importantly, he's probably the most talented player available. And don't dismiss the fact that the timberwolves need some excitement, which mayo brings.

Now Kevin Love, he's a bad fit. He's unable to play the 5, which is our biggest position of need, and Al shouldn't be playing the 5 either. Al is our best offensive player, and you don't want him matched up against bigger guys in the paint if you can avoid it. And one of the strongest parts of Love's game is his outlet passing, which is really only utilized on the fast break - wolves have been at or near the bottom of the league in fast break points for years, and will remain that way until they get a new coaching staff.

Brook Lopez just isn't particularly good and doesn't excite anyone. His passion for the game of basketball is also questionable.

I've been saying for months that the wolves should take mayo at 3, and it looks like people nationally are finally catching on.
agreed on all parts. mayo or bust for me.
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:42 PM   #13
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

I would think the Heat would jump all over that Memphis trade. They get a PG, SF, and could get a center in Lopez. Three starters for one is a no brainer when that one is a guy you don't want. I think their must be a trade coming at #2. That doesn't turn them into a contender, but with Wade, Marion, Haslem, Cook and Davis, that is a pretty good 7 man rotation.

C-Lopez
PF-Marion, Haslem
SF-Miller/Davis
SG-Wade/Cook
PG-Lowry

You could also start Haslem and bring Miller off the bench, but either way you have good scoring off the bench and while the team may be undersized, they have a lot of athletes and shooters which is huge in the NBA.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 05:32 AM   #14
mattreis62
Good High School Starter

mattreis62 has decent reputation

I agree that that trade would be pretty good for Miami. That team has many problems, and I think the possibility of getting 3 solid players should be too much for them to pass up. Adding Beasley or Mayo would be nice but that would still leave Miami with several holes to fill. It's not like Beasley or Mayo are can't miss future superstars.
mattreis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:06 AM   #15
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

Plus to make the trade work they would have to trade some salary back to Memphis which could help clear out some future cap space depending on how many bad contracts Memphis is willing to take. They could trade just Mark Blount and the trade would work (basically would offset Miller as they make the same amount of money for the same amount of years), but if they could dump off Marcus Bank's 3 mill for the next 4 years, I think they would jump at that chance.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: