Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 06-18-2008, 05:36 PM   #1
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Ok, Today's Rumor... T-Mac

What do you guys think of this one

Quote:
Right now, Tracy McGrady is a better player than Carmelo Anthony. But he also is five years older and not quite as durable. Plus, the Rockets have another star -- Yao Ming -- so they can trade McGrady and still plausibly contend for a title. How about McGrady straight up for Chauncey Billups and Prince? It works under the salary cap. And if Houston is willing to part with McGrady, the deal makes some sense for both teams. Billups and Prince could elevate Houston in the West next year. And the Pistons would start Stuckey, Hamilton, McGrady, Wallace and McDyess. That lineup could contend for a title. -- Detroit Free Press
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:05 AM   #2
shaoyut
National High School Star

shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Ok, Today's Rumor... T-Mac

that is not that bad but i want a good big man for mcdyess and stuckey is still young
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:27 AM   #3
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

except starting mcdyess would be a horrible mistake. he's a veteran who can still play but both maxiell and amir johnson should be getting time over him. they've been with us for 3 years and its time for us to give them a fricken chance.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:39 AM   #4
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's hard to say who will start out of the three but I think we can expect Maxiell and Johnson to get a lot more playing time. It might just depend on who they are playing and how they match up.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:26 AM   #5
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation

surprised detroit is willing to give up tayshaun. wouldnt you rather give up hamilton instead? or do you trust hamilton to be the "defender" againts Kobe, Lebron, etc...

It seems like T-mac/Prince would be a better duo.

oh and about the big man, i know detroit is looking for an offensive option at the post, but i think Diop would be a great fit.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:29 PM   #6
dd24
College superstar

T-Mac would have to match up against those guys. He would be forced to play some D. Nobody in the world is going to stop Lebron & Kobe anyhow. T-Mac has the length to get a hand in their face and make it more difficult if he wants.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:15 PM   #7
Jordandunk23
Rockets

i know nobody can really stop kobe or lebron that why "defender". but tayshaun brings alot to the table in the defensive end. and he is a contributor in offense which is a plus. t-mac was never known for his defense.

I think its more attractive to both teams. t-mac/prince duo instead of t-mac/hamilton.

especially for the rockets. id rather have a hamilton/battier combo. its more balanced that a prince/battier combo. although i wouldnt really mind getting prince.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:16 PM   #8
dd24
College superstar

I guess it comes down to this, which position does T-Mac prefer and how much does he normally play there?
Old 06-20-2008, 12:33 AM   #9
Jordandunk23
Rockets

well there are two different types of small forwards. one is the smallfoward/powerforward type like jamison and odom. the other is the shooting guard type like t-mac. so it doesnt really matter what you label him as, because its about the defense. hes labeled as a shooting guard and i only see that affecting all star selections because one year, he was labeled a small forward, thus taking KG's spot as a starter.

in houston battier guarded the kobes and lebrons like what prince does in detroit. you cant trust t-mac to fill that role.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:48 AM   #10
dd24
College superstar

Alright, I have no problem with Hamilton going to Texas either. A trade of Hamilton & Billups or Prince & Billups for T-Mac is beneficial to both teams.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:03 AM   #11
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
except starting mcdyess would be a horrible mistake. he's a veteran who can still play but both maxiell and amir johnson should be getting time over him. they've been with us for 3 years and its time for us to give them a fricken chance.
i totally agree
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:36 PM   #12
shaoyut
National High School Star

shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster

We should actually sign kwame brown
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:14 PM   #13
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaoyut
We should actually sign kwame brown

Please no. I really hope Joe D. doesn't do that. If Kwame comes to Detroit I'm done with the Pistons. I would seriously not even watch a game. That would actually trump picking Darko over Carmello. Kwame can't catch a basketball to save his life, he has no back to the basket game, and he can't play defense. I get sick of hearing people say how he can play good defense. Just because you have a big body doesn't make you a good defender. He's a terrible defender.

He needs to go to a team that's on the verge of being really good. So he can sign a contract for too much money, mess up their salary cap, and them give them no production on the court.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:15 PM   #14
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

We already have a Kwame bust here in Detroit…

(sorry bad joke)

Is Kwame Brown really that bad?

I'd rather pick up a guy like Diop rather than Kwame…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:50 PM   #15
Jordandunk23
Rockets

yeah iv been suggesting Diop. I really think he would be a good fit in Detroit. Kwame isnt the worst player in the world. He isnt a defensive player but he is decent. Other than that he isnt really worth anything. No contenders should sign him.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: