Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2008, 09:23 AM   #1
Jballer
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,345
Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation
Default Fan Nation reports potential Raps/Knicks deal

I didnt link but the gist is:

Knicks looking for a PG (i.e. TJ Ford) and dont want the 6 th pick or are willing to trade down.

Raptors want to move up and BC is "most active".

I guess it will be okay so long as the deal doesnt end up like some bloated convoluted deal where Zach or Starbury end up here as well and a bunch of pieces move to NY.

Something like 6th pick for 17th pick and TJ and cash would make sense.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:29 AM   #2
Trax416
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 484
Trax416 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Fan Nation reports potential Raps/Knicks deal

All that I have read was T.J Ford for Crawford and possibly T.J. Ford + expiring contracts for Crawford + another bloated contract (possibly Eddie).

It would be a gamble to lose T.J Ford + 17th for the 6th.

I would be for it if it was T.J Ford + 17th + Expiring contracts for Crawford + 6th
Trax416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:47 AM   #3
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman
 
Dr.Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,919
Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation
Default Re: Fan Nation reports potential Raps/Knicks deal

A link would be nice.


I fear at the 6th spot though that BC would pick Galliwhateverthe****hisnameis
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:47 AM   #4
Student
Serious playground baller
 
Student's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 420
Student has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Fan Nation reports potential Raps/Knicks deal

IMO anything with the Knicks is a bad idea. Crawford is a good scorer and can create his own shots but his defense is suspect.
Student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:50 AM   #5
Student
Serious playground baller
 
Student's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 420
Student has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Fan Nation reports potential Raps/Knicks deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
A link would be nice.


I fear at the 6th spot though that BC would pick Galliwhateverthe****hisnameis

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap/
http://www.nypost.com/seven/06192008...rol_116234.htm

Last edited by Student : 06-19-2008 at 09:53 AM.
Student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:00 AM   #6
Sekman
Great young streetballer
 
Sekman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 525
Sekman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Fan Nation reports potential Raps/Knicks deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax416
All that I have read was T.J Ford for Crawford and possibly T.J. Ford + expiring contracts for Crawford + another bloated contract (possibly Eddie).

It would be a gamble to lose T.J Ford + 17th for the 6th.

I would be for it if it was T.J Ford + 17th + Expiring contracts for Crawford + 6th


Agreed, the deal seems like nothing to lose:

6th pick > 17th pick

Crawford > Ford (to the extend of the Raptors situation)
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:25 AM   #7
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm
 
RAPSCANWIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In a Field of Potatoes
Posts: 915
RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation
Default Re: Fan Nation reports potential Raps/Knicks deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student
IMO anything with the Knicks is a bad idea. Crawford is a good scorer and can create his own shots but his defense is suspect.


Crawford's defence is no worse then TJ's. I've grown tired of watching TJ get abused by taller gaurds. Its quite a liability to know the oposition can get its shot off with ease in late game situations especially.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:41 AM   #8
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot
 
Qwyjibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,383
Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Fan Nation reports potential Raps/Knicks deal

Crawford isn't even a good scorer. Give Delfino the shots and minutes that Crawford gets and he could put up comparable inefficient #'s. Why are so many people blinded by "20 ppg" even when it comes in almost 40 minutes per game and only at 41% shooting?

Any Crawford for Ford deal is a steal for New York and Colangelo should be ridiculed for it.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:44 AM   #9
craigthomasb
College star
 
craigthomasb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,845
craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Fan Nation reports potential Raps/Knicks deal

the contract5s match up pretty well

if tj ford and #17 (maybe even another future 1st rounder) for jmaal crawford and #6 goes down, i would be very very very happy,

BC just needs to say to the knicks pgs are at a premiem and swings are 10 a penny, we can get a true 2nd options to start at SG and then we can get someone like anthony randolph or go for a big (lopez) that would be a perfect trade for us IMO

Calderon / PG / Martin
Crawford / Parker / Delfino
Moon / Randolph / Kaponon
Bosh / Humphires
Bargnani / Nesterovic

then look to find some bigs via free agency or kaponon could be a good barganing chip

Last edited by craigthomasb : 06-19-2008 at 11:46 AM.
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:55 AM   #10
bballnoob
Decent college freshman
 
bballnoob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,921
bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Fan Nation reports potential Raps/Knicks deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthomasb
the contract5s match up pretty well

if tj ford and #17 (maybe even another future 1st rounder) for jmaal crawford and #6 goes down, i would be very very very happy,

BC just needs to say to the knicks pgs are at a premiem and swings are 10 a penny, we can get a true 2nd options to start at SG and then we can get someone like anthony randolph or go for a big (lopez) that would be a perfect trade for us IMO

Calderon / PG / Martin
Crawford / Parker / Delfino
Moon / Randolph / Kaponon
Bosh / Humphires
Bargnani / Nesterovic

then look to find some bigs via free agency or kaponon could be a good barganing chip

Ugh that's possibly the worst defensive team I've ever seen.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:57 AM   #11
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot
 
Qwyjibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,383
Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Fan Nation reports potential Raps/Knicks deal

That team wouldn't make the playoffs next season or the season after.

Goodbye Bosh.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:59 AM   #12
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm
 
RAPSCANWIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In a Field of Potatoes
Posts: 915
RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation
Default Re: Fan Nation reports potential Raps/Knicks deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Crawford isn't even a good scorer. Give Delfino the shots and minutes that Crawford gets and he could put up comparable inefficient #'s. Why are so many people blinded by "20 ppg" even when it comes in almost 40 minutes per game and only at 41% shooting?

Any Crawford for Ford deal is a steal for New York and Colangelo should be ridiculed for it.


Crawford also averaged close to 6 assists/game last year. He's also a player who can create his own shot. Those players are hard to come by. I think he's a good fit for an up tempo team like the Raps. Yes he's soft defensively, but still an upgrade at SG.

Don't forget that he's also a player who can go off for 40pts more often then not.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:08 PM   #13
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot
 
Qwyjibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,383
Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Fan Nation reports potential Raps/Knicks deal

Quote:
Don't forget that he's also a player who can go off for 40pts more often then not.
...and then give you 3/18 shooting the next 2 nights.

He's a dumb and inefficient player who hasn't changed his game in 8 years now. Really, the only plus of his game is his playmaking ability at the 2-guard. Other than that he's not a good shooter, not a good decision maker and doesn't play defense. I don't see why going to the Raptors is going to magically change that.

I'd rather pay Delfino $4-5 million per and let him run wild at SG. Same crappy inefficient offense for the most part but with better D and rebounding and at half the price.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:15 PM   #14
Trax416
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 484
Trax416 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Fan Nation reports potential Raps/Knicks deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
...and then give you 3/18 shooting the next 2 nights.

He's a dumb and inefficient player who hasn't changed his game in 8 years now. Really, the only plus of his game is his playmaking ability at the 2-guard. Other than that he's not a good shooter, not a good decision maker and doesn't play defense. I don't see why going to the Raptors is going to magically change that.

I'd rather pay Delfino $4-5 million per and let him run wild at SG. Same crappy inefficient offense for the most part but with better D and rebounding and at half the price.

Crawford is better then anything we have right now at that position, and can contribute in various ways on offense.

The Raptors are already in preliminary talks to trade T.J. straight up for Jamal. So why not get the number 6 pick in the draft and unload some expiring contracts also?

It makes no sense not to do it. Not only could we get a rookie who could actually become something outside of a generic role player one day, but we would also have salary room to shop around with.

You also have to understand that Jamal has been stuck under a broken, pathetic system for the past few years. He could flourish on the Raptors. He is athletic, and extremely high energy as well.

With the 6th pick we could probably pick up Lopez, who would help us tremendously on defense at in the paint, and has the ability to become the second best Center in the East if developed correctly.

We could do that, or we could take trace T.J. Ford + 17th + expiring contracts for Eddie + 6th pick, and draft a guy like Joe Alexander, who we HOPE could develop into a better player then Jamal, but at the end of a day it's a bigger risk.

The fact of the matter is, it looks like T.J. is on his way to New York. NY has what we want and we have what they want. There are not many other teams in the NBA that need a quality PG willing to give up so much for so little.
Trax416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:57 PM   #15
Reef
College star
 
Reef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,925
Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Fan Nation reports potential Raps/Knicks deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax416
Crawford is better then anything we have right now at that position, and can contribute in various ways on offense.

The Raptors are already in preliminary talks to trade T.J. straight up for Jamal.
If that's true, BC should be fired. Jamal would screw up the team chemistry even more. He's an undersized chucker. How does this help us get a big, rebounding, slashing, defending swingman. I want a 6-8 SF, not a 6-2 SG, ugh. I'd rather have Moon starting. At least he defends decently and can rebound.

And we better not get Oliver Miller Jr. aka Eddy Curry. Muggsy Bogues could rebound better than his lazy ass
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:21 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy