Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-19-2008, 11:12 AM   #1
Deng13
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Deng13 has an OK reputation so far
Default Bulls should try to get lamar odom...

I saw this rumor on one of websites...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...6944691.column

The Bulls should try to get odom....his salary is around 14 mil so maybe a package around kirk should do the trick....we would still have to trade either gooden or TT, but i think i would like to see gooden gone. I just really think TT is gonna go nuts this season if we take rose.

let me know what you guys think...
Deng13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:14 PM   #2
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Dengness9 is considered somewhat coolDengness9 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Bulls should try to get lamar odom...

I dont think Odom fits in too well in Chicago. The only way i would take Odom is if the Lakers would take Hughes.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 05:15 PM   #3
MaCC2MuCh
dont blink or i get by

MaCC2MuCh has decent reputation

only problem is that odom is a s/f not a p/f and we already have deng and noce......although he would compliment rose well since hes very good in the open court....but i just dont c odom going anywhere this off-season..
MaCC2MuCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 05:19 PM   #4
Captain Klank
I airball my layups

Captain Klank has an OK reputation so far

I'll pass on Lamar Odom. He was pretty much non-existant during the NBA finals. I would rather just trade Hinrich to Portland for the #13 overall pick and clear out some cap room. Anthony Randolph is rumored to be plummiting and might be there for that pick. He is said to have the upside of Lamar Odom and possibly Chris Bosh if he can gain weight
Captain Klank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:25 PM   #5
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Klank
I'll pass on Lamar Odom. He was pretty much non-existant during the NBA finals. I would rather just trade Hinrich to Portland for the #13 overall pick and clear out some cap room. Anthony Randolph is rumored to be plummiting and might be there for that pick. He is said to have the upside of Lamar Odom and possibly Chris Bosh if he can gain weight

I am pretty sure Portland is over the cap, so trading Kirk to Portland for the pick straight up doesn't work. You have to match salaries.

As for Odom, no. Guess you didn't watch the NBA Finals - he is garbage. We have Luol Deng.

How is this for a trade...

Luol Deng and Larry Hughes, plus a future draft pick for Speedy Claxton and Joe Johnson.

Then draft Beasley and let Duhon and Gordon walk. Second round grab a center - Sasha Kaun or David Padgett.

Hinrich/Claxton/Curry
Johnson/Thabo
Beasley/Nocioni
Gooden/Tyrus
Noah/Gray/Kaun

I think that team could get the job done. Joe Johnson is a flat out beast - if we were able to pull him away from ATL - but Luol Deng would be tempting for them. Pair him with Horford, Josh Smith, and Bibby and they'd be back in the Playoffs. But for Johnson to leave ATL - I dunno if that trade would work - but Luol Deng, Hughes and a future 1st round pick - it'd be tough to pass up.

Last edited by KaptnKirk12 : 06-19-2008 at 06:34 PM.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:28 PM   #6
buechlerforthree
I brick open layups

buechlerforthree has no real reputation yet.

No. Lamar Odom is a whiny, mediocre player. The only reason he had a decent season this year is because Kobe began passing the ball more than ever, giving Odom more scoring opportunities. What does he bring to the table that we dont already have? He gets into funks where he disappears for games at a time, evident in this year's playoffs. I dont get the appeal.
buechlerforthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:24 PM   #7
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

if we were to get LO it would just be a sign and trade, as stated earlier we got deng and noce already . and from everything else i read for some reason no one wants him, so i don't think the bulls would want to pick him up to trade him again .
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:00 PM   #8
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

I would do an Odom for noce and gooden. i like odom's versatility, rebounding and he creates for his teamates. Chicago also loses noce's long contract and give's chicago some salary cap flexibility.

Noce will give LA rebounding and toughness and a good option at the 3, while gooden will be a very good backup pf for a championship team.
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:07 AM   #9
ChiBulls7
www.droseroy.com

ChiBulls7 has decent reputationChiBulls7 has decent reputation

eh. No thanks to Lamar Odom. I know he's versatile and what not but some of the things he does on the court make me think
ChiBulls7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:46 AM   #10
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig
I would do an Odom for noce and gooden. i like odom's versatility, rebounding and he creates for his teamates. Chicago also loses noce's long contract and give's chicago some salary cap flexibility.

Noce will give LA rebounding and toughness and a good option at the 3, while gooden will be a very good backup pf for a championship team.

Ehh. Giving Chicago Nocioni and Gooden for Odom and they would be a lock to win it all.

Fisher/Farmar
Kobe/Sasha
Nocioni/Walton
Gasol/Gooden
Bynum/BIG CM

They'd be unstoppable. And you know Kobe would love to have Nocioni on his team because he causes all kinds of problems.

While Chicago get a player who is going to give you basically Gooden numbers. So we give a starter and probably the best bench player we have to get a guy who is a puss...no thanks.

Odom can stay in LA.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:42 PM   #11
Rondo

I think that could be a good try Lamar's versatile enough,definitely more than quick enough and his wingspan is decent enough to play the PF infact on 2K i do that all the time but anywho..
he definitely has the height and he WAS physical besides game 6 but that game was already lost by halftime I dont care about what people say about Lamar not being physical enough he wasnt as physical as he could/should have been but he definitely was crashing the lanes in LA and when the lakers almost came back in Boston he was def physical so Im not worried about that plus he's a low post scorer and he's fast for his height/weight which would coincide with the bulls apparent new run and gun offense judging by the roster(assuming they draft Rose) Plus he plays defense which is something the bulls didnt quite do last season
Old 06-20-2008, 08:50 PM   #12
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far

Trade for Lamar Odom??? Uh....no.
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:09 PM   #13
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool

No to Odem. He is not as bad as the bashing he is being given currently, but he just isn't the right piece the Bulls need.

The only other small forwards the Bulls should be going after this summer is Kirilenko, or Walter Herrman if you choose to play him at that position (instead of P.F.) due to his excellent 3 point shooting.

As I have said before in other threads the Jazz are interested in moving Kirilenko and the Bulls seem to have just the right players to make it happen.

Larry Hughes and Drew Gooden in exchange for AK 47 and Jason Hart works for both teams salary caps. The Bulls could throw in the 2nd round draft pick if needed to sweeten the deal.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 09:28 AM   #14
problym_chyld04
I airball my layups

problym_chyld04 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
No to Odem. He is not as bad as the bashing he is being given currently, but he just isn't the right piece the Bulls need.

The only other small forwards the Bulls should be going after this summer is Kirilenko, or Walter Herrman if you choose to play him at that position (instead of P.F.) due to his excellent 3 point shooting.

As I have said before in other threads the Jazz are interested in moving Kirilenko and the Bulls seem to have just the right players to make it happen.

Larry Hughes and Drew Gooden in exchange for AK 47 and Jason Hart works for both teams salary caps. The Bulls could throw in the 2nd round draft pick if needed to sweeten the deal.

I like that deal except I'd hang on to gooden and instead trade some filler just to make salaries add up like jameson curry, probably gray, and a 2nd rounder to matchup for ak-47, I would say nichols also, but we're gonna need a ben gordon-type backup w/some height in case we lose him for nothing; and I'd replace jason hart w/millsap or somebode else
problym_chyld04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:06 PM   #15
Paxson 93
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Paxson 93 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deng13
I saw this rumor on one of websites...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...6944691.column

The Bulls should try to get odom....his salary is around 14 mil so maybe a package around kirk should do the trick....we would still have to trade either gooden or TT, but i think i would like to see gooden gone. I just really think TT is gonna go nuts this season if we take rose.

let me know what you guys think...

I agree...
ROSE and TYRUS will be great for Chicago.
Paxson 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: