Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-20-2008, 08:37 AM   #1
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool
Default Diaw to the Raptors?

I don't have much time. But I was reading this earlier that the Raps might be sending TJ Ford and the 17th Pick for Boris Diaw. Any thoughts?
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:21 AM   #2
Trax416
Great young streetballer

Trax416 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Diaw to the Raptors?

hahaha. So we waste our only two options on getting a defensive big man for diaw. typical raptors.
Trax416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:48 AM   #3
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

I'd love to get Diaw but Ford and the 17th seems a little high to me. A lesser player than Ford and I'd be cool.

I know Diaw isn't going to be a popular choice here but IMO when he gets to play significant minutes as a starter he produces very well. When Stoudemire was out for the season Diaw was fantastic for the suns in every aspect of the game.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:10 AM   #4
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

I would take Diaw for Ford and future second...but there needs to be more to get the # 17...if we could get Diaw and then pick up Lopez at 17 half the battle is won therefilling potentially two holes with decent players...then they can go see what they can get on the trade market for the expirers and FA
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:08 PM   #5
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

It'd be hard to say where he'd play on the Raps. He's had experience guarding centres and some Sun fans say when the efforts there, he did a good job. Or would he play the 3? Trouble is the Suns played him in such an unusual manner to get him to produce that we cannot replicate in Toronto so it would be hard to gauge his production for the Raptors.

However it's kind of disconcerting when you deal most of our big assets and we still have a big hole in the middle and no second scorer.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:17 PM   #6
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

It could go 2 ways....

Diaw could come to T.O. and as a full time starter become a solid starter.

or

he could have been overachieving in a run and gun system and come to T.O. and not impress.

I tend to think it would be somewhere in the middle. So i wouldnt do the deal, especially with Diaws salary at 9 million averaging 8.8ppg and 4.6 rb per 28 mins/game.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:21 PM   #7
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona

T.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this board

Would he just come off the bench? or play sf instead of moon...we still badly need a big man tho i much rather keep the pick and take our chances.
T.O.RAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:37 PM   #8
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Tried this in the trade machine and due to both players being Base Year Compensation players (which I will not pretend to understand completely), it's hard as hell to trade them and it didn't work.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...28&te=&cash =
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:42 PM   #9
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That original rumoured trade would be the 2nd worst thing that Bryan Colangelo has done to the Raptors franchise if it happened.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:11 PM   #10
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
I'd love to get Diaw but Ford and the 17th seems a little high to me. A lesser player than Ford and I'd be cool.

I know Diaw isn't going to be a popular choice here but IMO when he gets to play significant minutes as a starter he produces very well. When Stoudemire was out for the season Diaw was fantastic for the suns in every aspect of the game.

I agree that Diaw can produce when he's starter, and improve significantly.

But, giving up Ford and #17 seems too much... maybe just Ford and Diaw straight up...

One question, if they get Ford, are they going move Nash? I don't think Ford wants to come off the bench...
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:44 PM   #11
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

I agree Ford and the 17th is too much, if it was Kapono, Filler & the 17th then I think it would be good.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:22 PM   #12
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
I agree Ford and the 17th is too much, if it was Kapono, Filler & the 17th then I think it would be good.

That would rock!!!!!
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:58 PM   #13
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

I still think people overvalue Ford here. He might not fetch much more then a guy like Diaw. Also, the #17 as we envision it as a stud, reality is it's a late first round pick...not too much value there either. I would want more, but if was Tucker and Diaw for example, it's not a bad deal for us.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:21 PM   #14
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

I don't think that we should get Boris Diaw just because he doesn't really fit our needs. Hes not really a swingman or a center. He doesn't get to the line and he'll probaly just be a backup for Bosh why don't we just give Humphries the backup minutes. We should just trade T.J Ford to get Crawford or Magette and draft Hibbert or Lopez with the 17th pick.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:11 PM   #15
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

dont you guys feel that Ford and the 17th pick is too much for Diaw? The Raps could use that 18th pick to pick up a big man to help Bosh. SOmeone like Hibbert at C and Bosh a lot.
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: