Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 06-20-2008, 05:06 PM   #1
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far
Default Nuggets Draft

We are six days away from the 2008 NBA Draft and with the 20th pick the Denver Nuggets select....................

Who would we select? Thankfully Ty Lawson is out. Now who do we go after?

Many of the updated Mock drafts has us selectin Mario Chalmers from Kansas, but who do you think we are going to draft?

Personally I want the Nuggets to draft Brandon Rush or Russell Westbrook. They play different positions, but they both play defense and can score. Westbrook is expected to go at the lowest of the 12th pick and as high as the fifth pick. Rush is expected to go between 12 and 19. Rumors are circling about the Cavs wanting to trade up to get Rush at 15 or something.

I think the Nuggets are truly going to get a pg in most likely Chalmers or a center in Ajinca or Hibbert.

Who do you think we should get? and Who do you think we are going to get?
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:21 PM   #2
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Nuggets Draft

i cant explain how much id like to see the nugs trade up for westbrook- i think hed be worth multiple picks- just the perfect fit

im worried that ajinca & hibbert will both be gone- sounds like rush will as well- im not so sure there is a reason not to trade back or for more picks, unless we go point gaurd, right?

if you fall in love w any of the point gaurds i guess they would be worth taking at 20- i like chalmers but dont love him- i think he's solid backup type- a younger better ac- for the nugs i actually like demarcus nelson the best and i think he is for sure available in rd 2

the most important prospects to get a look at if i was the nugs would be

-goran dragic
-jamont gordon

as well as nelson& chalmers and 3 or 4 other gaurds like mike taylor

one of these pg's should be added somehow right? unless maybe a lowry trade or hopeully a hinrich, billups, or ridnour trade

this is the time to get a pg (or 2)

i hope they try for westbrook- westbrook would perfectly complement iverson or jr & melo-
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 04:41 PM   #3
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

nuggets NEED to be the facilitator of this draft- help move all the players and all the picks- we need to bust into this draft
pg-
-westbrook 6-4
-lee (sg/pg) 6-5
-dragic 6-4
-nelson 6-3(no westbrook we have to get this guy in rd 2)
-chalmers 6-2

sg-
-d jefferson(sg/sf) 6-7
-rush 6-7
-bill walker 6-6

sf/pf
-j duncan 6-9

pf-
-b lopez 7-0
-a randolph 6-11
- j dorsey 6-9

c-
a ajinca 7-1
r hibbert 7-2
r lopez 7-0

those are all of the players that i really like as future nugs- of course there are others that would just imo be imposible to get rose.... -

& i am a fan of trading at least 6 or 8 of our players for a new crew & some draft picks

2 or 3 key role players, & some contacts added to carmelo ,jr, & nene & hopefully kleiza and take in 4 or 5 or more draft picks- 2 or 3 of them might hit huge- im not always a huge lets draft 8 players guy but i really love some of the players positioning in this draft( besides westbrook being around 5)

i know its prob impossible but i would trade iverson,camby, kmart, (najera& diawaras&t) , atkins & hunter & all the future picks possible-for all these guys with bad contracts gadzurich(7), j james(6), j jeffries(6), b simmons(9) m rose(8) or whoever- and get nachbar and kvh's contract added and the draft pcks to get all of these guys and try to create actuall roster competition and then just flat cut the guys who arent worth it- my bet is a couple of those guys give you something pretty good (jeffries would be a steal imo)

i think that the perfect realistic klieza trade would be for ridnour& we could figure our way into some of sonics 2nd rd's
#6(knicks slide to 8 or 10- we just have to make the bucks happy enough to move redd to ny& to get nj involved)(get to that later)-

#6- westbrook 6-4 pg ucla
#20- ajnca 7-1 c france
2nd- dorsey 6-9 pf memphis
2nd- jefferson 6-7 sg/sf usc
2nd dragic 6-4 pg slovenia?
2nd j duncan 6-9 sf/pf xavier

ridnour/westbrook/dragic/ac
jr smith/b jones/d jefferson
melo/simmons/jduncan
nacbar/jeffries/dorsey
nene/gadzurich/ajinca/

after trainng campwe then cut ac or a rookie & kvh's contract, m rose, & j james -(unless they workourt better than simmons and jeffries & gadzurich
a year from now the payroll is 30 mill or so lower than we have right now

& i believe that team would have an actual chance to win playoff games and series starting next year with no end in sight

that team could be special DEFENSIVELY and also would have world class athletisism- it would have new "kids" and either force carmelo and jr to become vets or then you could move them- it also would have ridnour to talk to karl & simmons a 9 million dollar backup for melo who must have "made" that contract under melo- simmons also helps mold an extremely long and athletic group imo of bobby jones, davon jefferson ,and melo/ jr into a strong defensive group

shooting is also way better with nachbar, simmons, & ridnour joining jr as the shooters-

imo j jeffries could give us almost everything that kmart did by himself- not quite as flashy but the 2-4 defensive stopper part is there- add the enforcer and maybe a better post defender would be joey dorsey at pf i think nachbar/jeffreis/ dorsey would be better than kmart/najera who i love

at c i really would bet it all on nene if there was ever any rebuild process- i just have a hunch that he will be a different person oncethe reigns are officially handed to him- & gadzurich's size woul be a positive addition

i actually believe the nuggets could pull off the roster i put- i just think that those guys would be to scared to do something that drastic to an nba roster- am i that far off base thinking you could do that?
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:20 PM   #4
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Here is an article I found in the Rocky Mountain News about the Nuggets draft

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...nver-in-draft/

To me the tone in this article is very negative about the draft and tells me that the Nuggets won't get someone good from it. He talks about how Lopez is the worst of the twins and Chalmers who he basically doesn't like at all.

To me I like to see the Nuggets take Chalmers because watching him play in the Championship game shows me that he is clutch and he can take on a role that will suit the Nuggets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by: CaptainOwlClub

nuggets NEED to be the facilitator of this draft- help move all the players and all the picks- we need to bust into this draft
pg-
-westbrook 6-4
-lee (sg/pg) 6-5
-dragic 6-4
-nelson 6-3(no westbrook we have to get this guy in rd 2)
-chalmers 6-2

sg-
-d jefferson(sg/sf) 6-7
-rush 6-7
-bill walker 6-6

sf/pf
-j duncan 6-9

pf-
-b lopez 7-0
-a randolph 6-11
- j dorsey 6-9

c-
a ajinca 7-1
r hibbert 7-2
r lopez 7-0

I really like your list here very much. I think the most obtainable guy that may not be drafted is Josh Duncan. If you look at the numerous mock drafts he is expected to not be drafted at all or go late in the second round. To me Duncan brings intensity to the game, reminds me a bit of Paul Pierce in a way. He is probably one of the most underrated player in the draft. I personally won't mind if the Nuggets drop down on the boards to get Duncan. I'd like to see us get a pg or center with the 20th pick and get a second round pick to pick up Duncan.

All your pg's are gettable even though it may be a stretch considering the number of teams in need of a pg nowadays. Nelson and Chalmers are the two guys I think we could pick up with ease.

I like all the SG's you posted, Jefferson is going to be the first one picked in the draft. Cavs want to trade up to 15 to get Rush, Rush is a well rounded player. Walker has been blanketed with injuries as of late and he is great player, but injuries might even drop him out of the whole draft.

Your PF's are for the most part going to be gone, except for Dorsey who may go late first round or early second round.

Centers are loaded in this draft class and the guys you put up there are very obtainable to the Nuggets. Ajinca's stock is rising especially with great workouts that he has been having and some say Hibbert will be picked up second round because of his inconsistency.

imo I think the Nuggets will trade Kleiza and Camby for the most part. Trading Iverson and Martin will be a stretch because of the hefty contracts and age.

Jeffries, Nachbar, and Gadzurich that CaptainOwlClub suggested can be obtained in a three way trade involving Camby and Kleiza.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:41 PM   #5
Pokerface
Great young streetballer

Pokerface has an OK reputation so far

With Camby getting up in age, Martin and Nene injury prone, and Najera a free agent, I believe that the Nuggets should go big. An order of preference would be Darrel Arthur, Jason Thompson or DeAdre Jordan. They can then trade for a PG such as Lowry or Crittendon, or sign Duhon who is a free agent, or get Marcus Williams from NJ.. Their own Taurean Green may be a sleeper and just needs to develoop.
Pokerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:43 PM   #6
R.R.
Can barely lace up my sneakers

R.R. has an OK reputation so far

I want from kansas Russell Robinson , Brandon Rush , Mario Chalmers , & Darrell Arthur 2 all be on the nuggets this year..sum players from a ncaa championship team will do
R.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:36 PM   #7
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

I'm hoping for either roy hibbert or jason thompson. Thompson put up really good numbers (20-10) throughout his college career for someone who basically no one has heard of.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:32 PM   #8
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

I saw Jason Thompson last night ESPN the road to the draft and by the looks of it I think he would be a nice addition to the Nuggets. I'm not sure if he is on any of the mock drafts, but whoever gets him is going to get a hardworker. He is one of the few star athletes coming out of this draft with a four year degree, I give props to him for doing that because it's so rare to see a college graduate in the NBA nowadays. Plus he would give the team a clean image as well.

We are a day away from the draft guys, I can't wait for this stuff to start. Hopefully the Nuggets make a trade or draft a pick that we can all agree on.

Do you think we will go for the obvious of either Hibbert, Ajinca, or Chalmers? Or will we surprise other teams in the draft by getting a guy like Thomas or Walker?
Old 06-25-2008, 07:30 PM   #9
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

I'm just hoping for a big man. I expect Hibbert and Ajinca to be gone by 20 though.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: