Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-22-2008, 09:35 PM   #1
davitogreat
Can barely lace up my sneakers

davitogreat has an OK reputation so far
Default What is with the rumors?

I have been hearing rumors about TJ and the 17th pick being traded to the Suns for Diaw and right now i am confused. People are saying it is a good trade but i don't see how this benefits us. I mean Diaw is a very good player but what he brings dose not really cover all our weaknesses. Diaw is a player that is an average scorer and rebounder and a very good playmaker, if we bring Diaw were does he fit in? If you think Diaw can come in and start for us at Small Forward then you must be mistaken. Diaw is not a very good shooter and i would rather have Jamario moon taking outside shots than Diaw.

So that lives the Power Forward spot. The problem is this position is filled by Bosh. If we get Diaw we wont address the two needs that Raptors planned to address this summer which is a physical presence beside Bosh and our 20ppg scorer. So when we start next season we are going to go back to square one. Except if some of you think we can acquire our scorer in the Free Agent Market.

In the end if this is all we can get for Ford i wold prefer we kept both Point Guards or we traded Calderon for that 20ppg scorer because the only differeence between Calerdon and Ford is Calderon is a better shooter.
davitogreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:47 PM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What is with the rumors?

If such a trade goes through then I will be convinced that Bryan Colangelo to Toronto was all a set up/ploy/conspiracy/whatever you want to call it. Colangelo was told to go to the Raptors and use the team as a "gateway" to Europe as Stern eventually wants to expand there.

Diaw is a decent player but to give up both Ford and the #17 pick for him is complete madness.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:48 PM   #3
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
If such a trade goes through then I will be convinced that Bryan Colangelo was all a set up/ploy/conspiracy/whatever you want to call it. Colangelo was told to go to the Raptors and use the team as a "gateway" to Europe as Stern eventually wants to expand there.

Diaw is a decent player but to give up both Ford and the #17 pick for him is complete madness.

If he deals Bosh for Gasol we'll know you're right.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:56 PM   #4
Salami_N_Cheese

Salami_N_Cheese has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by davitogreat
In the end if this is all we can get for Ford i wold prefer we kept both Point Guards or we traded Calderon for that 20ppg scorer because the only differeence between Calerdon and Ford is Calderon is a better shooter.

I think Calderon is a better decision maker than ford and plays more under control as well as a better shooter.
Salami_N_Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:57 PM   #5
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Hopefully the Diaw rumor is made up just like the D.Wade to Chicago one was. I just do not want Diaw on our team he just doesn't seem to fit our needs right now.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:59 PM   #6
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_N_Cheese
I think Calderon is a better decision maker than ford and plays more under control as well as a better shooter.

Ford is the quickest PG in the league though and he can create his own shot and set his teammates up by himself.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:07 PM   #7
Salami_N_Cheese

Salami_N_Cheese has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
Ford is the quickest PG in the league though and he can create his own shot and set his teammates up by himself.

True...that was one of the major advantages of FORDERON....the raps could switch playing styles during the game to force the other team's defense to adjust...too bad they can't "co exist" with each other.
Salami_N_Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: