Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-23-2008, 04:21 PM   #1
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation
Default Bosh Makes US Olympic Team

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=2414...headlines_main

Quote:
Chris Bosh will get a shot at Olympic gold.

The Toronto Raptors all-star forward was part of the U.S. men's basketball team that was announced Monday for the Beijing Games.

The U.S. finished third at the Athens Olympics four years ago.

NBA stars LeBron James and reigning MVP Kobe Bryant headline the U.S. squad. Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony and Jason Kidd were among the 12 players placed on the squad. Completing the team were Tayshaun Prince, Carlos Boozer, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Michael Redd and Deron Williams.

Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 05:41 PM   #2
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Bosh Makes US Olympic Team

I know Raptors are big on letting guys play for their country and all, but this does increase risk for injury during the NBA regular season. I just wish he wouldn't play, but I understand...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:08 PM   #3
nerdsunite
Decent playground baller

nerdsunite has an OK reputation so far

Agreed, but on the flip side time with those players and coaches and the experience of playing in meaningfull games can only help with his development as a player.
nerdsunite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:14 PM   #4
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I just hope that since he won't get to rest as much this off-season, that his knee will not get overworked and start swelling up next year like it did this year.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:26 PM   #5
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I just hope that Lebron and Carmelo play SO well in that frontcourt that Bosh never plays.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:02 AM   #6
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I just hope that Lebron and Carmelo play SO well in that frontcourt that Bosh never plays.

Why would you say that?? Bosh has a chance to represent his country in the Olympics. And your saying you don't want him to play?? That's foolish.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:35 AM   #7
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

Good for him, but... ugh.

The last thing that team needs is for Bosh to take until the halfway point of the season to get healthy again.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:52 AM   #8
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

I don't like it either.

All his problems with his legs started because he played for Team USA a few years back.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:13 AM   #9
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo
Why would you say that?? Bosh has a chance to represent his country in the Olympics. And your saying you don't want him to play?? That's foolish.
Raptors > Team USA for me. Same goes for when Calderon plays for Spain. I'd rather he didn't play at all. Just practice, get into the swing of things but don't risk injuries.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: