Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-23-2008, 06:08 PM   #1
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation
Default Parker to Greece?

I was on another board and a couple of posters mentioned a rumour that they heard that Anthony Parker could be looking to sign a contract in Greece.

Has anybody heard anything?
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:37 PM   #2
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Parker to Greece?

Just what I read on the main board. A Euro team is offering him 3yrs and $24mill....but I don't see how this is an issue as he's a Raptor right now, he's a rotation guy unlike Garbajosa. Seems far fetched to me. I don't see any reason for the Raptors to buy him out and he doesn't seem the type to demand anything.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:53 PM   #3
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

I just got done reading Eric Smith's report and just got done talking to him. The article is here:

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/eric_smith_blog.html

He doesn't think the raps will give him up that easy and don't be surprised to see him in a raps uniform for this upcoming season.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:30 PM   #4
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Colangelo's international experiment is slowly falling apart. The only newbie to the NBA that is staying and actually good is Calderon and he was a Babcock guy.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:16 AM   #5
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach

bjtrdff has decent reputationbjtrdff has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Colangelo's international experiment is slowly falling apart. The only newbie to the NBA that is staying and actually good is Calderon and he was a Babcock guy.

Parker won't go anywhere, and Garbo compounded an awful freak injury. I wouldn't go nuts yet.
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:23 AM   #6
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

This is a very good point.

Assuming the Bargnani is a bench player, and the one starter added this year is your standard NBA vet out of some college, how exactly are the Raps any more international than any oher team? Everybody has 3-4 internationals now.
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:49 AM   #7
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:

Is Colangelo even trying to build an international team? I was under the impression that he was only using Europe to find NBA level talent right away while we were basically stuck in cap hell with no moveable commodities. You can't find an Anthony Parker for cheap in the USA, but you can in Europe, I don't get the impression that he's only bringing in these players because they are "international", moreso because it's the easiest way to field a competitive team while he actually goes through rebuilding the team, a "patchwork" type fix as you commonly suggest.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:01 AM   #8
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We'll see if the Diaw trade goes down then my "International Gateway" conspiracy theory will have legs.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:39 PM   #9
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Old Willy
This is a very good point.

Assuming the Bargnani is a bench player, and the one starter added this year is your standard NBA vet out of some college, how exactly are the Raps any more international than any oher team? Everybody has 3-4 internationals now.

I don't think Boston had an international player.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:39 PM   #10
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

HalphbreedBaller has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
I don't think Boston had an international player.

Well Sam Cassell looks like an Alien does that count as being international?
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:51 PM   #11
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalphbreedBaller
Well Sam Cassell looks like an Alien does that count as being international?
lol..I think that counts as intergalactical
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:34 PM   #12
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Yesterday, chatter out of Greece suggested club team Olympiakos was prepared to offer Raptors starter and Euroleague legend Anthony Parker a lucrative deal believed to be worth $21 million US over three years to leave. Parker is under contract with the Raptors for another year at $4.5 million.

Now comes word that Carlos Delfino, who averaged nine points and 4.8 rebounds for the Raptors last season, is also highly coveted, by Olympiacos rival, Panithanaikos.

Greek newspapers, television stations and websites have connected Delfino to the team, but Panathinaikos has declined to comment on the situation.

http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/Bas...77131-sun.html
Old 06-25-2008, 07:30 PM   #13
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk

This is a sign from god....
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:40 PM   #14
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Bryan Colangelo acknowledged that Anthony Parker has a lucrative offer to play in Greece.

Parker's agent Henry Thomas played down the significance of the offer in an e-mail to The Globe and Mail, and Colangelo said that his preference would be to have Parker finish his career in Toronto.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...TPStory/Sports
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: