Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 06-25-2008, 06:34 PM   #1
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool
Default Nuggets Trade Their Only Draft Pick!

Quote:
The luxury tax-strapped Nuggets no longer have a pick in Thursday’s draft.

The Nuggets on Wednesday traded their No. 20 pick to Charlotte for a future protected first-round selection.

The Nuggets are in line to have a $90 million payroll next season, which would be about $20 million over the luxury-tax threshold.

The No. 20 pick will make nearly $1.3 million next season. With the Nuggets in the dollar-for-dollar luxury tax, that would be savings of $2.6 million.
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...ly-draft-pick/

Interesting........thoughts?
I personally don't follow college basketball so I have no clue who they would've or should've gone after with that 20th pick, but since they traded it away for a future protected 1st round selection, do you think it was a good move or a bad move?

Last edited by KRAYZIE : 06-25-2008 at 06:39 PM.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:50 PM   #2
Pokerface
Great young streetballer

Pokerface has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Nuggets Trade Their Only Draft Pick!

This makes sense to me only if they have a trade or two lined up instead. They definitely need a reliable big man in case Camby, Nene, or Martin reinjure themselves. The also need a reliable PG and an outside shooter. They may lose Najrera, Carter, and Diawara to free agency, so who will replace them, someone from the Development League? I believe that Nuggets management have something up their sleeves that they won't reveal until after the draft, at least I hope so.
Pokerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:02 PM   #3
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

The only thing that Nuggets Management has up its sleeve is the letting go of JR smith to save us the hassle of building a trophy case
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:33 PM   #4
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

God damnit.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:27 PM   #5
Geandily
Local High School Star

What the hell am I supposed to do tomorrow?
Old 06-25-2008, 08:54 PM   #6
Pokerface
Great young streetballer

Pokerface has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geandily
What the hell am I supposed to do tomorrow?

Get yourself a couple of cold beers and relax. I fully expect the Nuggets to announce a big trade between today and July 1, and use the future 1st round pick they got from the Bobcats as part of the deal. I have only a hunch about this, no sources or hints.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they picked up one or two of the 2nd round picks from either Seattle or Portland.
Pokerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:54 PM   #7
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

when we will see a trade or a move(karl gone)?

if things remain like it is, I would gladly skip watching NBA 08-09 season
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:57 PM   #8
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geandily
The only thing that Nuggets Management has up its sleeve is the letting go of JR smith to save us the hassle of building a trophy case

dont be so negative, they also clearly plan to give away camby & let najera walk with jr

this has to be a peice needed for a trade THIS off season doesnt it?

every draft day since carmelo has been dissapointing imo

a hinrich trade i guess cant happen until july, but for another 24 hours im holding out hope that a trade for WESTBROOK is going to happen

when najera walks, are the nuggets then complete fools for not trading for artest- artest for kleiza straight up? i know this is off topic, but dont we have to commit to najera? or can nugs use him in a s&t with new york, dallas, or new jersey?

there has to be something coming right? otherwise wouldnt you think there was at least a player or two worth waiting on- what else would explain this happening this much before the draft?

a #20 pick isnt super valuble, (i dont think ajinca will last to 20) but there are alot of players that could surely help this team- i was suprised we didnt get a 2nd this year in that deal- now nugs HAVE to trade in for a pick-

im very happy w this deal, as i believe you should never use a pick just to use it- either they didnt think anybody could help or there is a better plan- both much better than picking dj augustine chalmers or another backup something
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:36 PM   #9
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

What do they mean by "protected" pick?
Old 06-26-2008, 03:08 AM   #10
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

Protected through the top 14 in 2009.

--Through the top 12 in 2010.

--Through the top 10 in 2011.

--Through the top 8 in 2012.

--Through the top 3 in 2013.

Nuggets got somewhat raped on this trade.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:58 AM   #11
Geandily
Local High School Star

I'm hoping that we give the money that we were going to give to our draftpick to JR and beg him to stay
Old 06-26-2008, 04:22 PM   #12
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far

There must be something going down within the Nuggets organzation. First Melo is in a lot of trade rumors, nothing has been said about J.R. yet, A.I. hasn't spoken to the Nuggets that is why he didn't opt out, and the last thing they did was gave up their only draft pick in this years draft.

The Nuggets still don't have a point guard that can spread the floor with Melo and A.I.

I think we will most likely trade Camby and maybe Iverson. Yakhouba Diawara, may leave (i have this feeling) to another team that will play him a lot because of his defense(San Antonio maybe?). Najera is going to go to another team without a doubt. Carter is probably going to go to another team that needs a decent backup point guard.

The Nuggets now need to make big noise in free agency to get players that are needed to help this team win a championship.

Mark Warkentien told the media yesterday that he said that if the Nuggets drafted a player, it would be a waste because this is a hard roster to make and it wouldn't be right to let go a good player.

What is you take on this comment, is he right or wrong?
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:09 PM   #13
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Crew
There must be something going down within the Nuggets organzation. First Melo is in a lot of trade rumors, nothing has been said about J.R. yet, A.I. hasn't spoken to the Nuggets that is why he didn't opt out, and the last thing they did was gave up their only draft pick in this years draft.

The Nuggets still don't have a point guard that can spread the floor with Melo and A.I.

I think we will most likely trade Camby and maybe Iverson. Yakhouba Diawara, may leave (i have this feeling) to another team that will play him a lot because of his defense(San Antonio maybe?). Najera is going to go to another team without a doubt. Carter is probably going to go to another team that needs a decent backup point guard.

The Nuggets now need to make big noise in free agency to get players that are needed to help this team win a championship.

Mark Warkentien told the media yesterday that he said that if the Nuggets drafted a player, it would be a waste because this is a hard roster to make and it wouldn't be right to let go a good player.

What is you take on this comment, is he right or wrong?

he is wrong

courtney lee is better than ac, or atkins- ajinca& hibbert are both better than steven hunter

so if we lose najera, diawarah, and camby- who takes their place?

im not understanding how this roster is so great- this is not a video game- this roster is a mess

nugs trade to pick 5 for westbrook (i have 2-3 more hours to dream)

ps i think kiki robbed milwaukee in getting yi for a guy that the nets wanted to move- yi was on a shortlist of pf's that i believe complement melo- i just didnt think yi was available
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:25 PM   #14
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Nuggets-Bobcats deal— Camby and the 20th pick for Emeka Okafor and Ryan Hollins

The Charlotte Bobcats are already shown as selecting Brook Lopez, the 7'0" center out of Stanford, in the first round with the would-be eighth overall pick. And a former Defensive Player of the Year in Camby and the 20th pick soften the blow of losing Okafor.

The Nuggets gain one of the strongest and elite defenders in the game in ''Mek," and former UCLA juggernaut Ryan Hollins makes for a nice substitute.

Problem: Hollins and Emeka must agree to sign-and-trade contracts for the deal to work, as they both are restricted free agents.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ugget-for-sale

Since the Nuggets traded their 20th pick to the Bobcats, could Camby for Emeka Okafor(whom people have been comparing to as a younger version of Camby) and Ryan Hollins be the next step for the Nuggets and Bobcats?.
Lets say that they(Denver) do decide to trade Camby for Okafor, do you guys like that trade?.
Lets face it, Camby is not getting any younger and even though I don't want to see him leave Denver, I would love this trade because with this trade you get rid of an aging player and replace him with a younger version, who can also get you a couple more points with addition to rebounding and shot blocking.

Last edited by KRAYZIE : 06-26-2008 at 09:32 PM.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:59 AM   #15
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Crew
Carter is probably going to go to another team that needs a decent backup point guard.

Not a chance. Karl has his head way too far up his ass and Carter is the only player on the nuggets that he loves.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: