Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-26-2008, 02:21 PM   #1
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default ESPN has spent more time analyzing the draft than they did the entire NBA season.

I was lucky if I caught 15 seconds of highlights each game a night on ESPN this past year. I can't remember if it was that bad the previous season. Now they have all these "experts" talking about the draft all damn day and it's pissing me off. What the hell is the point of talking about a draft of a sport you hardly cover?
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:24 PM   #2
Suns4Life
Hey-OOOOOOOOO

Suns4Life has decent reputation
Default Re: ESPN has spent more time analyzing the draft than they did the entire NBA season.

They are called "highlights" for a reason. What do you expect them to do, give you a 5 minute recap of each game? You want them to break down everytime Duncan posts up. They do that for every sport, show the exciting plays, bing bang boom.
Suns4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:27 PM   #3
Darius07
High School JV MVP

Darius07 has decent reputationDarius07 has decent reputation
Default Re: ESPN has spent more time analyzing the draft than they did the entire NBA season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns4Life
They are called "highlights" for a reason. What do you expect them to do, give you a 5 minute recap of each game? You want them to break down everytime Duncan posts up. They do that for every sport, show the exciting plays, bing bang boom.
ya but they spend WAY more time talking about football and baseball and anylizing each game/team. That's how it seems anyways.
Darius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:29 PM   #4
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

Seems to me that they argue over player arrests and side stories than the actual games, which sucks.
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:30 PM   #5
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

yeah but dont they show the same segments over and over and over again?
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:30 PM   #6
Suns4Life
Hey-OOOOOOOOO

Suns4Life has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius07
ya but they spend WAY more time talking about football and baseball and anylizing each game/team. That's how it seems anyways.

You must be watching college gameday, NFL live, or Baseball Tonight then. They do the same thing for basketball during those NBA Shootaround shows. I thought we were talking about shows that talk about all sports like Sportscenter, PTI, Mike & Mike, etc.
Suns4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:31 PM   #7
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

ESPN loves highlights and hype.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:40 PM   #8
Darius07
High School JV MVP

Darius07 has decent reputationDarius07 has decent reputation

Quote:
You must be watching college gameday, NFL live, or Baseball Tonight then. They do the same thing for basketball during those NBA Shootaround shows. I thought we were talking about shows that talk about all sports like Sportscenter, PTI, Mike & Mike, etc.
No mostly Sportscenter
Darius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:44 PM   #9
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

No, they analyze a lot of football and baseball on Sportscenter and those other shows you mentioned, at least way more then they do with the NBA. Plus, besides NBA Coast 2 Coast on Tuesdays, they hardly show NBA Fastbreak and stuff. Shootaround is only done before a game on ESPN, so I don't really count that as a basketball show, it's more like a game preview like FSN shows for most local teams.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:32 PM   #10
Raindrops
I hit open layups

Raindrops has an OK reputation so far

ESPN in general doesnt show too many highlights, they spend at least half of the time just talking with the "experts". I like watching the final score on FSN at around midnight because it is like how sportscenter used to be, no experts (aka former jock retards) and just highlights.
Raindrops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:54 PM   #11
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geandily
Seems to me that they argue over player arrests and side stories than the actual games, which sucks.
it's more interesting...well it is to me
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:44 PM   #12
howcanilose
Can barely lace up my sneakers

howcanilose has an OK reputation so far

Was ESPN really analyzing the draft?

I only watched a bit but I assumed it was just "Derrick Rose and Michael Beasley are REALLY REALLY GOOD" and then backstories on players.

If they actually spend time analyzing strengths and weaknesses of some of the lower ranked players I'd be really really surprised.
howcanilose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:54 PM   #13
RIMMER
Retired ISH Legend

RIMMER has decent reputation

Obviously, they've thought more about this draft than their Finals predictions.

RIMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:00 PM   #14
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Seems to me like everyone has thier own personal gripe with espn

1. They cover the NFL draft too much
2. They cover the NBA draft too much
3. They cover MLB and NFL too much
4. They cover the negativity, off the field issues too much
5. They cover the controversial athletes too much

So on and so on. Not slamming anyone in here but speaking in general. I've seen every argument about why espn spends x amount of time on such and such...the bottomline is? You cant please everyone because soon as espn caters to your demands/wants? You'll have others complaining. Run over to them and warm thier nuts up? Someone else complains.

When it comes to drafting in the NBA/NFL espn will devote alot of attention because both sports drafts are more popular than any other professional sports. In fact NFL draft is probably the biggest sporting event for the year. As mentioned you cant analyze 82gms from a ****load of teams. You can evaluate top draft prospects who are buzzin. Its few in comparison. Also drafting changes the look of teams as trades (as we are seeing) flare up.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:02 PM   #15
Rafa
Kids at the park dunk on me

Rafa has an OK reputation so far

they covered the NBA far more last season
Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: